Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Size: 2-CupChange

on May 31, 2007
I absolutely love it. I have the 4 cup one also. They are easy to read, and the best part is the lid. Great for melting butter in the microwave and not have to worry about splatters. The lid also strains as well as pours, so there is less mess. I'm so glad I bought it.
on September 28, 2013
I love the 'lid' that comes with this. However, as typical of the Pyrex brand, the pour spout is a lousy shape. If you pour r-e-a-l s--l--o--w, then the liquid goes where you want. However, if you pour at the typical speed that you normally do, say the speed you pour a cup of coffee from your carafe, then the liquid goes everywhere, often holding on to the pour spout and going right down the outside of the measuring cup. The pour spout has a terrible shape, and why they haven't fixed that over the decades is a mystery to me. Try a different brand. I'm pleased with my Anchor Hocking brand tempered glass measuring cup.
on October 21, 2012
Easy to grip handle. Measurements are clear and easy to read. Good product. The lid with the hole is perfect for pouring pancake batter. The lip also seals batter for making when the rest of the family gets up. It is wide enough to use my egg beater to whip cream.
VINE VOICEon March 1, 2006
It's about time someone figured out how to label a measuring cup so that you didin't have to raise the cup or lower yourself to get the eye level measurement. This is a sturdy cup. Mine has taken multiple trips through the diswasher and the markings remain in tact.

I've used the lids on my cups twice. I tend to use plastic wrap instead.
on December 6, 2006
The red lid isn't airtight even turning the slotted ends. This is a thick glass product. I have no idea about the Oxo counterpart but I would have checked out the Oxo if the Oxo had existed when I got this. I have owned this for years and it is necessary for Nigella's choco loaf cake recipe because the recipe requires half a cup of BOILING hot water. I mainly use this to bloom yeast or stir up waffle batter.
0Comment9 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2011
It's about time someone design a liquid measuring cup that can be read from above, looking down into the cup, instead of trying to raise it to eye level without sloshing the liquid around. Brilliant! My other concern was that it pour well without making a mess, and it succeeds here as well. You can't pour too quickly, but as long as you don't overdo it, it pours with spilling or dribbling. I am very pleased. with my purchase.
on June 1, 2014
The lid does not fit perfectly and the pour spout is a terrible design. The only way that I can keep liquid from spilling all over when pouring from this cup is to pour very slowly and then most of the time I still spill some liquid.
on June 4, 2014
I used this a lot to heat up bottles it is sturdy and will hold up over time. very handy
on May 24, 2011
I have several of these in various sizes I use for various baking, heating, and mixing tasks.
They are easy to read and graduations are clear and convient, however the red marking does wear off over time, granted I use them and Wash them ALOT. All my others had the metric measure which makes mixing drinks alot easier than trying to convert fractions to parts and get the end volume you want, considering I bought this one for my bar since it had the lid for straining, I was disspointed it was missing the metric graduations.
on November 26, 2015
The lid is totally useless because it won't stay on the measuring cup. I paid three times as much for this measuring cup because I was looking for one with a lid and I can't even use it. No matter which way I put on the lid, it pops right back off almost immediately. Please see the photos I've uploaded so you can see what I mean.

I figured that maybe I got a defective measuring cup and/or lid so I went to a local store that sells the same Pyrex measuring cup/lid combo and they all had the exact same problem.
review image review image