5.0 out of 5 stars love it !
I absolutely love it. I have the 4 cup one also. They are easy to read, and the best part is the lid. Great for melting butter in the microwave and not have to worry about splatters. The lid also strains as well as pours, so there is less mess. I'm so glad I bought it.
Published on May 31, 2007 by Lizzi B

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard to pour without making a mess
Published 14 months ago by Over 50 and Lovin' It

5.0 out of 5 stars love it !, May 31, 2007
Lizzi B "liz" (White Mtns. NH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Clear with Red Lid and Measurements (Kitchen)

4.0 out of 5 stars no problems, December 6, 2006
The red lid isn't airtight even turning the slotted ends. This is a thick glass product. I have no idea about the Oxo counterpart but I would have checked out the Oxo if the Oxo had existed when I got this. I have owned this for years and it is necessary for Nigella's choco loaf cake recipe because the recipe requires half a cup of BOILING hot water. I mainly use this to bloom yeast or stir up waffle batter.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard to pour without making a mess, September 28, 2013
I love the 'lid' that comes with this. However, as typical of the Pyrex brand, the pour spout is a lousy shape. If you pour r-e-a-l s--l--o--w, then the liquid goes where you want. However, if you pour at the typical speed that you normally do, say the speed you pour a cup of coffee from your carafe, then the liquid goes everywhere, often holding on to the pour spout and going right down the outside of the measuring cup. The pour spout has a terrible shape, and why they haven't fixed that over the decades is a mystery to me. Try a different brand. I'm pleased with my Anchor Hocking brand tempered glass measuring cup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing beats Pyrex glass, April 10, 2013
Mount Everest (Over the Hills and Far Away) - See all my reviews
I drink a lot of Iced tea and I use this little beauty to hold simple syrup. I c water, 1 c granulated sugar. I love the easy-read lines and the lid. I am replacing everything plastic in my kitchen to glass, much of it Pyrex. This came very well packed in a generous amount of small bubble, and was in the correct sized box. Am buying the next 2 larger measurers as well. Came on time and perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars measuring cup, October 21, 2012
Easy to grip handle. Measurements are clear and easy to read. Good product. The lid with the hole is perfect for pouring pancake batter. The lip also seals batter for making when the rest of the family gets up. It is wide enough to use my egg beater to whip cream.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, March 1, 2006
NuJoi "Create with me" (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
It's about time someone figured out how to label a measuring cup so that you didin't have to raise the cup or lower yourself to get the eye level measurement. This is a sturdy cup. Mine has taken multiple trips through the diswasher and the markings remain in tact.

I've used the lids on my cups twice. I tend to use plastic wrap instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read from above, pours nicely, January 28, 2011
It's about time someone design a liquid measuring cup that can be read from above, looking down into the cup, instead of trying to raise it to eye level without sloshing the liquid around. Brilliant! My other concern was that it pour well without making a mess, and it succeeds here as well. You can't pour too quickly, but as long as you don't overdo it, it pours with spilling or dribbling. I am very pleased. with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, June 4, 2014
I used this a lot to heat up bottles it is sturdy and will hold up over time. very handy

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Pour Spout, June 1, 2014
The lid does not fit perfectly and the pour spout is a terrible design. The only way that I can keep liquid from spilling all over when pouring from this cup is to pour very slowly and then most of the time I still spill some liquid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice cup!, April 19, 2014
I've been using this for cooking, and it's been fine. I haven't put it in the freezer, but it microwaves just fine.