Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Quaker Chewy Granola Bar, Chocolate Chip, Snack Bars, 8 Bars Per Box (Pack of 12 Boxes)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 13, 2009
I buy this product on the subscription program and send it to my daughter out of state. Typical teenager periodically runs out of money before payday and it makes me feel better as a parent that while I won't just send her money - she at least has food at hand when needed. And these granola bars fit the bill.

The chocolate chip are the best. I've ordered three times now over the past 10 months and every bar right down to the 12th box has been soft and chewy. That 12th box has come at the 3-4 month mark at times. SO, if you are concerned about the shelf life - at three different times these have easily lasted past 3 months.
VINE VOICEon September 17, 2009
I'm not a big fan of the new type of Quaker Oats granola bar; lot's of barley/rice filler material, not many oats. However, the chocolate chip is the best tasting in my opinion- well, maybe it ties with the peanut butter chocolate chunk. There are enough chocolate chips in the bar to give the moist fattiness that we all desire, yet the chocolate chips are small enough such that you don't feel too guilty eating them. Maybe that's a bad thing, because it encourages you to reach for another.

The granola bars seem a bit smaller than I remember, but there's plenty of flavor packed inside. These aren't too healthy; still a lot of corn syrup (though no "high" fructose corn syrup as they stress), fructose, dextrose, hydrogenated oils, etc.. Not intended to be a meal replacement bar (unless you ate the whole box), but they're a tasty, traditional snack.
on November 1, 2014
Great snack for the kids. Easy to put in a backpack. Everyone loves them.
on September 14, 2014
Definitely a good snack. We're addicted to these (and the peanut butter ones!). Tasty, no high fructose corn syrup, and pretty low on the calories for a snack.
on January 18, 2014
These are healthy, great tasting bars that are good for you. You really get a lot of bars for the price
on January 4, 2014
I get sick of snacks very easily but these, I have never gotten sick of. They are just the right amount of chewiness and softness and the chocolate flavor is always good. The little chocolate chips fall out when you are eating them in your car though, which often left me with little melted chocolate spots in places, so be careful. But they are very handy and the perfect size. These are much better than any of the other flavors including the peanut butter chip or the chocolate chunk, which have more of a bitter flavor for some reason.

I don't love the new packaging which is softer wrappers, it seems, which makes the bar seem softer to me, but I"m sure it's just me being picky. I used to order these by the case from Amazon as handy snacks.
on November 24, 2013
It's hard to know what to say other than that I love it. I often carry them in my pocket.
on November 13, 2013
These are great for lunches or snacking on. I got them for our kids lunches. The price was a great price considering we pay almost $4 for a box at our supermarket here in our little town.
on November 4, 2013
These are a good, fairly nutritious lunch treat or snack when my boys are hungry. When bought on the Subscribe and Save program, the price for these is actually somewhat better than the supermarket price. Note that the chocolate chips raise the fat content of these bars, and are the reason they aren't cholesterol free. They do have good flavor, and are not very hard, but have a nice chewy consistency.
on October 30, 2013
A great tasting treat for morning, afternoon and dinner. It is delicious! I'm sure it is the chocolate chips that adds great value to this treat. You can't just simply read my review, just buy it and try it for yourself!

I'm sure there is quite bit of unhealthiness in eating this, so limit your consumption to a maximum of 3 per day. You probably won't just like me though! Way too good to limit.

See 1 answered question