4.0 out of 5 stars Had to bitch a bit but like it now
Published 19 months ago by wnbresn

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible instructions; poor product
Very poor instructions, Clearly translated from another language into English - and not done well. Earbuds fell out every time I swam, so I could never hear anything. Tried all sorts of things to resolve it, but never succeeded.
Published 9 months ago by Matthew Horstman

4.0 out of 5 stars Had to bitch a bit but like it now, February 28, 2013
This review is from: QQ-Tech® 3rd Gen 4GB Waterproof MP3 Player FM Radio Big LCD Display For Swimming Water Sports (Silver) (Electronics)
Ok purchased this about a month ago to allow me to listen to music while I swim laps.. I find the MP3 player itself is well built but the waterproof ear phones that came with it were horrible. Right from the start they gave horrible sound and after a week they died. I emailed QQ-Tech about this and recieved a reply a few hours later promising to send me a better set..Sure enough a few days later a new set arrived that were completely different than the junk ear phones that came with the player. These were much better built and have great sound and seem like they will last awhile..My other beef with this player is that the little buttons that control it can be a pain to play with.. But all and all with the new earphones I would say this is a great unit

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible instructions; poor product, December 8, 2013
Matthew Horstman (Aso-gun, Kumamoto-ken Japan) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little device, October 2, 2012
I needed something to break the boredom of a 90 minute swim and this MP3 player certainly does the trick. Product came with a user's manual and also a typed page of how to get started. Perfect for the person who doesn't take the time to read manuals. Although after reading the other reviews I think you definately should take the time to read all the material. Super easy to drag and drop songs into player. More tech savvy needed to organize playlists and files etc. But I just load and go. Easily clips to my googles and I put the swimcap over the earphones, tuck the excess chort under google strap. If you do not wear goggles and cap I imagine you can clip it to bathingsuit. The buttons are small, but if you read the manual you can learn where they are and not need to even look to use controls. Be mindful to unplug earphones and let the device dry out BEFORE you recharge it. I think if people took the time to actually read the material they would not have problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little device, October 18, 2012
I am really enjoying this swimming device. After having purchased a radio tuner from another company and having to return it 4 times because of defects, I was happy to find this QQ-Tech as it offers the radio feature and the ,mp3 feature. It is lightweight and easy to use and so far it is working great. The only issue is trying to change volume or track as you are swimming because the controls are small but if you adjust the volume and the settings before starting a workout it is fine. I have recommended this to 2 friends.QQ-Tech® 3rd Gen 4GB Waterproof MP3 Player FM Radio Big LCD Display For Swimming Water Sports (White)

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap product, you get what you pay for -- ineffective, meaningless customer support, April 30, 2012
Had this for about 2 months now. Early on I used it outside the water with my own quality earphones it worked OK. Operation appears to be simple enough for a non-gadget oriented person. Music quality is fair at best -- commensurate with low cost. The waterproof earphones I received were defective, basically unusable for swimming, likely a partially damaged cord which causes intermittent music interruption. Seller response was meaningless since they basically refused to replace the earphones saying that it is a third party item. I do not recommend purchasing this -- spend a bit more money and get a quality product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for as long as it lasted., March 23, 2014
Was hoping it would last more than a year, but water must have wrecked it. Just stopped working one day.

3.0 out of 5 stars How does the strap work?, March 5, 2014
Mary Knopp (ROCHESTER, MN, US) - See all my reviews
I have been looking forward to getting this little mp3 player. I do wateraerobics for an hour a day. The booklet with the device is poorly written and quite confusing. I finally managed to download some songs. Now does anyone know how the strap works? There is a small hole in one end next to the usb port that is labeled as the sling hole..I wear neither cap or goggles so would really like to use the strap

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, January 9, 2014
I've had this thing for about 3 months now. It's a decent little mp3 player/radio. All in all, I would recommend it.

Pros:

- Waterproof (duh)
- Solid feeling metal case
- Charge lasts a reasonable amount of time
- Display is bright & fairly easy to read.
- Has survived multiple drops on tile floor (I'm a klutz).

Cons:

- The included headphones suuuuck. I was worried that the player itself was tinny & shrill, but the new set of phones sound great.

- It occasionally reboots itself (3 times in 3 months).

- Navigating the menu takes a little getting used to, but it's not difficult to figure out.

- I have big man-hands, so the little buttons are sometimes hard to press. I use a fingernail.

- You can't charge and listen at the same time. I understand the need to limit the number of "holes" to help keep the thing waterproof, but it's something that might be a deal-breaker for some people.

- The display blinks when its charging, and its bright. Stick it in a drawer or throw a sock over it.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY - This is a complete waste of money., December 11, 2013
crap. volume up button doesn't work. headphones are too long and short out constantly. manual is useless and of course they won't allow you to send the device back.

2.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working properly, October 28, 2013
Wasn`t very pleased with the endurance of the gadget. Bought two in a row, for me and for a friend. Mine started to showing problems when trying to reproduce music that was playing a week before. My friends' just stopped working all over.

The grip from the phones didn't quite made it... this was my first underwater listening device and my overall impressions were not very good. Don't know if this goes for all the sector or was just for this device.

Rate and Discover Movies