Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

Size: 3 piece set|Change

VINE VOICEon January 7, 2005
If you need some wide, shallow mixing bowls, these are a nice choice. Their design is attractive and basic, and you know the benefits of Pyrex. Before buying, you should consider stainless steel instead, as it is lighter (these are a bit heavy) and won't explode into sharp bits if you drop it on your tile floor. Also, bear in mind that these bowls are shallow, so if you are a messy mixer (or use an electric mixer or a fast whisk), you may end up slopping ingredients out over the side.

Their wide shape and clear material lets them do double duty as informal serving bowls, which a true (high sided) mixing bowl doesn't do very well.

In short, these are nice to have around for certain uses, but choose high-sided stainless steel bowls as your main set.
66 comments|248 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2015
Really cool set. I love the price too ($13.99). Even though it says 6 PCS, its actually 3 GLASS bowls and 3 PLASTIC covers (so, total of 6 items). At first when I saw it I though It was 2 sets of those glass mixing bowls. Anyway, the glass seems durable, still I have not used it. Here are the pictures from when I received it in its original box and opened to see...
I bought this set about two weeks ago and have been satisfied overall. You are getting exactly what you pay for; three basic glass bowls that are fairly sturdy and seem very durable. My only complaint is that they identify themselves as `mixing bowls' and are really all too small to do any real mixing in. The smallest one is the size of a cereal bowl, and the biggest one can only hold enough salad for 4 people. If you want to actually mix, even a single batch of cookies, you're going to want something bigger.
11 comment|102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2015
Been using for about 15 days now. No complaints here. Nice thick, even glass
review image
on February 19, 2010
These bowls are great. I almost got the set with 4 bowls, but I'm glad I didn't as I think the smallest bowl would have potentially been too small. These bowls are very nicely sized.

I like that it is very easy to store these. Simply put the lids on each bowl and next them inside each other. Do make sure they are dry though if you do this as the lids seal extremely well. I've had covered mixing bowls before and they've always sealed like crap. I'm very pleased with how these seal.

These are of course easy to clean. They are easy to use a hand mixer in. They have a variety of very useful sizes for your needs.

I'm very pleased with these items. I don't think I'd recommend putting the lids in the dishwasher in the long term though as I think it could screw up how well the lids seal. The bowls themselves could easily go into the dishwasher though.
33 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2013
I use these Pyrex bowls and covers for many uses: they are the best for storage of cooked fruit, vegetables, fish, etc. They are good for uncooked (raw) foods as well, especially left-over items from opened cans of food. The covers help keep the food fresh for future use. One note of caution: each matching cover must be snapped into place all around the bowl's rim in order to maintain an air-tight closure and prevent air from coming in, which can spoil the food. This must be done carefully and checked before placing into the refrigerator or freezer. When removing food from a bowl and then returning it to the refrigerator, the same caution must be exercised in order to maintain the contents' freshness. I had a couple of occasions, that the rim was not completely sealed, and the food spoiled within a few days. I have found that I have saved money, over the plastic, disposable food storage containers. Once they develop an odor of fish, especially, or get oily from the food contents, they are very hard to clean and reuse. That is when they must be disposed of. However, these Pyrex bowls and covers are very hardy, durable and easy to clean. They are long-lasting for years. They also make great gifts.
on September 30, 2015
Confirmed from Pyrex (World Kitchen) that this is indeed soda lime glass, not borosilicate like the old Pyrex. Soda lime glass has been in the news because it can explode when going from one temperature extreme to the other. My research says that even taking a hot bowl from the microwave and setting it on a counter can be enough to set it off. Wanted to return it, but would have to pay shipping back so after spending almost $15 would only be refunded about $5. So, we'll keep it and just not use it for heating. Bummer, and all in the name of worshipping the bottom line over providing good product.
on August 5, 2013
This is exactly what I needed for my main set of mixing bowls - they nest and have great fitting and colorful lids. Plus, they are not too heavy at all, but yet obviously sturdy. And I love the lip around the top edge of the bowls, as they make it easier to carry or lift with pot holders. I use to have the old colored design Pyrex bowls, but they were quite heavy. I currently have sturdy plastic nesting bowls but they have their downfalls. This clear glass set is far superior in so many ways. They don't stain or hold a smell, you can watch what you are cooking w/o taking off the lid, and they are great for using a hand held mixer. And when I use them for storing left overs in the fridge, I will be able to see what is in them! Plus I can use them in the oven as well as the microwave. I imagine I will make A LOT of use of these for years to come.
on September 24, 2014
I love Pyrex bowls, I've used them for years, but this evening when I poured something hot into one of the bowls it broke in half, literally in half where the top of the liquid was. I've never seen this happen before and thankfully no one was hurt, but the bowl certainly didn't live up to my expectations.
VINE VOICEon April 16, 2007
I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so having this set of handy and versatile bowls is essential. I got them a couple of months ago and use at least one of them every day. I agree that a high-sided mixing bowl would be better suited for an electric hand mixer, but since I don't have one of those these shallow bowls are fine. They're great for mixing by hand, serving, storing, clean easily, and fit nicely in the dishwasher.