on September 18, 2012
This was my original review:
I am a 16 year old girl and I have really enjoyed this product, the only problem I have found with it is that the screen is a little temperamental; sometimes you have to try about 10 times to get it to work. Other than that, I love it! It hold all the songs I could want, the sound quality is great, and it has a nice selection of features I was not expecting. You can choose to emphasize the drums, guitar, piano, or many other instruments in the song you are listening to. It also has some games on it and a calculator. The quality of the video was astonishing, far better than I had thought it would be! Fair warning though, the pre-loaded songs, books, dictionary, and games are also in a foreign language, but everything else seems to be English. Also, just know to turn it on press and hold the play/pause key. Like I said, a really good product and would defiantly recommend it! :D

Correction:
About a week after writing this, it died. I'm talking nonfunctional, no hope, frozen screen, broken buttons....dead.

I was very upset when it happened. That was about a year ago and I only just remembered to edit my review. I apologize to anyone who bought it since then.

I really, really, really do.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 5, 2012
After my other touchscreen mp3 player broke (the screen got smashed :() I was on the hunt for a new player. I came to this one, and even though it only had two reviews they were both good, and it was pink, how could I resist lol.

Well I received it today, and so far I am extremely pleased. It looks great, holds all my music, with room to spare, and holds my micro SD card as well. Plays my movies I have loaded on it and has a great picture. Great sound, especially with a good pair of headphones. Easy to use, does just what I need it to do and at a great price. So I would definitely recommend it no question!!!!!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 11, 2012
I have had this in hand now for about 3 days. Firstly some of the advertised features are not included. The FM radio doesn't exist in the device. It has no Hold memory. So if, like me, you use it primarily for Audio Books pausing in the middle of a file and turning off the device doesn't store the last played location. The Device will return to the beginning of the last played file however. The device came with 2 batteries. One inside the device that worked fine and a spare. The spare included in my package was defective and would not accept or retain a charge. The touch screen is a little off putting and takes several strikes to get it to recognize a touch. It does have a Micro SD port, I'm not sure why but it seems to have been installed upside down and cards have to be inserted pins up.

It's advertised as being a 8gb player. After I removed all the pre-installed files I was left with a little over 6gb of free space. I don't know if the OS for the device is taking up the remaining space as I can't see those files, but the end user isn't given a full 8gb of usable storage.

Generally speaking its a good device. It plays all the file formats advertised. Given their not DRM locked. The only other complaint I have about the device is that the instruction booklet that comes with it is for a variant model of this device and the instructions do not correspond with the devices actual functions and menus.

I attempted to contact the manufacturer about the issues with the batter and the instruction booklet, to date I have not received a response from them via email and their web site has no active support functions.

This is a OK device it isn't great and there are better on the market. I recommend choosing one of those.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 16, 2012
I love this thing, its lovely, clear, and has great sound with the right pair of headphones. the only down side I can think of is the screen has to be pressed kind hard and its smaller in person than you think online. but holds a nice charge for hours and I'd recommend it.
on January 29, 2013
It plays music which is good, the photo viewer gets a little screwed up and makes the photos look distorted or corrupt. some photos work, but some don't, and they're all low size jpegs so there's no reason for it, but whatever, I didn't buy it to view photos lol. Don't know how video works with this since the memory on this is rather small to fill with videos.

There's an awful lot of japanese or chinese text on this things, I can't understand it and I hope i'm operating the thing right. I wish it was programmed to have an english format option...also the touch screen is pretty insensitive, in that you really must push hardly down and drag to switch from page to page..

Biggest problem I had was when it decided to shut off and not turn on! like 2 months after buying it, it just stops coming on for a while. Even when charging, nothing. no indication that it's working. I took the battery out, which was difficult, and re-inserted it. that made it come back on, but ever since, it's been on/off broke or working. I wish I would have bought something more stable, more mainstream, but the price is what attracted me to this. It's alright, but I advise anyone who wants a long lasting and easy and easy to operate mp3 player to look elsewhere.
on February 22, 2013
I was a little bit leery of this after seeing some of the comments, but was desperate for a low cost MP3 option for my 6 yr old granddaughter. So far, I am more than pleased with the potential for this player. It DOES come in Chinese, and you have to change the language option to English (in the settings) which was a little challenging, but doable. I have loaded pictures, music and video on it with no trouble at all, plays beautiful HD and the photos are gorgeous. Has a recording feature as well. If we end up changing our opinions I'll post again, but so far this is a winner for my purposes.
on January 18, 2013
I bought this as a gift for my daughter. I couldn't see buying her an ipod or anything that I would regret when she inevitably lost or broke it, so I figured this was a good entry-level device. She loves it, but will soon realize how limited it is.

As a media player, it's pretty decent. I'm used to quirky devices and this definitely falls into that category.

It comes with one simple game and no way to add more. Adding media files is pretty easy, but the interface of the player is clunky.

No way I can tell to remove icons from the "desktop", although you can temporarily move things around (like I said, quirky).

It comes with a few other odd choices of apps like a "search" which doesn't seem to do anything (no network connectivity) and a speaking Chinese-English dictionary.

I found it strange that it came with 2 batteries, especially since one of them wouldn't hold a charge for more than 30 minutes. The other one worked fine though.

For me, the most entertaining factor was the instruction booklet. Translated into very amusing english, the instructions used the maximum number of words to provide the minimum set of instructions.

All in all, my 7 year old daughter likes it and I won't really care when it gets stepped on or left out in the rain.
on November 30, 2012
I was extremely satisfied with this media player. The touch screen works very well, also it's easy to download music, pics,etc. This is the third one I have gotten and a little cheaper than the last piece of crap I purchased from amazon but a very good purchase indeed. I would recommend buying this. :)
on December 18, 2012
The picture quality is exceptional. Easy to use. The only problem I have with the device is once it is playing a movie or music it will not stop sometimes or maybe most of the time.I have to shut it off.That is so minor compared to all this little player has to offer.
on December 10, 2012
Bought for my 5 year old for Christmas. You should check to make sure the LCD works before you give it as a gift.

Ordered PINK but when I opened the box to pre-load music BLACK arrived. Could have been fine with that but when I turned it on to pre-load some music and movies only 1/2 of the LCD lit up. RETURNED.

Second one showed up PINK as expected. LCD works fine. Synch to computer works fine.

As others have noted, The touch screen isn't very sensitive, often requiring multiple taps to activate. And I was also a little surprised to not see a more functional music player (shuffle, playlist, etc...).

But then I remind myself of 2 things. First, when I was 5 I had a record player that played 45's, followed by a mono cassette player. I think my daughter will be fine. Second, at some point, either she or her 3-year old brother is going to destroy this thing through a method both spectacular and unexpected.

--UPDATE-- 4/11/2013
Still going strong with moderate use (weekends & waiting at gymnastics...). Has been used primarily for movies and the resolution/lighting as remained excellent. All of the controls were picked up by my daughter in a matter of days and she like to explore the other default programs that were there (e.g. audio recorder).

--UPDATE-- 9/28/2013
The USB/power connector finally broke. The little plastic piece inside the connector snapped off. Should have probably gotten a 3" 90-degree sacrificial usb cable and taped it onto the side of the unit at the first sign of trouble. The 3.5mm audio jack also stopped working a few months ago, so speaker only. AND one of the 2 batteries swelled up while charging, had to get it out with a knife and pliers. For the money it was a good purchase. Now she's getting a 7" tablet with her piggy-bank money.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations