5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable
Honestly, it's difficult for me to being a thought process on the sheer godliness of this speaker.

Published on September 23, 2010 by A. Muri

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, not the best build quality
Published on August 19, 2012 by zone

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable, September 23, 2010
This review is from: QSC K12 2-Way Powered Speaker - 1000 Watts, 1x12" (Electronics)

Well, heres a start. My bluegrass band recently bought two of these bad larrys, and they are unmatched in quality by anything (except this one stage setup that was all analog and hand made by a sound-man at Podunk Bluegrass Festival). These speakers put out 1000 watts each, and thats the truth. This power gives you the most head room to eq all you need to without compromising clarity at high output levels. We run a banjo, guitar, mandolin, fiddle, and upright bass through them and its as if there are 16 constant directivity horns absolutely putting an arena in its place.

The 12's have a very very solid amount of bass, we were deciding on whether or not to get these or the 10's and get the KSUB one day. The 12's are more then enough (but maybe one day the icing on the cake will be one of those KSUBS). I would recommend these speakers from the bottom of my heart. Their build quality is rock solid. Their sound quality is ridiculously precise and clear. Their output is higher than 4 or 5 average pa speakers. Yes they are pricy, but if you actually want to get something that you will /not/ need to upgrade, bingo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing bundle of power!, May 28, 2011
This speaker is lightweight and sounds amazing. The plastic scared me at first but already ending my second year of almost weekly use and they still look great. I live in Northern MN and the cold doesn't affect the plastic. Keep in mind i baby my gear because i want to get many years of use out of them but well worth the money. I went with QSC over JBL because of the 6 year warranty they offer on there speaker lines. I have 4 pairs of speakers and still no problems. We do push them pretty hard most of the time too.

The K12 is the replacement to the HPR 122 and it sounds better, is just as loud and is about half the weight. I would highly recommend getting the padded bag to protect your speaker. The bag has shown minor wear from being slid across the truck bed, something i never do but sometimes the guys that work for me aren't as respectful. I'll be buying the K8 soon to use for outdoor wedding ceremonies. The only thing i don't like about this speaker is the lack of handles on both sides, it would have been easy enough to put handles on both sides.

On a side note i don't like length of the bags carrying straps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Powered Speaker on the Market for its Size!!!, April 3, 2014
Being a mobile DJ for 26 years and having used several sets of passive speakers in that time, I wanted to make sure I did my “homework” before I made the leap into powered speakers. My criteria for the powered speakers was that they:

- needed to be under 45 lbs.
- have enough power to do a mid-to-large event
- sound good when cranked up
- have the features I needed (flexible inputs, daisy chaining, etc.).
- have a good reputation (quality and warranty)

After compiling a list of prospective models, I took a weekend and listened to the models side-by-side (luckily, my local Guitar Center had just about all of them on display for me to test). For each speaker comparison, I:

- set all EQ to flat in the source, mixer, and on the speaker itself.
- made sure the level was compensated so that the loudness (DB output) to my ears would be the same when I switched between the speakers.
- positioned myself in the same position and distance from each speaker
- played the same source material in each (and varied the source material as necessary to get a balanced feel for what the speaker could do).
- played the speakers at varying volume levels

I tried all the top brands and models: Mackie SRM450v2, EV (SXA100+, EV ELX112P), JBL (EON515XT, PRX612M), Yamaha (MS400, DXR12), Behringer (VP1220D, B112D, B912Neo), QSC K12, and Peavey Impulse 12D.

During the testing, for any two given speakers, I would pick a “better sounding” speaker and use that speaker in my next comparison. After I reached the QSC K12 in my testing, I liked the sound so much that I used that as my “reference” speaker from that point on and went back and compared it against all of the speakers I was testing. It was after this extensive exercise that I determined that the QSC K12, hands down, was the winner (it was also the most expensive, but I wanted to find the best).

The reasons I chose the QSC K12:
- The sound was the most balanced and natural sounding of any PA speaker I have heard (powered or not). At mid-to-high volumes, most Pro sound speakers have a tendency to overemphasize the high-end and upper midrange frequencies, which are the precisely the ones that cause “ear fatigue” when you are exposed to them for any length of time. On the K12s, you can particularly note the difference when playing Jazz and Big Band music (for example, Frank Sinatra’s vocals had more of a “megaphone/honky” quality to it on the other speakers).
- The bass was clean and tight, especially when enabling the “deep” switch setting on back. No other speakers (with the exception of the Yamaha MS400) could match its bass response at any volume in this mode.
- It was made in the USA and backed up with a 6 year warranty

A few weeks after I bought the K12s, I decided to put them to a test at my next DJ event (a mid-size wedding of 175 people) that was held in a converted airplane hangar. As you can imagine, the environment was not well-suited for acoustics (30 foot ceiling, cement floor, glass on the entire back wall). However, these speakers turned out to be ideal in such a “live” environment. Because of their natural sound, they did not generate the ”ear fatigue” that would normally occur with other speakers in this setting. They were also slightly less prone to feedback than what I am used to.

Needless to say, I would highly recommend these speakers to anyone who wants the most natural sound from a “turnkey” sound system (i.e., one where you don’t have to contend with separate speakers, amps, equalizers, phase correction, etc.).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, May 6, 2013
I'm a mobile dj and a certified audio engineer so I take how I sound at every event very seriously. If your only interested in sounding like a club with nothing but a lot of distorted bass and just want something to get you by then maybe you should consider something else, there are other brands that can do that. My other system is a pair of Pyle Pro's and I got what I paid for. I was on a tight budget and did the best with what I could until I afford and save for something else. Seriously, this is an excellent quality product and I have many years working in audio experience. I suggest if your considering the K12's, go to a distributor and ask for a demo and test for yourself. Have a comparison of Mackies, Alto's, JBL or whatever they have to compare and then listen to the K12's. I could not believe the difference and was sold on QSC, I recently bought a pair and do not regret it. No issues with dropping out, overheating or rattles as other reviews said. Let me point out the K12's are NOT a subwoofer so don't treat them or expect them to act as one. They DO deliver a full range including some great bass even at lower volumes and if used correctly with a sub they blow other systems I have heard away. Are they cheap priced? No, but your getting a piece of equipment that not only sounds awesome it offers a wide variety of features that other brands don't and most of all my client's are happy. I don't miss lifting my huge boxes and amp's around and breaking my back compared to these, setup is now faster, easier and less stress plus I am proud of my investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an amazing speaker, October 29, 2011
I had to DJ and event last night and borrowed 2 of these speakers. These are very powerful and are insane. I was playing all 90's house/dance/hip-hop stuff and the low end sound is perfect. I also had setup its little brother the K8 as a sub under the table. On top of that every thursday night for open mic we use a set of K10. These speakers are the best. There not heavy. The k10/k8 are very light also and there more then enough for any event. You can daisy chain as many of these together as you want! I will be buying my own pair brand new. The pair i used last night showed heavy signs of usage but no issues what so ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful!!!, June 9, 2011
Just getting into DJaying and this is definitely a step up from a $300 PAIR I was using! All the sound I need and very portable. DJ proms, HS dances, birthdayd parties and sm-med get to togethers.

5.0 out of 5 stars QSC K12's are incredible as monitors!, August 12, 2011
I play in a classic rock band, and my bass player and I each use a K12 for a floor wedge monitor. With the exception of a Meyer sound system that we've hired out for in the past, I've never had a better monitor... plenty of headroom too. I never have an issue hearing myself. We run QSC KW153's for FOH, with a DBX Driverack PX for EQ and feedback filtering. Awesome compact system! I couldn't be more pleased!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, not the best build quality, August 19, 2012
bought these to replace my Mackie SRM450s (the original not the V2). Was looking for something a bit lighter. The sound quality on the K12 is nice, and they look really sharp, plus they are about 10 pounds lighter. However the first thing I noticed was they red line so easily. As a mobile DJ I find myself constantly watching the speakers for the limit light, with is effecting my performance. These speakers hit the limit faster and easier than any other speaker I've ever used. Really frustrating, and I've been a full time mobile DJ for the past 12 years. Second, I notice a buzz at certain frequencies. Sometimes it's at the speaker pole mount, but recently it was actually the grill vibrating. I had to push on the grill during the bride's first dance to stop the buzzing. Pretty embarrassing, especially since I just bought these in May. Today I took off the grill and had to replace the foam with weather stripping. The foam strip was already all deteriorated. And the paint is bubbling on one of them and it's never even gotten wet, plus I put them in the tote bags as well. I just think I should be having these issues with brand new speakers, esp at this price point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wahoo!, October 15, 2013
Bought these for our church and they are awesome!! Sound quality is incredible. I am highly impressed with the low or bass response. Very glad we got these.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than I antisipated, January 14, 2014
Well I receive my K 12s today and could not believe the clarity and sound coming out of these speakers. I was thoroughly impressed with the K 12s. I have used JBL PRX615s and these blow them away with clarity and sound. I would very highly recommend these speakers to anyone looking for a great sound. I am a DJ and I think my clients will be very impressed. Can't wait to use these speakers this weekend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›