Security Surveillance System
| Deter theft, know your family is secure, or even monitor your office staff more effectively, with the QS408-803-5 surveillance system, which makes home and business security simple. The system features both CIF and D1 recording options: choose smooth continuous video with a smaller image size or a slower frame rate with a larger image. |
This system includes 8, easy-to-install, weatherproof cameras, each capable of up to 40 feet of night vision and 420 lines of CCD video. Each camera also comes with a 60 foot cable that delivers power to the camera and the video signal to the DVR. The system can also be expanded to allow viewing of up to 8 cameras simultaneously.
Gain peace of mind while you are away by remotely monitoring and managing this surveillance system 24/7 via the internet using a PC or a supported 3G smart phone. Plus you can receive instant email notifications when unusual activity is detected.
420 TV Line Resolution
40 FT Night Vision
500 GB SATA Hard Drive
CIF / D1 Recording Options
Indoor/Outdoor Camera Use
Email Motion Alerts
Connect up to 8 Cameras
|500 GB Hard Drive Size |
Record and store video footage on the pre-installed 500GB SATA A/V hard drive. The amount of footage that you can save on the hard drive before needing to over-write footage will depend on the recording and resolution settings you select during setup. This system can support a hard drive upgrade of up to 1TB SATA hard drive.
|Indoor/Outdoor Cameras |
Eight quality, 420 TV line CCD, weatherproof cameras provide up to 40 feet of night vision. Each camera also comes with a 60 foot video and power cable.
|Remote Monitoring |
Remotely monitor and manage your home or office 24/7 from anywhere around the world via the internet using a Windows PC or a supported 3G Smartphone, including iPhone/iPad, Android, Blackberry OS 5, and Windows Mobile Pro. Enjoy additional peace of mind by receiving instant email alerts with snapshot images when motion is detected, when the hard drive is full, or when and if video loss has occurred.
|Recording Resolution |
Select CIF or D1 recoding depending on your preference. CIF provides real-time recording and smooth video playback [30 frames per second per channel at a playback resolution of 352x240]. While D1 records at a slower frame per second, but allows a larger video image size, which can be useful for the recognition and identification of people and objects [7.5 frames per second per channel at a playback resolution of 704x480].
|Four Recording Modes |
Select from 4 different recording modes:
- Advanced Motion Detection: Advanced motion detection settings help to minimize false alarms. The easy-to-use motion detection set-up screen allows you to mask out certain areas which frequently experience heavy movement in order to avoid false alarms and unnecessary triggers.
- Time-Schedule: Record based on a pre-set schedule that you choose depending on your needs. For example, only at night, only during office hours or only during non-business hours.
- Alarm Sensor Trigger: Only records when the alarm sensor has been triggered. The sensor can be configured to various sensitivities to eliminate non-critical motion triggers. (Alarm sensor not included.)
- Manual: When set to manual, the system can be turned on to record 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or until you manually turn it off.
|H.264 Compression |
H.264 Compression minimizes file size in order to maximize the hard drive's recording time, as well as transfer video for viewing over the internet.
|Three Viewing Modes |
Select from 3 different viewing modes:
- Single Cam: Display 1 camera at a time
- Multi-Cam: Display 2, 4 or 8 cameras at once on a split screen .
- Timed Auto-Sequence: Display a timed-auto sequence, which shows each camera for a few seconds and rotates the view through all cameras one at a time.
|Three Search Options |
Quickly find previously recorded video by searching in one of three ways:
- Time: search video within a specific time frame
- Motion Detection Event: search video by occurrences of motion
- Alarm Triggered Event: search video by items that triggered an alert.
|Convenient Backup |
Backup video files from the surveillance system to a PC, Flash Drive or USB Hard Drive in order to free-up space for new video while retaining important footage.
|Display Resolution |
When watching video live, the display resolution is 704x480. When playing back previously recorded video, the resolution will depend on the recording settings selected during setup.
|Connects to a Monitor |
Display on any TV or 19" or larger PC Monitor (8 BNC output, 1 BNC, 1 VGA output). The system supports multiple VGA resolution settings: 800x600 and 1024x768.
|Navigation Menus |
The user-friendly interface, along with the accompanying mouse and remote control, make moving through the program menus a breeze.
|Multi-Tasking Functionality |
The multi-tasking feature allows up to five functions to occur on the system at one time: record video, watch live video or playback video, while also monitoring and managing the system remotely, and also backing up files.
|Additional Specifications |
- DVR supports RS-485 compliant
- Pan-Tilt-Zoom cameras (not included)
- DVR supports eight channels of audio
- (audio cameras or mics not included)
- DVR Inputs/Outputs:
- Video: 8 BNC inputs /1 BNC, 1 VGA output
- Audio: 8/1 (Mic/cams not included)
- Two USB 2.0 ports for USB mouse and
- USB back-up drive connectivity
- DVR Power Supply: 12V
- DVR Operating Temperature:
FEATURES CAMERAS 8 Weatherproof, 420 TV Line, 40 Ft Night Vision, Color CCD Camera Kits
| ||420 TV Line CCD Resolution |
These CCD cameras capture 420 TV lines of resolution and boast true 1/3" CCD color image sensors. CCD cameras use a higher-density sensor that captures more light, resulting in a sharper image with less noise and better image quality in low-light conditions.
|Feild of Vision |
The cameras are equipped with a 3.6mm lens, which provides a 55°-60º radius of vision.
|40 Ft. Night Vision |
The eight cameras are each equipped with 27 infrared LED lights that can record at a distance of up to 40 feet in the dark.
|Weatherproof Cameras |
Weatherproof cameras are suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
|Additional Specifications |
- Camera Power Supply: 12V
- Camera Operating Temperatures:
- 14°-122°F at 95% humidity
|60 Ft. Cables |
Each camera includes a 60 foot cable so that you will have everything you need for installation.
|Mounting Brackets |
Flexible 3-Axis brackets allow for more precise positioning of the cameras, while guiding the cables directly through the camera brackets to reduce the threat of vandalism to the cameras.
SPECIFICATIONS COMPATIBILITY Works with Windows and Most 3G Smart Phones
|Operating Systems |
Compatible Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (Mac OS not supported)
|Internet Browsers |
Compatible Internet Browsers: Internet Explorer (IE), Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox (with IE Plug-In)
|Mobile Phones |
Remote Monitoring on a Supported 3G Smart Phone - stay in touch on the go! Instantly view live video, one camera at a time on 3G networks. Supported Smart Phones: iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry OS 5, Running Windows Mobile Pro 6.0, 6.1, 6.5 Operating System, Running Symbian Operating System.
SPECIFICATIONS WHAT'S INCLUDED
- 8-Channel H.264 DVR with 500
- Gigabyte Hard Drive (QS408-5)
- (8) Indoor/Outdoor Cameras with
- 3-Axis Brackets (QSDS14273W)
- (8) 60ft BNC Video/Power Cables for flexible installation
- (1) Power Supply and 8-Way Power Splitter for Cameras
- USB Mouse and Remote Control
- Power Cord for DVR
- RJ-45 Ethernet Cable
- BNC to RCA adapter
|Manuals & Software |
- Quick Start Guide
- CD-Rom with Remote Viewing Software and Manuals
- 1-year Q-See Warranty & Lifetime Technical Support
ADDITIONAL INFO SUPPORT Free Lifetime Tech Support from Q-See's Newly Renovated Support System
- Live Chat and Technical resources available at www.Q-See.com
- Toll Free 877-998-3440
- Email: email@example.com
- Business hours: 9am – 5pm PST, Monday through Frida