Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Size: 2 Cup|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on August 11, 2012
As many reviewers have already said, Pyrex is not what it was, which I won't lament here, except to agree that it is true. I can also confirm that the spout on this jug is worthless, unless you pour very slowly or very fast. I guess that's pretty bad news for a jug, but I'm still not entirely dissatisfied with this product. Just be aware that it's far from perfect, and quite expensive for what you get. On the subject of the lid, it's not a spill-proof lid and was never intended to be. The lid functions pretty well in that it covers the contents just fine.
I use a one quart pyrex measuring cup as part of my aquarium maintenance kit. At times when my guppy's tail rot started progressing quickly, I actually created a salt bath in my Pyrex 1-quart measuring cup and ran an air stone into it for oxygen and let the little guy chill out for a while. It worked to halt the fin rot.

During the winter I use this 1-quart measuring cup to boil water to raise the temperature of the water I add to the fish tanks after the 20% water changing (with a bit of dechlorination chemical, of course).

Bet you didn't see a review like this coming.
on December 27, 2011
I'm surprised at all the great reviews for this product. While it looks nice and has a nice weight to it, the spout is horrible. It's nearly impossible for pour from it without it dripping down outside of the cup. Also, the one I received is inaccurate. The markings are between 1/8" and 1/4" too high so I can't use it for my baking needs because it adds to much liquid to the recipe. The only use I have for it at this point is for scrambling eggs for an omelet.
on August 7, 2014
I have a very old Pyrex measuring cup like this one, and it is perfect. For some reason, it is difficult to pour out of this one. I don't see anything wrong with it, but I wonder if the pouring lip is a bit "off". I don't know for sure, but I do know that I don't spill with my old one and I routinely spill with this one when pouring out the morning's four cups of hot chocolate. It is handy, and it microwaves nicely, but something is odd about pouring from it.
on April 11, 2014
My old one cup measuring cup chipped right at the pour spout. I bought a new Pyrex measuring cup at Meijers and some weeks later finally washed it, used it, put it into the dishwasher and it really did come out CLEAR, no divisions in red at all. Took that one back and they gladly replaced it. I did the same as before, cleaned it, used it, put it in the dishwasher. So much red washed off that I'm surprised they weren't looking for some bloodless zombie in my neighborhood.
QUALITY no longer means anything to corporations any longer. They just assume that they can those nasty complaints until things cool off. Damaged goods? So what? You're just another customer. We have thousands of those who don't complain. Go away!! SO, I did. I'll have to find another source for the glass models. I will not use the plastic items.
So long, Pyrex!!!!!!!!!!!
on July 26, 2014
Pyrex has discontinued their original measuring cup and replaced it with this. The spout is so poorly made that it defeats the accuracy of measuring because you can't get the measured liquid out without spilling it all over. When pouring liquid, my new Measuring Cup DRIPS. This design flaw makes the cup virtually worthless. These days, Pyrex ain't what it used to be. On a positive note, the handle doesn't get hot in the microwave.
on July 24, 2014
I have wanted an 8-Cup Measuring Cup for a while. The reason for the mediocre rating is the handle. It’s not long enough to counter the weight of the cup or control it while trying to pour. I have 2 sets of smaller Pyrex cups and like them a lot. But this big cup has the same size handle as the smaller cups. It needs to be longer and some texture would help the grip as well. I am still glade I have it. I just wish I could pour from it one handed.
on February 21, 2016
Pyrex Prepware 1-Quart Measuring Cup

Most of us know what a dribble glass is, even if we've never seen one in person. This measuring cup is the equivalent of a dribble glass, but it's not a funny prank. It's nearly impossible to pour liquid from this cup without having liquid dribble down the front, making a mess of the kitchen and skewing the amount of liquid you measured and needed.

Nothing else is important; Not the type of glass, the weight, the accuracy or durability of the measurements - nothing. If it's unusable, why bother? I used this cup twice, cleaned up the mess - and then returned it. Too bad, as Pyrex used to be a trusted name.

I've since purchased a Catamount Glassware 4-Cup Measure and highly recommend it.
on March 3, 2013
It may seem goofy to love these old Pyrex measuring cups but I do. I just watched America's Test Kitchen and they did a test of all of the major brands of liquid measuring cups and these won. Hands down the best. I have some good grips and oxo liquid measuring cups that are plastic and in less than a year the lettering is coming off . You can't put them in the microwave either and in the test kitchen results the oxo was off by 2 ounces. These boring old glass Pyrex liquid measuring cups are nearly indestructible and 100 percent accurate. The Test Kitchen folks said that Pyrex has changed the way it labels these cups and that there is a big 2 x 3 inch solid red patch at the bottom of the new model and you absolutely cannot read the hash marks for small amounts like 1/3 or 1/4. They are discontinuing these great classic measuring cups so I bought a 4 cup and a 2 cup for good measure. Teehee.
on December 23, 2014
I am getting rid of this measuring cup because, no matter how carefully I pour, liquid runs down the front of the cup all over the counter. Some other reviewers have had the same problem. Something about the spout design causes this thing to make a mess every time I have used it. My advice is to get something else!