Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Pyrex Simply Store 10-Piece Glass Food Storage Set
|Price:||$17.34 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$6.06 (26%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Set includes: (2) each 2-cup Round Dishes, (1) each 4-cup Round Dish, 3-cup Rectangular Dish, and 6-cup Rectangular Dish with Blue Lids
- Made of nonporous glass that won't warp, stain, or absorb odors
- Glass is preheated oven, microwave, fridge, freezer & dishwasher safe
- Lid is BPA free and top-rack dishwasher safe
- Pyrex Glass is Made in the USA and comes with a 2 Year Warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Size: 10 Piece Set | Color: Blue | Package Type: Standard Packaging
From the Manufacturer
Proudly made in the USA!
The Pyrex brand has called the small town of Charleroi, PA, home for more than half a century. The manufacturing plant has employed generations of families throughout the Pyrex brand's proud history.
Pyrex celebrates 100 years. ..
PYREX Easy Grab glassware products feature large handles that give you more grip space and make it easier to transport. This line was designed with particular emphasis on comfort, style, and convenience. The Easy Grab series is even easy to handle with oven mitts. A distinctly American brand—Pyrex glassware is proudly made in the USA, and has been used by generations of cooks and bakers from coast to coast.
- Set Includes: (1) 3 - Quart Oblong with Blue Plastic Lid
- (1) 8" Square Baking Dish with Blue Plastic Lid
- (2) 1 - Cup Storage Dishes with Blue Plastic Lids
- Glass is preheated oven, microwave, fridge, freezer & dishwasher safe.
Oven & Microwave Safe
Glass is preheated oven and microwave safe. Lids are BPA free, microwave & safe.
Easy to Clean & Dishwasher Safe
Pyrex glass is non-porous glass and won’t absorb stains or odors, making for easy cleaning. Lids are dishwasher safe in the top rack.
Glass is fridge and freezer safe, making Pyrex perfect for your food storage needs.
|Pyrex 3 pc Measuring Cup Set||Pyrex 14 pc Simply Store Storage||Pyrex Easy Grab Pie Plate 2 pack, 9.5 inch||Pyrex 100 Year Anniversary Sets||Pyrex 6 pc Value Pack Premium Glass Storage||Pyrex Portable Sets|
|Product Use||Prep||Storage||Baking||Prep, Bake, & Storage||Bake & Storage||Bake, Store, & Transport|
|Made in the USA||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Frustration-Free Package Certified||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Top Customer Reviews
I had been using plastic Gladwear, Ziploc, and Rubbermaid containers, but had several problems with them:
1. Storing tomato sauce and then re-heating it in the container dyed them a weird shade of orange.
2. They are supposed to be microwaveable but I found that after a few months of normal use, they were useless - warped, funny colors, scratched, etc.
3. The plastic scratched easily, creating chanels where bacteria could grow - eww.
4. I've read multiple articles from multiple magazines quoting multiple studies about how microwaving plastics release toxic chemicals into your food.
5. After several months of use, they were beat and had to be recycled - recycling is, of course, better than throwing them in the trash, but the process of recycling creates pollution and not only that, I'd have to go out and buy more, spending more money, which was what I was trying to get away from. Good for the company, because they got more money, bad for me, the customer.
BUT this Pyrex set is GREAT! 7 containers, 7 lids. LOVE IT!!!
1. I can reheat food in the microwave (without the plastic lid) and don't have to worry about chemicals leaking in to my food.
2. They do great in the freezer - we use one of the small ones to hold ground coffee - we buy beans and ground several days worth at once, then pop the grounds in the small container and into the freezer.
3. It's Pyrex, so it's no big deal when my daughter accidently drops one helping me put the dishes away.
4.Read more ›
1. Glass is very tough, seems almost indestructible
2. I like that they are not plastic, so I feel safe about reheating food in them
3. The lids fit well for the first 4 years or so
4. Replacement lids are available at the Corning and Revere Factory Outlet stores
5. These containers fit well into lunch bags so that you family can take your healthy home cooked food to work or school.
6. The containers stack well inside each other for space cramped kitchens
7. You can bake in these and then cool the food (I place the entire container into a roasting pan filled with ice water) put on the lid and slide the pan into the refrigerator.
8. You freeze can food in these containers
1. The lids do stretch and warp over time, I recommend buying extra lids before you need them. My lids lasted approximately 4 years.
Overall, I would recommend these to anyone that likes to cook in quantity and doesn't like to reheat food in plastic. I use these everyday in my kitchen.
The containers work nicely for food storage, but they also can be used for cooking. They go from freezer to oven or microwave, and are dishwasher safe as well. Pyrex is practically unbreakable. With normal use, this set could easily last a lifetime. At the current price, they actually cost less than plastic containers, which do not have either the durability or versatility.
If all that's not enough, consider the health benefits. Glass will not leech plasticiser into your food, and there's no dioxin to worry about when microwaving.
I don't usually rave about kitchen items, but after I recieved this set, I rushed back to order another. I'm getting rid of most of the plastics in my cabinets today!
Then I got the current issue of Consumers Reports last week...they had an article on the safety of pyrex. Apparently it has been breaking and exploding unexpectedly in home kitchens, in some cases causing traumatic injury. It turns out that the "pyrex" name, first of all, was sold by Corningware to two other companies...Corningware left the home glassware business in the late 1990's. I was not aware of this. Then I read about the complaints that have been filed about shattering, cracking, and worst of all, exploding dishes. Why this is happening is fuzzy - some claim that the "pyrex" base glass formula has changed. To me it looks like it - my new pyrex looks like greenish soda-lime glass, not thermal shock resistant yellowish borosilicate glass. But the company making the new pyrex denies this, and of course glass color can be altered....when I dug into the issue generally, what is going on is really unclear.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love my Pyrex bowls. I just wish there were more, the description said 10 piece but that includes the covers :(Published 1 hour ago by mandy
I'm happy to pack my lunch every day with these cute Pyrex containers. The added bonus is that their unique design helps me recognize my own containers from the others that are... Read morePublished 5 hours ago by Linda
The lids can get a little warped, but seem to still hold tightly to the glass. So far I'm liking these much better than their fully plastic brothers.Published 5 hours ago by TylerSut
As I am trying to move away from the use of plastic tupperware, I ordered this glass set and have been very pleased with the strength of the glass and quality of the tops. Read morePublished 6 hours ago by MCDC
Love these, but surprised. Thought 10 piece set meant 10 storage containers, not the case- five pieces plus their topsPublished 8 hours ago by MWC
These are nice and sturdy glass storage containers, but sadly the lids don't last. That said, I'd still choose these over any plastic container (even those listed as "BPA... Read morePublished 10 hours ago by Amazon Customer