4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, cheap, and shallow
Published on January 7, 2005 by Aaron Contorer

3.0 out of 5 stars Shallow; not my favorite mixing bowls
These are the first bowls I bought when I moved to our new house a dozen years ago. They are classic--have a rim, are pyrex glass and heat-proof (but can't go on the stove top.) I don't actually like them compared to my very old Pyrex bowls from the Sixties. Sad, but the old colored bowls are higher sides, and have one more size that works for anything I'm mixing up...
Published 7 months ago by Joanna Daneman

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, cheap, and shallow, January 7, 2005
This review is from: Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set, Clear (Kitchen)
If you need some wide, shallow mixing bowls, these are a nice choice. Their design is attractive and basic, and you know the benefits of Pyrex. Before buying, you should consider stainless steel instead, as it is lighter (these are a bit heavy) and won't explode into sharp bits if you drop it on your tile floor. Also, bear in mind that these bowls are shallow, so if you are a messy mixer (or use an electric mixer or a fast whisk), you may end up slopping ingredients out over the side.

Their wide shape and clear material lets them do double duty as informal serving bowls, which a true (high sided) mixing bowl doesn't do very well.

In short, these are nice to have around for certain uses, but choose high-sided stainless steel bowls as your main set.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive and Holding Up Well, June 30, 2006
This review is from: Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set, Clear (Kitchen)
I bought this set about two weeks ago and have been satisfied overall. You are getting exactly what you pay for; three basic glass bowls that are fairly sturdy and seem very durable. My only complaint is that they identify themselves as `mixing bowls' and are really all too small to do any real mixing in. The smallest one is the size of a cereal bowl, and the biggest one can only hold enough salad for 4 people. If you want to actually mix, even a single batch of cookies, you're going to want something bigger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well sized and sturdy, February 19, 2010
These bowls are great. I almost got the set with 4 bowls, but I'm glad I didn't as I think the smallest bowl would have potentially been too small. These bowls are very nicely sized.

I like that it is very easy to store these. Simply put the lids on each bowl and next them inside each other. Do make sure they are dry though if you do this as the lids seal extremely well. I've had covered mixing bowls before and they've always sealed like crap. I'm very pleased with how these seal.

These are of course easy to clean. They are easy to use a hand mixer in. They have a variety of very useful sizes for your needs.

I'm very pleased with these items. I don't think I'd recommend putting the lids in the dishwasher in the long term though as I think it could screw up how well the lids seal. The bowls themselves could easily go into the dishwasher though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bowls!, November 4, 2004
csm (The great Midwest!) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set, Clear (Kitchen)
I've had these for about 14 years and I'm still using them. I can't use them to serve anymore because they scratch rather easily and look awful, but they're still on the mixing job. I've used them so much that they're needing replaced now but I really like being able to see through the bowl to make sure all the batter has been mixed thoroughly. It's just one of those things everyone should have in their cabinet to make life easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick, December 24, 2010
Lids fit perfectly and its nice to use glass instead of plastic. I am very pleased with this set. The large one is perfect for salad.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly basic, December 3, 2004
Nilremwolf (Hicksville, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set, Clear (Kitchen)
This is one of those things that you can't miss with . . . you get what you pay for. Three Pyrex mixing bowls, which so far, have been terrific for me. Perfect for making and mixing anything I've thrown at them, pouring hot liquid and then shoving it straight into the refrigerator, or mixing, quick wash, mixing something else.

The lip makes them easy to hold on to, but kind of gets in the way when I'm stacking these bowls with other mixing bowls I own, which are also Pyrex, but going on 25 years old now. Aside from that, so far, so good, and i'm quite happy with the cheap purchase, which is cheaper than nearby stores.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good no-nonsense set, April 16, 2007
This review is from: Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set, Clear (Kitchen)
I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so having this set of handy and versatile bowls is essential. I got them a couple of months ago and use at least one of them every day. I agree that a high-sided mixing bowl would be better suited for an electric hand mixer, but since I don't have one of those these shallow bowls are fine. They're great for mixing by hand, serving, storing, clean easily, and fit nicely in the dishwasher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good set at an attractive price!, August 5, 2013
This is exactly what I needed for my main set of mixing bowls - they nest and have great fitting and colorful lids. Plus, they are not too heavy at all, but yet obviously sturdy. And I love the lip around the top edge of the bowls, as they make it easier to carry or lift with pot holders. I use to have the old colored design Pyrex bowls, but they were quite heavy. I currently have sturdy plastic nesting bowls but they have their downfalls. This clear glass set is far superior in so many ways. They don't stain or hold a smell, you can watch what you are cooking w/o taking off the lid, and they are great for using a hand held mixer. And when I use them for storing left overs in the fridge, I will be able to see what is in them! Plus I can use them in the oven as well as the microwave. I imagine I will make A LOT of use of these for years to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pyrex bowls, December 18, 2011
These bowls work well...no drips or spills. They stack nicely for storing. I don't really like the shape, though. They have a rim that you can't really see on the computer screen. If they had a better shape I would give them 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, October 22, 2005
This review is from: Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set, Clear (Kitchen)
I have become increasingly fond of glass items in the kitchen. I have purchased glass lids for many of my pots, etc. I prefer to see what is happening during mixing and cooking. Current glass, including Pyrex, is very durable; I have never broken a piece.

These bowls work brilliantly for myriad uses. They go into the oven, microwave, and fridge with aplomb.

PS

I like also the set of small Pyrex bowls, often seen on cooking shows, to hold spices, diced veggies, etc during preparation. These are also available on Amazon.

Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set, Clear