5.0 out of 5 stars I know, I know, it's just a measuring cup!
Published on July 1, 2005 by Jerry Tietjens

1.0 out of 5 stars New design is a messy mess
I have been using pyrex brand for years. The new measuring cups are a bad design. They measure fine until you need to empty the contents out. The new and improved spout spills all down the front and all over the counter, stove, or floor no matter how fast or slow you pour it.

Published on April 9, 2012 by Howdy Partner

5.0 out of 5 stars I know, I know, it's just a measuring cup!, July 1, 2005
This review is from: Pyrex Prepware 1-Quart Measuring Cup, Clear with Red Measurements (Kitchen)
I must be getting old, as today I dropped my Pyrex 1 Quart Measuring Cup from a cupboard about 10 feet up and guess what, it didn't break, and I was very excited! I've bought dozens of measuring cups over the years and have managed to melt, break, tarnish and mutilate each and every one of them. This one seems to be up to the challenge. I've used it to melt butter and left it in the microwave too long, washed it a dozen times in the dishwasher, used a whisk in it (I love the sheer size of this thing!). Not a scratch on it! I know, I know, it's just a measuring cup. But quality does matter, and this one is top notch!

1.0 out of 5 stars New design is a messy mess, April 9, 2012
Howdy Partner (Highland, UT USA#1) - See all my reviews

I have a 1 cup, 2 cup, 4 cup, 6 cup, and 8 cup, they are all messy to use. I have lost or broken my old ones and noticed the new design and did not know it would be such a pain. I contacted Pyrex and they told me that they test them out and have not had any complaints. I love their other products but I am trying out other brands of measuring cups. I just hate making an unnecessary mess on top of my mess.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not get the one-quart size!! It's a mess, July 20, 2012
The one-quart size pyrex measuring cup, with its squatty shape, is cute but somehow the physics behind the design causes the liquid inside to pour all over the place. You will get about a quarter cup on the counter and maybe the rest into where it was supposed to go. We regret this purchase and would not buy this again

1.0 out of 5 stars useless too soon, December 5, 2011
How come the Pyrex and Kimax labware I have will keep the graduate marks on them through hideous chemicals and severe dishwashing and the Pyrex measuring cup for my kitchen lost ALL of its markers after 2 trips through a HOME dishwasher?

I bought this because the 55 year old one from my mother had lost all of its markings. Now this new one is just as useless.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Measure, Awful spout!, October 29, 2010
Stephen (Mount Juliet, TN, United States) - See all my reviews
This is a big measuring cup - just what I wanted. But the spout is so poorly made that it defeats the accuracy of measuring because you can't get the measured liquid out without spilling it all over. Really surprised at Pyrex making such a mistake in design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Size for Measuring and Microwaving, December 10, 2008
I love this measuring cup. It's a perfect size for a variety of measuring, mixing and microwaving.

Glass Pyrex measuring cups and bowls are perfect to measure your ingredients in and then just pop right in the microwave to heat up. The open handle is great to hold onto while mixing and also great to grab while removing hot ingredients out of the microwave. The handle doesn't get hot in the microwave. I have the 1 cup, 2 cup, 4 cup and the 8 cup measuring cups in Pyrex. They are great. I love the durable glass instead of plastic, so no worries about bacteria, odors or chemicals. The markings in red are easy to read too. They are also made in the USA.

Highly recommend. This size is the one that I use the most in my kitchen. I use it every morning to make my grits in and almost every night to make my mashed potatoes in. Its also great to make pudding, melt butter and a variety of other foods.

5.0 out of 5 stars No kitchen should be without this Pyrex 1-quart measuring cup, September 5, 2006
Pyrex measuring cups are among the essentials for any kitchen. This size holds one quart but also is useful for mixing smaller amounts such as pancake or waffle batter and muffins, heating soup or chili in the microwave, making Jell-o for the kids, small salads, and much more. I really wouldn't be without this size. You shouldn't be either.

2.0 out of 5 stars One Pesky Problem In Otherwise Perfect Pyrex, November 28, 2010
Monica I. Persson (Lacey, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I have an "older model" of the 1-Quart Pyrex Measuring Cup, so I have a direct comparison. My original is tall and slender, with thick glass. The new version is short, wide and the glass is thinner. I don't know if this makes a difference, but my problem is thus: When pouring liquid, my new Measuring Cup DRIPS. The spout allows liquid to escape down the outside of the container, often outside my bowl. This is not what I'm looking for when attempting to achieve an exact amount of any ingredient needed in a recipe. However, Pyrex is Pyrex. Great for SO many things, and this is a perfect size container for a million different applications ... thus it's impossible for me to give it less than 2 stars. Just keep in mind that you may experience the same issues as I'm having around accurate pouring.

1.0 out of 5 stars A miserable design, September 10, 2012
Kitty Crouch (Plattsburg, MO USA) - See all my reviews
My old Pyrex 4 cup measure developed a crack. I ordered this replacement, never dreaming that it would be virtually unusable. The pouring spout is so tiny and shallow that liquid dribbles down the outside of the vessel. I have never seen anything to rival the stupidity and poor design. It will probably be adequate for dry material, but I will never try to pour liquid from it again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Measurements wear off - can't read them anymore, August 10, 2012
The last two Pyrex measuring cups I have purchased lost the painted measuring marks in less than a year. After this problem and reading that Pyrex is no longer the same glass, I'm switching to Anchor Hocking which has the letters embossed in the glass. And every time I see a vintage Pyrex measuring cup at the flea market I'm buying it!