Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 1 Pack|Change

on November 30, 2013
3/24/2016 - IMPORTANT UPDATE.

THE MODEL NOW BEING SOLD (SEE CUSTOMER IMAGES) IS THE "NEWEST" VERSION. PYREX IS WRITTEN IN LOWER CASE AND THE OZ AND ML MARKINGS ARE RED ON CLEAR GLASS. THESE ARE NO LONGER MADE OF BOROSILICATE (LAB GRADE) GLASS...WHICH WOULD EXPLAIN WHY SOME OF THE NEWER ONES HAVE EXPLODED IN CUSTOMER'S MICROWAVES, EVEN THOUGH THE LETTERING CLEARLY STATES "MICROWAVEABLE."

MY ADVICE? DO SOME ONLINE RESEARCH AS TO THE VERY REAL DANGERS OF MICROWAVE OVENS, AND YOU WILL LIKELY NEVER USE ONE AGAIN...ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN!!! THEN YOUR (NEW MODEL) PYREX MEASURING CUPS WILL LAST AS LONG AS YOU NEED THEM.
_____________

Am just about to order this as I chipped the pour-spout on my old one the other day. Also, another reviewer for a different size cup, stated that "PYREX" in all caps denotes the only original standard USA glass measuring cups remaining. The newer iterations have lower case "pyrex" and new measuring graphics. And from what I've bben told, the newer measuring cups are basically just thick window glass...thus the numerous reports of the glass "exploding" in the microwave. I'll pass on that, thank you.

This one is just about perfect anyway, as it has 8 oz marked as usual, but plenty of room to heat water for a 12 oz mug: Approximately 10 oz at the the bottom of the pyrex lettering, and 12 oz at the top of the lettering. Plus, did I mention that this particular spout pours without dribbling liquid all over the counter?
on December 3, 2013
Actually the measuring cup is fine - good Pyrex brand quality BUT the product shipped is NOT the one pictured in the photograph. It is a newer design. So if you are trying to replace a piece in an existing set in this style with the main measurements shown in a red block, you will not be pleased.
on November 30, 2012
Nothing beats Pyrex for liquid measuring cups. I was not able to find this size locally, so I bought it here. Now if I could only find dry measure cups that were this accurate.
on July 31, 2013
I have the 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup and it works well, so I decided to get the 1 cup also. It also works well and the lettering lasts a very long time..(I have owned Pyrex cups before). I am happy with the product.
on January 29, 2014
There is a difference between PYREX(R) and pyrex(R). Google it for yourself, and look for the terms "borosilicate" and "explode". What's pictured on this item is PYREX(R) and what I received is pyrex(R). You can tell the difference in the graphics printed on the measuring cup-- is Pyrex in capitals or lower case? The photo is capitals (as of today Jan 2014; hope they change this) and what I received is lower case.
on July 26, 2014
My old one shattered on my tile floor when it slipped out of my hand while loading the dishwasher. Booooooo. I love this measuring cup. I love that the handle goes all the way to the top so you can nest the one in the two in the 5. Love that they're microwave and dishwasher safe, probably oven safe too, since it's pyrex, but I've never tested that.

I quickly ordered the same one on Amazon. I did notice when it arrived that the handle on the newer one is about an inch shorter than my old one, which seems like it will make me even more likely to lose my grip on this new one, hence the 1 star deduction.

Also, my husband was sad that there were no interior markings like there are on the 2 cup one. He doesn't like lifting the cup to see if he's reached his desired volume, he likes the interior markings. I don't mind that they're not there, they weren't there on my old one either.
on April 17, 2014
Even though the product picture showed the new pyrex cup, the product description "Cup with Red Graphics" AND the fact that it was $2 more than what appeared to be a comparable cup offered thru Amazon Prime, I ordered this cup hoping that it would be the USA-made version with the "red graphics" and the wider spout. It wasn't! It appears to be the same cup offered for $6.60. Not sure of the difference between the two cups (the one offered for $6.60 and this one). If someone knows the difference please let me know; maybe I wouldn't feel so foolish for ordering the more expensive cup.
on April 19, 2015
This seems a bit wider and shorter than the one I am replacing. If it was more narrow and taller it may be easier to get more accurate measurements. The quality is very high and seems like it will last quite a long time. The glass is very thick and will not be prone to chipping or breaking. The red gradation markings of the off-brand one that I am replacing faded over time, which is why I picked this one. It is worth the additional cost, as the markings on these cups haven't faded in decades, based on the others that I have.
on May 3, 2016
I wanted something with a pour spout for melting butter in the microwave. This fits the bill. Only thing I would add is something to make the handle heat proof, as it sometimes gets a bit hot to handle barehanded, but it's not bad. I would definitely buy again.
on May 8, 2016
I love Pyrex in general and their measuring cups in particular. The writing never fades or wears off, even after dozens of trips through the dishwasher and they handle hot and cold equally well. A classic kitchen utensil for both seasoned and beginner cooks.