Published 12 months ago by Victoria

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice size
I like the size of this pyrex cup, however, the newer designs seem to have a smaller spout where the liquid tends to run down the front a lot easier than my older model pyrex cups.
Published 10 months ago by Js

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The true "original PYREX" and the only one still sold here..., November 30, 2013
Victoria (SF North Bay) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pyrex Prepware 1 Cup Measuring Cup with Red Graphics
Am just about to order this as I chipped the pour-spout on my old one the other day. Also, another reviewer for a different size cup, stated that "PYREX" in all caps denotes the only original standard USA glass measuring cups remaining. The newer iterations have lower case "pyrex" and new measuring graphics. Apparently, the newer [likely outsourced] glass is made with a different process and there are numerous reports of the glass "exploding" in the microwave. I'll pass on that, thank you.

This one is just about perfect anyway, as it has 8 oz marked as usual, but plenty of room to heat water for a 12 oz mug: Approximately 10 oz at the the bottom of the pyrex lettering, and 12 oz at the top of the lettering. Plus, did I mention that this particular spout pours without dribbling liquid all over the counter?

Order one before this too is phased out for the newer inferior model. [Sigh, this is almost as exciting as perfect ice cubes...hahaha.]

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the best, November 30, 2012
This review is from: Pyrex Prepware 1 Cup Measuring Cup with Red Graphics
Nothing beats Pyrex for liquid measuring cups. I was not able to find this size locally, so I bought it here. Now if I could only find dry measure cups that were this accurate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, July 31, 2013
Bison132 (Tucson, AZ, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pyrex Prepware 1 Cup Measuring Cup with Red Graphics
I have the 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup and it works well, so I decided to get the 1 cup also. It also works well and the lettering lasts a very long time..(I have owned Pyrex cups before). I am happy with the product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice size, January 5, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for baking, August 8, 2014
This review is from: Pyrex Prepware 1 Cup Measuring Cup with Red Graphics
I've done a lot of baking over the past 40 years or so and have always used Pyrex measuring cups. They are durable and nearly indestructible. My first one-cup Pyrex measuring cup lasted for nearly 30 years before it finally chipped. My current one is ten years old and in great condition. But it's not just that they're durable. I love the fact that the measuring lines are easy to read and never fade. (I've had plastic measuring cups where the markings have long since worn off.) And I'm also glad that there's additional room at the top beyond the 1-quart line so that I don't have to fill the cup to the very top and risk spilling some while pouring. Plus, they're microwave safe, which is always a boon when cooking or baking. In every way, this is a superior measuring cup.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the product pictured in the photograph, December 3, 2013
This review is from: Pyrex Prepware 1 Cup Measuring Cup with Red Graphics
Actually the measuring cup is fine - good Pyrex brand quality BUT the product shipped is NOT the one pictured in the photograph. It is a newer design. So if you are trying to replace a piece in an existing set in this style with the main measurements shown in a red block, you will not be pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars happy cook, April 26, 2013
This review is from: Pyrex Prepware 1 Cup Measuring Cup with Red Graphics
Great exactly want I wanted. It's getting difficult to find this one cup measuring cup. It's been recommend by Cooks illustrated .

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed. Appears to be the same cup that Amazon offers for $2 less!, April 17, 2014
This review is from: Pyrex Prepware 1 Cup Measuring Cup with Red Graphics
Even though the product picture showed the new pyrex cup, the product description "Cup with Red Graphics" AND the fact that it was $2 more than what appeared to be a comparable cup offered thru Amazon Prime, I ordered this cup hoping that it would be the USA-made version with the "red graphics" and the wider spout. It wasn't! It appears to be the same cup offered for $6.60. Not sure of the difference between the two cups (the one offered for $6.60 and this one). If someone knows the difference please let me know; maybe I wouldn't feel so foolish for ordering the more expensive cup.

4.0 out of 5 stars Must Have Item for the Kitchen., July 26, 2014
This review is from: Pyrex Prepware 1 Cup Measuring Cup with Red Graphics
My old one shattered on my tile floor when it slipped out of my hand while loading the dishwasher. Booooooo. I love this measuring cup. I love that the handle goes all the way to the top so you can nest the one in the two in the 5. Love that they're microwave and dishwasher safe, probably oven safe too, since it's pyrex, but I've never tested that.

I quickly ordered the same one on Amazon. I did notice when it arrived that the handle on the newer one is about an inch shorter than my old one, which seems like it will make me even more likely to lose my grip on this new one, hence the 1 star deduction.

Also, my husband was sad that there were no interior markings like there are on the 2 cup one. He doesn't like lifting the cup to see if he's reached his desired volume, he likes the interior markings. I don't mind that they're not there, they weren't there on my old one either.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT PYREX!, January 29, 2014
This review is from: Pyrex Prepware 1 Cup Measuring Cup with Red Graphics
There is a difference between PYREX(R) and pyrex(R). Google it for yourself, and look for the terms "borosilicate" and "explode". What's pictured on this item is PYREX(R) and what I received is pyrex(R). You can tell the difference in the graphics printed on the measuring cup-- is Pyrex in capitals or lower case? The photo is capitals (as of today Jan 2014; hope they change this) and what I received is lower case.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›