5.0 out of 5 stars Weight loss aide
Published on January 17, 2011 by John H. Macdonald

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but lacking in the things I was hoping for.
Published 5 months ago by Evan Koehn

5.0 out of 5 stars Weight loss aide, January 17, 2011
This review is from: Quaker Instant Oatmeal Raisin, Date & Walnut, 1.3 oz., Packs, 10-Count Boxes (Pack of 4) (Grocery)
I am trying to take off a few pounds, and have started to keep a food log, which requires that I have know how many calories are in each meal and plan my meals in advance. One of my standbys for breakfast is Quaker Instant Oatmeal, which I eat five mornings a week. Breakfast consists of two packets of Quaker Instant Oatmeal, which is 320 calories and a good percentage of my carb intake for the day. Add a little soy milk and some real maple syrup, and this keeps me satisfied until lunchtime at about 400 calories. The oatmeal is has a benefit to cholesterol management, as well providing some carbs for fuel for the morning. I've tried several brands, and the Quaker has always had a more substantial "feel" to it, sort of like "real" oatmeal. The budget brands have always had a tendency to "clump up" onme, for some reason. I don't just recommend it, I like the stuff!

If you are trying to lower your cholesterol, be sure to also check out the high fiber version: Quaker Oatmeal Instant Oatmeal High Fiber Maple & Brown Sugar 12.6 Oz - 12 Pack. Try two envelopes a day, and you will see the results within a month.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostagia Delivered to Your Doorstep, May 19, 2011
I went through a spree of buying some pantry items off Amazon, and out of all of them, these boxes of quaker oatmeal were the best. Open two packs, put a little milk in to taste, and microwave for two minutes; you now go yourself a hot breakfast that tastes great. My Dad and I used to eat this camping all the time, and it really brings me back to those days. I highly recommend you buy this for not only the convenience of online shopping, but for the great flavor of rolled oats, raisins, and dates!

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY GOOD, May 14, 2012
I purchased these at approx $2.50 per box_a great price with free s/h. I sent these to my senior parents house during the cold months- oatmeal is good to naturally lower cholesterol. has fruit with the raisin and dates. extra protien and healthy oils with the walnuts_ and the blend of all those items makes for a wonderful bowl of hot cereal_ it's the closest you will probably get to a healthy raisin/walnut/oatmeal cookie- in regards to this products taste. my almost 80 year old parents enjoy it very much and it was ez for them to make and clean up. added benefit of lowering cholesterol (when eaten regularly), and great source of fiber for healthy bowel movements. it's shelf stabile, long shelf life, good for emergency preparedness kits, college kids that have something to boil water with and a bowl and spoon- will probably appreciate the quick, healthy, tasty breakfast_ but can be eaten any time of day of course. so if you can get it here for less than you can get it at the store (or even same price as store)- i would order extra- you don't have to go out to get it. it's delivered to your door. it's always good to have extra food in the pantry. another food that's good to donate to food banks, food drives.
i would have ordered the sugar-free apple-cinnamon from here but it was too expensive_ i found it for $10 for 4 boxes at meijer dot com_ so it's good to compare.

it's a good idea to send food to your senior parents or disabled friends and relatives_ incase they can't get out by themselves, don't drive, can't carry much. i send assorted varieties of canned and boxed foods to my older parents during winter months- incase of storms and they can't get out. or if their aches and pains prevent them from going out. or incase they're sick and can't get out. it makes me feel better knowing i can have a variety of food stuffs delivered to their front door- and their pantry will be stocked up.
so if you're not ordering for yourself- think if there might be someone else you can help out.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack food, March 2, 2010
Okay,...they must put crack in this because I absolutely can't stop eating it. Sometimes, I have it three meals a day. It's only 140 calories a package and has lots of healthy reasons to eat it. I get it delivered through subscribe and save to save money and make sure I always have it on hand. YUM

5.0 out of 5 stars My new fave!, March 2, 2011
This is a super satisfying flavor! To me it is like eating a dessert. I have made it a part of my daily diet, and it has helped me keep off 70 pounds of weight loss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy!, December 16, 2010
I've never seen this flavor of Quaker Oatmeal before. Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough here in Albuquerque. But it is my new favorite! Absolutely delicious and filling!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tasting Oatmeal, February 4, 2014
This oatmeal is a great value and is ready in a snap. I really like the fact that it's only very lightly sweetened. It has a nice assortment of raisins, dates, and walnut pieces which are very tasty. You get forty packets which make forty small bowls or twenty good sized bowls of oatmeal. It tastes great with hot water or even better with hot milk. To make it even more like homemade just add a bit of butter and let it melt into the oatmeal. It's a great value at under ten dollars for four boxes with ten oatmeal packets in each box. Will be buying this again in the future!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but lacking in the things I was hoping for., February 4, 2014
Today, I got my Subscribe and Save shipment of this oatmeal. It is good oatmeal, but I am mostly through my bowl and realizing that there were raisins to be found but dates and walnuts were nearly absent. I really hope that the other packets in this box have a little more otherwise this is just oatmeal with raisin which I could easily just make on my own for less. I realize that adding walnuts and dates would drive up production costs, but if it's listed prominently on the box, it should be fairly well represented. I've always wholeheartedly enjoyed other Quaker oatmeal packets, so I'd still say to give it a try, but maybe just pick up a smaller quantity first. Maybe my batch (unfortunately) is an anomaly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Old stale smell, December 12, 2013
For some reason,the product i receive from Amazon,has a very bad taste(as if the dried nuts in the package are too old),kinda smelly too.

Better off buying it from local grocery

5.0 out of 5 stars A Morning Staple - Fave Flavor of All Time, March 10, 2013
This Raisin Date & Walnut, plus the Raisins & Spice, are our 2 fave Quaker oatmeal. We have one of the 2 every morning without fail. It's heart healthy, dee-lish, and warm 'n yummy! We add extra raisins and cranberries to both. Mmmmmmmm-MMM!! Sooooooo good! Subscribe & Save is competitive with Target sales; we buy from both. Not sure why the Quakers have a corner on oatmeal, but we love what they do with it. Happy! ;oD

Rate and Discover Movies