Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pyrex Smart Essentials 6-Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 6 piece set|Change

on May 10, 2015
Really cool set. I love the price too ($13.99). Even though it says 6 PCS, its actually 3 GLASS bowls and 3 PLASTIC covers (so, total of 6 items). At first when I saw it I though It was 2 sets of those glass mixing bowls. Anyway, the glass seems durable, still I have not used it. Here are the pictures from when I received it in its original box and opened to see...
on February 19, 2010
These bowls are great. I almost got the set with 4 bowls, but I'm glad I didn't as I think the smallest bowl would have potentially been too small. These bowls are very nicely sized.

I like that it is very easy to store these. Simply put the lids on each bowl and next them inside each other. Do make sure they are dry though if you do this as the lids seal extremely well. I've had covered mixing bowls before and they've always sealed like crap. I'm very pleased with how these seal.

These are of course easy to clean. They are easy to use a hand mixer in. They have a variety of very useful sizes for your needs.

I'm very pleased with these items. I don't think I'd recommend putting the lids in the dishwasher in the long term though as I think it could screw up how well the lids seal. The bowls themselves could easily go into the dishwasher though.
33 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2015
Confirmed from Pyrex (World Kitchen) that this is indeed soda lime glass, not borosilicate like the old Pyrex. Soda lime glass has been in the news because it can explode when going from one temperature extreme to the other. My research says that even taking a hot bowl from the microwave and setting it on a counter can be enough to set it off. Wanted to return it, but would have to pay shipping back so after spending almost $15 would only be refunded about $5. So, we'll keep it and just not use it for heating. Bummer, and all in the name of worshipping the bottom line over providing good product.
on April 5, 2016
If you don't already know, pyrex is amazing stuff. Some of the best glass items ever! I ordered these without the lids. I already own a set with the lids and I like those too. I am using these as just mixing bowls instead of storage bowls. I love to use these to mix anything from cake batter to salads to eggs and everything in between. The three different sizes are great. Sometimes you need a smaller bowl, sometimes you need a bigger one. Your needs are pretty well covered with this set. If you don't have a set with lids, I highly recommend getting the lids. I love my set with the lids. They fit great and you don't have to use plastic wrap or tin foil. Plus the bowls and lids clean up great in the dishwasher. I love to cook and do so daily. So these bowls get used A LOT. The quality is so great that they will last you for many years. The glass is hard to break and never stains and food easily comes right off. I love that it's made in the USA! I would definitely recommend these bowls to anyone. Even if you don't cook all the time. When you do cook these will come in handy!
If you found my review helpful, please click the helpful button.
on July 12, 2013
I use these Pyrex bowls and covers for many uses: they are the best for storage of cooked fruit, vegetables, fish, etc. They are good for uncooked (raw) foods as well, especially left-over items from opened cans of food. The covers help keep the food fresh for future use. One note of caution: each matching cover must be snapped into place all around the bowl's rim in order to maintain an air-tight closure and prevent air from coming in, which can spoil the food. This must be done carefully and checked before placing into the refrigerator or freezer. When removing food from a bowl and then returning it to the refrigerator, the same caution must be exercised in order to maintain the contents' freshness. I had a couple of occasions, that the rim was not completely sealed, and the food spoiled within a few days. I have found that I have saved money, over the plastic, disposable food storage containers. Once they develop an odor of fish, especially, or get oily from the food contents, they are very hard to clean and reuse. That is when they must be disposed of. However, these Pyrex bowls and covers are very hardy, durable and easy to clean. They are long-lasting for years. They also make great gifts.
on August 5, 2013
This is exactly what I needed for my main set of mixing bowls - they nest and have great fitting and colorful lids. Plus, they are not too heavy at all, but yet obviously sturdy. And I love the lip around the top edge of the bowls, as they make it easier to carry or lift with pot holders. I use to have the old colored design Pyrex bowls, but they were quite heavy. I currently have sturdy plastic nesting bowls but they have their downfalls. This clear glass set is far superior in so many ways. They don't stain or hold a smell, you can watch what you are cooking w/o taking off the lid, and they are great for using a hand held mixer. And when I use them for storing left overs in the fridge, I will be able to see what is in them! Plus I can use them in the oven as well as the microwave. I imagine I will make A LOT of use of these for years to come.
on December 24, 2010
Lids fit perfectly and its nice to use glass instead of plastic. I am very pleased with this set. The large one is perfect for salad.
on December 18, 2011
These bowls work well...no drips or spills. They stack nicely for storing. I don't really like the shape, though. They have a rim that you can't really see on the computer screen. If they had a better shape I would give them 5 stars.
on October 9, 2013
Good range of sizes, with lids that prove useful for leftover storage. Lips on bowls are a mixed blessing: in some situations, I prefer a indentation for use in pouring rather than a solid lip all the way around. The lips is handy, however, for picking it up with wet, slippery hands. Plus providing something for the lid to grasp. Good value here.
on October 1, 2015
Who doesnt love Pyrex? My family and I have been striving to go plastic free room by room, and we finally made it to the kitchen. Yikes! Mixing bowls were one of the first things that needed to be replaced with something more sustainable. I couldnt decide between stainless steel or glass. I did some research and decided to go for glass instead. Pyrex is THE name in quality glassware so I wanted to see what i could find. I stumbled across this set and knew I needed it. I love the variety of the sizes because they are all very practical. I hate spending money on a set when a few of the pieces are not even practical sizes. The quality is great and despite the fact i accidentally dropped one, it didnt even crack or chip. I usually handwash my mixing bowls but I did try them out in the dishwasher and they came out beautifully.