Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Size: 3 piece setStyle Name: Without LidChange

VINE VOICEon July 1, 2007
Pyrex doesn't need a review--it's great stuff. Non-pourous so it doesn't soak up tastes and smells that can never be washed out. Tough and beautiful, Pyrex does it all.

So the bowls are a no brainer, but why buy these instead of others. The tops of course are the difference. I've found that most Pyrex bowls with tops I had looked at didn't fit on their bowls very well or were made out of materials which didn't seem like they would outlast me--as they should. These tops are durable, make a good seal that wont pop off or leak. And they're labeled with the various volumes of the bowls.

The size range of the set is also very good--from one the size of a cereal bowl to one large enough for a pot-luck salad without being so big that it wouldn't fit in a kitchen cabinet--and they all fit inside each other without the smaller ones rising above the rims of the larger ones.

You can put all the bowls inside each other then close them all up with the largest top--with enough room to put paper towels between each bowl and the next for safety.
11 comment338 of 340 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2007
From batter to salads, this set has you covered. Exceptional value in a set of Pyrex bowls with lids that means they do double duty as mixing bowls and storage containers. I bought this set because I needed a large glass salad bowl with a cover, and feel almost like I got the bonus of three additional covered mixing bowls. The smaller two bowls are great for small mixes, scrambled eggs, reheats and storage, and the larger 2 bowls are great for mixing and salads. I love that I now have a way to store salads that doesn't involve plastic wrap or foil. Made in USA. Microwave safe. Freezer safe. Dishwasher safe. Safer and frankly, more durable than plastics.
0Comment100 of 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 7, 2005
If you need some wide, shallow mixing bowls, these are a nice choice. Their design is attractive and basic, and you know the benefits of Pyrex. Before buying, you should consider stainless steel instead, as it is lighter (these are a bit heavy) and won't explode into sharp bits if you drop it on your tile floor. Also, bear in mind that these bowls are shallow, so if you are a messy mixer (or use an electric mixer or a fast whisk), you may end up slopping ingredients out over the side.

Their wide shape and clear material lets them do double duty as informal serving bowls, which a true (high sided) mixing bowl doesn't do very well.

In short, these are nice to have around for certain uses, but choose high-sided stainless steel bowls as your main set.
66 comments243 of 262 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2007
You get what you pay for. If you get the cheap plastic containers from Ikea and the like, you are heading for problems in the long run. Pyrex containers are great quality, and well worth the extra dollar you put in. I was looking for a package with a big bowl and this one fits the bill, the large one is great in size, should be able to store most of what you would need or want.
0Comment56 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2010
Wow. I see a lot of folks are writing that they bought this bowl as a replacement for an older bowl they had lost or broken. Well, let me jump on that bandwagon, too. I broke my 30 year old Pyrex hand-me-down-from-my-grandmother bowl recently and was absolutely distraught over it. It was irreplaceable!! Or so I thought. I ordered this bowl just as a temporary fix until I could find one exactly like the one I'd broken (impossible since it was very 70's in its design with groovy flowers on the side). I have to admit tho, that when this bowl arrived, I immediately put it to work and tested it out by making peanut brittle in the microwave... this involves cooking sugar, karo syrup and raw peanuts in the bowl for approximately 8 minutes. This would be the challenge! And you know what? It totally surpassed my old groovy Pyrex bowl!! My OLD one got so hot it was a hazard to try and hold the sides and pour this candy onto the wax paper. I was always burning myself. But this new one... oh man, this NEW bowl is PHENOMENAL!! It doesn't get overly hot. It was totally manageable to hold. It cools down fast after being in the microwave. I love how much it holds, too. It's just perfect in every way. I cannot rave enough about this bowl. I'm sorry I broke the old one for nostalgic reasons, but this new bowl is leaps and bounds about it in every way. Highly recommmend this item!
11 comment33 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2015
Been using for about 15 days now. No complaints here. Nice thick, even glass
review image
0Comment35 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I bought this set about two weeks ago and have been satisfied overall. You are getting exactly what you pay for; three basic glass bowls that are fairly sturdy and seem very durable. My only complaint is that they identify themselves as `mixing bowls' and are really all too small to do any real mixing in. The smallest one is the size of a cereal bowl, and the biggest one can only hold enough salad for 4 people. If you want to actually mix, even a single batch of cookies, you're going to want something bigger.
11 comment98 of 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2010
These bowls are great. I almost got the set with 4 bowls, but I'm glad I didn't as I think the smallest bowl would have potentially been too small. These bowls are very nicely sized.

I like that it is very easy to store these. Simply put the lids on each bowl and next them inside each other. Do make sure they are dry though if you do this as the lids seal extremely well. I've had covered mixing bowls before and they've always sealed like crap. I'm very pleased with how these seal.

These are of course easy to clean. They are easy to use a hand mixer in. They have a variety of very useful sizes for your needs.

I'm very pleased with these items. I don't think I'd recommend putting the lids in the dishwasher in the long term though as I think it could screw up how well the lids seal. The bowls themselves could easily go into the dishwasher though.
33 comments43 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2015
Really cool set. I love the price too ($13.99). Even though it says 6 PCS, its actually 3 GLASS bowls and 3 PLASTIC covers (so, total of 6 items). At first when I saw it I though It was 2 sets of those glass mixing bowls. Anyway, the glass seems durable, still I have not used it. Here are the pictures from when I received it in its original box and opened to see...
0Comment27 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2007
These bowls are great. They are the right sizes, easy to clean, no odor retention. The covers are so easy to clean as well. They don't take up a lot of space because they stack very well. I have retired my plastic bowls because these are so much easier to use and clean. Should the opportunity arise I will buy more and give them as a gift. Great product and super price
0Comment25 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse