Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ready America 3000 The Survival Box
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on December 9, 2008
Like the previous reviewer, I was looking for a simple kit with food and water that had a long shelf life. I have been compiling a more comprehensive home-based emergency kit for years now for my family of five, but I wanted something that we could store in the garage to grab and go if needed. This fits the bill. It's good to know that each family member has an individual kit.

There are endless possibilities and situations that you can assemble an emergency pack for, but this is a good basic kit for a good price.
on May 10, 2010
I just recieved this to upgrade my car kit. The box was damaged in transit, which I didn't think was going to be a problem, but when I opened it up, I discovered that one of the water pouches was empty (due to the shipping damage?). Then I discovered that the empty pouch was the only one with an extended expiration date: the other 5 pounchs all expired 3/2010. I have returned it for replacement; I'll have to see if the replacement is in better condition.
22 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2009
This is a nice basic kit, with all the basics you need for a few days. I gave these as gifts to family and friends to promote awareness of being prepared. Only problem was that one of the water containers was broke and had leaked.
on August 26, 2011
Contents:
2 x "Space" blanket
6 x 4.225 fl oz water packets
2 x 2400 calorie food ration

I ordered this kit based on the information provided on Amazon. Though the price and shipping (Amazon Prime eligible) were attractive, I am disappointed at the lack of information relative to the contents of the survival kit. The description provides for a "basic life supplies" and I feel the contents in this package yield just that - supplies to

First, the food and water included were manufactured earlier this year (2011) and good till 2016. Second, the packet includes a vacuum-sealed package of survival food containing 2400 calories. The packet contains six food bars, each providing 400 calories. At 800 calories a day, that's basic survival for three days. Lastly, the package only contains six 4.225 fl oz packets of water. That's a little more than 8 fl oz of water per day. Now the instructions on the water packets suggest consuming four 4.225 fl oz packets per day. However, the package doesn't include enough water packets to follow the recommended consumption guidelines. Considering that an average adult can loose 80 fl oz of water per day, I don't think 8 fl oz per day isn't enough to replenish this, especially on a hot summer day or dry winter night.

Why 2 stars? I would have given this item three or more stars if the description listed the daily ration of water and food, if package contained double the quantity, or if the description was changed to reflect survival for 1-2 days at a maximum. Having said that, I think the contents of this packet are sufficient for survival but future purchasers should order two packages per person to have sufficient rations to last three days.
on July 23, 2010
The bar is a 2400 cal bar. So not sure if that is really enough for 3 days. I think you can build this for about the same price or cheaper but get a 3600 cal Mainstay bar. The box isn't really the best either. Just regular cardboard. I would recommend you build a "survival" kit yourself instead of buying this.
on February 15, 2010
This box contains a few basic essentials that can be added to a full emergency kit.

The expiration date on the food/water I received was a full 4+ years from now in 11/2014.
on December 30, 2009
We bought 6 of these kits to have on hand. The price is right, and they are a great learning tool for the kids, as we prepare our home for emergencies. These kits are not elaborate but they are portable. For long-term, you would either need more kits or supplemental ready-to-eat foods and additional water, but if you need something to grab and go, these are great.
on July 19, 2012
I ordered 2 of these kits for my wife's vehicle and they are exactly what I was looking for. Each kit comes with (6)Six pouches filled with water, (1)One 2400 calorie meal bar(that is vacuumed sealed), and a mylar blanket. Expiration date on both kits showing January 2017(This review was made in July 2012)

The meal bar is a Datrex 2400F bar, the overall approximate size is 4" wide, 2" thick, and 3" high. It is packaged in a very sturdy mylar bag that is vacuum sealed. This meal bar contains 12 smaller bars/rations(200 calories each) that are to be consumed every 6 hours (Giving you 800 calories a day)and has enough to supply one person for 3 days.

Overall, its a good kit with the basics... For the price, I plan on ordering a few more in the near future.
on October 19, 2011
Like other reviwers have mentioned, our kit came with only water and food but NO blanket. The water and food does have a long expiration date (8/2016) though. Even though the blanket is rather cheap (< $1), I am surpised at the lack of QA on the packaging. It would be a problem if people are depending on it during an emergency (that's why we buy these kits?)
on September 19, 2011
If you're just starting gathering resources for a survival kit/bugout bag this is a great item. It includes 6 packets of water, 6 food bars, and a thermal blanket. All base items you'll want with you. The single box makes it a good value buy to get all the items together. Get one of these per person to start your kit with and then addon from there.

If you're not planning on building your own bugout/survival kit then this otherone they sell is an excellent starter.
Quakehold! 70280 Grab-'n-Go Emergency Kit, 2-Person, 3-Day Backpack