Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: QBQ! La Pregunta Detras de la Pregunta (Spanish Edition)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 19, 2015
The book starts by stressing the need for more personal accountability and then presents a simple process for asking ourselves questions which will hopefully lead us to make better choices as we work through our day.

The questions take the form, “How (or what) can I do to complete some goal?” For example, “How can I better serve the customer, work with the team, manage my projects, etc.?” By asking these questions, we make ourselves personally accountable. By answering these questions, we become able to make changes for the better within ourselves.

The idea sounds pretty reasonable but is not developed further in any way. I could easily imagine a book that discussed “big picture” topics such as business strategies, organizational roles, team psychology, process improvement, and examples of solid contributions we could make to that bigger picture. Instead, the book’s message and trivial examples steer us away from any real learning and toward personal introspection.

Sadly, this book is simply a series of shallow anecdotes with some lightweight commentary on each. There is no real business information, case studies, or measures of the content’s effectiveness. However, the author does tell us that his question process “seems to work.”

This entire book could have been boiled down to a single one-page article without losing anything. If you're a first-job type young person that hasn't already figured out that maybe you should take work seriously, this book is for you. However, if you're any kind of professional interested in improvement, there isn't anything in this book that you haven't already thought of on your own.

I did notice that the author seems to have little or no substantial business experience. He mentions in his book his days as a young salesman for a training company. In addition, his LinkedIn page lists only five years of work experience as a grain buyer (WTF?). So, rather than being an accomplished businessman with deep insights to offer, the author seems to be a clever salesman who has seized upon something management will buy – a course which directs workers to quit whining. Now, he’s about to sell it to you.

This book is to a college business text as a single gummy bear is to a really good buffet.

Some observations:
- Chapter 36 "Wisdom" is only about a dozen words long.
- Chapter 37 "We Buy Too Many Books" applies to this book.
on November 4, 2015
Great book to read. Small and powerfull
on September 20, 2015
Great book.
on October 19, 2014
Nice reading for all ages
on September 13, 2014
este libro tiene muchas ventas en ingles, no se por que nosotros los de habla hispana no leemos tanto. sera que por eso los americanos nos ganan en los negocios? hay mas millonarios americanos, que hispanos. y este libro te demuestra el por que nosotros fracasamos casi a diario, y tiene que ver con la pregunta que nos hacemos nosotros mismos, oh aquien echarle la culpa de nuestros fracasos. si eres una persona, oh conoses a alguien que se la lleva culpando al jefe, pareja, economia, presidente, oh su estatus social por sus logros no cumplidos, este libro es para ti. es muy pequeno y facil de leer, incluso apuesto que lo lees 2 vaces en un dia.
on December 10, 2012
Great and short read, have made this a new hire requirement for all new employees. If you manage people or own a business read this book!
on April 10, 2007
i really love it this product....

and i tried to implant every day in the company
on August 12, 2005
What makes this book easy and fun to read are the many stories that John Miller uses to illustrate his points.

As a company trainer, I have incorporated the QBQ! message into our Leadership training classes. It was a great addition to our training material and has been instrumental in achieving positive changes with many of our management staff. We also gave copies of the book to each of the 150 managers in our region.

Other positive changes have happened in my personal life from reading this book. I am much more proactive in getting things done and less apt to blame. In addition, my teenage son, after having read the book (with some initial prompting), seems to help out around the house with less complaining! That alone makes it worth the price of the book!

In short- this is a must-have book for any self-help library, professional or personal.
on August 12, 2005
The QBQ is a relevant book for todays professionals.I have been a healthcare professional clinician and manager for over 20 years. I have led many different teams throughout those years mostly in the emergency department. How I wish the QBQ had been written when I first started. John G. Miller has hit the heart of many organizations by capturing his understanding that organizations are made of people and those people hold the organizations success in thier hands. He then encourages the readers by not dismissing the hard issues they face today, but, to instead, learn to embrace new ways of thinking that will propel them to greater success than they knew before. His practical insights have become a tool I use with all my managment teams to challenge our ways of thinking and I also use it as a tool as well as when consulting with other organziations.

One of my employees made the statement "John makes the book fun to read and hard to put down".

I have had experiances where every department seemed to fall back into a "silo" as mentioned in chapter 15 or "protective cocoon" when hard times pressed in upon us. It was one thing to fight the regulatory requirements and competitors but to be fighting each other at the same time was just exhausting. We had become what he describes as the "victim" in chapter 5. The QBQ was the "instrument of choice" to assist us in breaking down those silos by learning to ask the correct questions and confront the negatives we were allowing ourselves to feel and placing us back in charge of our destiny. My management teams love the QBQ and share it with new employees as well. I have given this book a 5 because it truly helps people and organizations move forward.
on June 7, 2004
El esfuerzo personal o no, como leí este libro yo se sentía que abajo me "hablaban con". El autor haría probablemente a profesor de jardín de la infancia excelente, porque solamente hay enseñanza por la repetición consideraba una opción. Me siento que todo el "consejo" se habría podido decir en cerca de 10 páginas o tan.