5.0 out of 5 stars Well sized and sturdy
These bowls are great. I almost got the set with 4 bowls, but I'm glad I didn't as I think the smallest bowl would have potentially been too small. These bowls are very nicely sized.

Published on February 19, 2010 by Darkenmoon

3.0 out of 5 stars Better for storage than mixing
The quality is fine, the lids fit nicely. My only issue is that these bowls are not ideal for any for of mixing. They are rather shallow (as many others have mentioned).
Published 3 months ago by TW Brown, Author, Editor, and ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Well sized and sturdy, February 19, 2010
This review is from: Pyrex Smart Essentials 6-Piece Mixing Bowl Set (Kitchen)

I like that it is very easy to store these. Simply put the lids on each bowl and next them inside each other. Do make sure they are dry though if you do this as the lids seal extremely well. I've had covered mixing bowls before and they've always sealed like crap. I'm very pleased with how these seal.

These are of course easy to clean. They are easy to use a hand mixer in. They have a variety of very useful sizes for your needs.

I'm very pleased with these items. I don't think I'd recommend putting the lids in the dishwasher in the long term though as I think it could screw up how well the lids seal. The bowls themselves could easily go into the dishwasher though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick, December 24, 2010
This review is from: Pyrex Smart Essentials 6-Piece Mixing Bowl Set (Kitchen)
Lids fit perfectly and its nice to use glass instead of plastic. I am very pleased with this set. The large one is perfect for salad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good set at an attractive price!, August 5, 2013
This review is from: Pyrex Smart Essentials 6-Piece Mixing Bowl Set (Kitchen)
This is exactly what I needed for my main set of mixing bowls - they nest and have great fitting and colorful lids. Plus, they are not too heavy at all, but yet obviously sturdy. And I love the lip around the top edge of the bowls, as they make it easier to carry or lift with pot holders. I use to have the old colored design Pyrex bowls, but they were quite heavy. I currently have sturdy plastic nesting bowls but they have their downfalls. This clear glass set is far superior in so many ways. They don't stain or hold a smell, you can watch what you are cooking w/o taking off the lid, and they are great for using a hand held mixer. And when I use them for storing left overs in the fridge, I will be able to see what is in them! Plus I can use them in the oven as well as the microwave. I imagine I will make A LOT of use of these for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for many uses!, July 12, 2013
This review is from: Pyrex Smart Essentials 6-Piece Mixing Bowl Set (Kitchen)
I use these Pyrex bowls and covers for many uses: they are the best for storage of cooked fruit, vegetables, fish, etc. They are good for uncooked (raw) foods as well, especially left-over items from opened cans of food. The covers help keep the food fresh for future use. One note of caution: each matching cover must be snapped into place all around the bowl's rim in order to maintain an air-tight closure and prevent air from coming in, which can spoil the food. This must be done carefully and checked before placing into the refrigerator or freezer. When removing food from a bowl and then returning it to the refrigerator, the same caution must be exercised in order to maintain the contents' freshness. I had a couple of occasions, that the rim was not completely sealed, and the food spoiled within a few days. I have found that I have saved money, over the plastic, disposable food storage containers. Once they develop an odor of fish, especially, or get oily from the food contents, they are very hard to clean and reuse. That is when they must be disposed of. However, these Pyrex bowls and covers are very hardy, durable and easy to clean. They are long-lasting for years. They also make great gifts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pyrex bowls, December 18, 2011
This review is from: Pyrex Smart Essentials 6-Piece Mixing Bowl Set (Kitchen)
These bowls work well...no drips or spills. They stack nicely for storing. I don't really like the shape, though. They have a rim that you can't really see on the computer screen. If they had a better shape I would give them 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful set to have, October 9, 2013
David Minehart (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pyrex Smart Essentials 6-Piece Mixing Bowl Set (Kitchen)
Good range of sizes, with lids that prove useful for leftover storage. Lips on bowls are a mixed blessing: in some situations, I prefer a indentation for use in pouring rather than a solid lip all the way around. The lips is handy, however, for picking it up with wet, slippery hands. Plus providing something for the lid to grasp. Good value here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it!, February 23, 2013
This review is from: Pyrex Smart Essentials 6-Piece Mixing Bowl Set (Kitchen)
I was looking at the 8 piece set for this item when I read a review that mentioned that the largest bowl is quite large. I got to looking at what I had at home, their sizes and realized that I did not want nor need a bowl that large. I opted for the 6 piece set instead of the 8 piece set. I am glad that I went with the smaller set; it meets my needs. I am happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pyrex Glass Bowls, January 2, 2013
This review is from: Pyrex Smart Essentials 6-Piece Mixing Bowl Set (Kitchen)
PYREX DID NOT DISAPPOINT! Quality we've come to expect from Pyrex is still here. Nice thick glass, no flaws. Lids fit snuggly but I don't have to struggle to put them on. Nest well.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THESE, June 1, 2013
This review is from: Pyrex Smart Essentials 6-Piece Mixing Bowl Set (Kitchen)
Lots of research before I purchased this set. Took the advise of another person on here and got the ones with the lids. The lid has a very nice tight fit.

Chris Olsen

5.0 out of 5 stars smaller then I thought, February 11, 2013
This review is from: Pyrex Smart Essentials 6-Piece Mixing Bowl Set (Kitchen)
really nice bowl nice lids that seal in product. I wanted a bigger bowl to make cakes in but this is alittle smaller then I thought I can mix cake but very carefully

Pyrex Smart Essentials 6-Piece Mixing Bowl Set