Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup with Lid
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Size: 2-Cup|Change

on May 31, 2007
I absolutely love it. I have the 4 cup one also. They are easy to read, and the best part is the lid. Great for melting butter in the microwave and not have to worry about splatters. The lid also strains as well as pours, so there is less mess. I'm so glad I bought it.
on November 26, 2015
The lid is totally useless because it won't stay on the measuring cup. I paid three times as much for this measuring cup because I was looking for one with a lid and I can't even use it. No matter which way I put on the lid, it pops right back off almost immediately. Please see the photos I've uploaded so you can see what I mean.

I figured that maybe I got a defective measuring cup and/or lid so I went to a local store that sells the same Pyrex measuring cup/lid combo and they all had the exact same problem.
review image review image
on October 21, 2012
Easy to grip handle. Measurements are clear and easy to read. Good product. The lid with the hole is perfect for pouring pancake batter. The lip also seals batter for making when the rest of the family gets up. It is wide enough to use my egg beater to whip cream.
on September 28, 2013
I love the 'lid' that comes with this. However, as typical of the Pyrex brand, the pour spout is a lousy shape. If you pour r-e-a-l s--l--o--w, then the liquid goes where you want. However, if you pour at the typical speed that you normally do, say the speed you pour a cup of coffee from your carafe, then the liquid goes everywhere, often holding on to the pour spout and going right down the outside of the measuring cup. The pour spout has a terrible shape, and why they haven't fixed that over the decades is a mystery to me. Try a different brand. I'm pleased with my Anchor Hocking brand tempered glass measuring cup.
on June 1, 2014
The lid does not fit perfectly and the pour spout is a terrible design. The only way that I can keep liquid from spilling all over when pouring from this cup is to pour very slowly and then most of the time I still spill some liquid.
on April 25, 2016
Good in concept, but we were very disappointed in this 2-Cup glass measuring cup with the silicone lid. While we trust the Pyrex brand and love their products, this one falls very short of our high level of expectation from this well known brand.

The high quality glass 2-Cup measuring cup works as intended and some will may not like the spout as it can be hard to pour certain viscosity of liquids. The thick glass is durable and is very heat tolerant. The labeling is clear, easy to read and appears to be applied well so that it wont wear off quickly.

The part that's most disappointing is the lid that only sort of fits. When using either of the strainer openings at the spout the side with the large opening will pop up and not stay seated. When using any of the openings on the lid the design of the spout makes it even more difficult to pour neatly. Since this was purchased solely on the intent of using the lid, we're very disappointed.

For the very hefty price of the cup with the lid (more then the cost of a pair of 2-Cup glass measuring cups) you're certainly not getting your monies worth out of the added cost of the lid. We suggest avoiding this 2-Cub glass measuring cup if you're only considering it for the lid. You're probably better off just purchasing the regular Pyrex 2-Cup glass measuring cup for less then half the price instead.
on October 16, 2015
This is a great measuring cup! The handle is comfortable, and the markings are very easy to read. The bonus for me is the ability to read measurements on the inside, which I didn't realize it had. I also like having a lid just in case I need to use it.

Another interesting feature is the fact that, in the right light, there's a slightly aqua tint. I'm not sure why that happens, but it's kind of cool.

I've used Pyrex for many years, and their quality is still excellent. Unless I drop it, I expect this to last for decades.
on May 9, 2016
This purchase was for my second one of these cups. My first one lasted through 25 years of hard use and I finally replaced it with this one. The original didn't break, but decades of washing wore off the measurements which, for a measuring cup, made it difficult to use.

I only hope that this one works as long and as well as the first.
on January 18, 2016
I really like the addition of the lid, now I don't have to pour my half and half back into the carton is I have too much. You simply cannot beat Pyres. And it's glass! I'm phasing out all my plastic containers and bowls and measuring cups back into glass. My Mother said always glass over plastic containers, etc.....and she was right, as usual. Plastic is, to me, good for mixing (etc), but storage is better using glass.
on April 4, 2016
These are good, but way oversized for the amount of liquid they measure. I have some Anchor Hocking measuring cups, and these 1-cup Pyrex cups are as big as the 2-cup anchor cups. Take up more space in the cabinet, so 1 star off for that. Otherwise, they're very well built and work great for measuring and microwaving my daughter's milk for her bottles.