Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Size: 3 piece set|Change

VINE VOICEon July 1, 2007
Pyrex doesn't need a review--it's great stuff. Non-pourous so it doesn't soak up tastes and smells that can never be washed out. Tough and beautiful, Pyrex does it all.

So the bowls are a no brainer, but why buy these instead of others. The tops of course are the difference. I've found that most Pyrex bowls with tops I had looked at didn't fit on their bowls very well or were made out of materials which didn't seem like they would outlast me--as they should. These tops are durable, make a good seal that wont pop off or leak. And they're labeled with the various volumes of the bowls.

The size range of the set is also very good--from one the size of a cereal bowl to one large enough for a pot-luck salad without being so big that it wouldn't fit in a kitchen cabinet--and they all fit inside each other without the smaller ones rising above the rims of the larger ones.

You can put all the bowls inside each other then close them all up with the largest top--with enough room to put paper towels between each bowl and the next for safety.
22 comments|349 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2007
From batter to salads, this set has you covered. Exceptional value in a set of Pyrex bowls with lids that means they do double duty as mixing bowls and storage containers. I bought this set because I needed a large glass salad bowl with a cover, and feel almost like I got the bonus of three additional covered mixing bowls. The smaller two bowls are great for small mixes, scrambled eggs, reheats and storage, and the larger 2 bowls are great for mixing and salads. I love that I now have a way to store salads that doesn't involve plastic wrap or foil. Made in USA. Microwave safe. Freezer safe. Dishwasher safe. Safer and frankly, more durable than plastics.
0Comment|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 7, 2005
If you need some wide, shallow mixing bowls, these are a nice choice. Their design is attractive and basic, and you know the benefits of Pyrex. Before buying, you should consider stainless steel instead, as it is lighter (these are a bit heavy) and won't explode into sharp bits if you drop it on your tile floor. Also, bear in mind that these bowls are shallow, so if you are a messy mixer (or use an electric mixer or a fast whisk), you may end up slopping ingredients out over the side.

Their wide shape and clear material lets them do double duty as informal serving bowls, which a true (high sided) mixing bowl doesn't do very well.

In short, these are nice to have around for certain uses, but choose high-sided stainless steel bowls as your main set.
66 comments|252 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2007
You get what you pay for. If you get the cheap plastic containers from Ikea and the like, you are heading for problems in the long run. Pyrex containers are great quality, and well worth the extra dollar you put in. I was looking for a package with a big bowl and this one fits the bill, the large one is great in size, should be able to store most of what you would need or want.
on May 10, 2015
Really cool set. I love the price too ($13.99). Even though it says 6 PCS, its actually 3 GLASS bowls and 3 PLASTIC covers (so, total of 6 items). At first when I saw it I though It was 2 sets of those glass mixing bowls. Anyway, the glass seems durable, still I have not used it. Here are the pictures from when I received it in its original box and opened to see...
I bought this set about two weeks ago and have been satisfied overall. You are getting exactly what you pay for; three basic glass bowls that are fairly sturdy and seem very durable. My only complaint is that they identify themselves as `mixing bowls' and are really all too small to do any real mixing in. The smallest one is the size of a cereal bowl, and the biggest one can only hold enough salad for 4 people. If you want to actually mix, even a single batch of cookies, you're going to want something bigger.
11 comment|103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2015
Been using for about 15 days now. No complaints here. Nice thick, even glass
review image
on February 19, 2010
These bowls are great. I almost got the set with 4 bowls, but I'm glad I didn't as I think the smallest bowl would have potentially been too small. These bowls are very nicely sized.

I like that it is very easy to store these. Simply put the lids on each bowl and next them inside each other. Do make sure they are dry though if you do this as the lids seal extremely well. I've had covered mixing bowls before and they've always sealed like crap. I'm very pleased with how these seal.

These are of course easy to clean. They are easy to use a hand mixer in. They have a variety of very useful sizes for your needs.

I'm very pleased with these items. I don't think I'd recommend putting the lids in the dishwasher in the long term though as I think it could screw up how well the lids seal. The bowls themselves could easily go into the dishwasher though.
33 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2007
These bowls are great. They are the right sizes, easy to clean, no odor retention. The covers are so easy to clean as well. They don't take up a lot of space because they stack very well. I have retired my plastic bowls because these are so much easier to use and clean. Should the opportunity arise I will buy more and give them as a gift. Great product and super price
on April 21, 2010
I just love this set. I've had it now for several months and use it constantly. I really like the different colored lids which fit snugly and comfortably without being a pain to get off. They are nice vivid colors that have held up well even in the dishwasher. Also the sizes of the bowls are perfect for storing. They have been used a lot and still look like new. I ordered a second set so that I have plenty on hand because these are my new favorite storage bowls. I deducted a star because I wouldn't really classify these are great mixing bowls since they aren't deep enough and narrow enough for certain mixing bowl needs. I tried making mashed potatoes in the largest one with a hand mixer and it was a mess. So I use them when I don't need any electronic mixing and for storage containers and serving bowls. But overall, the quality is very good as it is with all the Pyrex products I've had over the years. Some of them I've had for over 20 years and they still look good! I would say a very good product but not really suitable for certain mixing bowl needs.