Most helpful critical review
36 of 42 people found the following review helpful
Shattered after being used in the microwave
on February 4, 2012
These bowls are advertised as being microwave-safe, but that hasn't been my experience.
I used the smallest bowl to melt some butter in the microwave. After pouring the melted butter over popcorn in a different bowl, I put the little bowl in the dishwasher to sit until I had enough dishes to run a load. A few minutes later, there was this huge popping sound.
Yep, the bowl shattered to pieces. I was incredibly lucky that this happenend in a contained space. I would hate to think what could've happened if the bowl had been sitting on the counter instead of in the dishwasher! Fortunately, the dishwasher was almost empty at the time so nothing else got damaged.
It took me about an hour to get all the pieces out of the dishwasher. I use the remaining bowls to store food in the fridge, but I never again intend to expose glass to high temperatures. I now melt butter in a saucepan on the stove, instead of the microwave.