Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Quaker Steel Cut Oats 24 oz (4 pack)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Price:$33.96+ $7.99 shipping

on September 1, 2010
I grew up on various hot cereal products and frankly, I loved almost all of them. My wife however, didn't like ANY of them. One day as we sat in the restaurant of a nice bay area hotel, she ordered 'steel cut oatmeal' for her breakfast... and I joined her. She loved it.

I found Quaker's Steel Cut Oatmeal hard to find...but definitely worth it! Thank goodness for Amazon... the Sears Catalogue of this century!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 23, 2012
I've eaten both the Quaker Steel Cut Oats and the McCann's Irish Cut Oats. Of the two I think the McCANN'S Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal, 28-Ounce Tins (Pack of 4) has a bit better flavor. The McCann's brand seems to taste nuttier.

As to the Quaker Steel Cut Oats: Not bad for something you can easily buy in most grocery stores. The cooked oatmeal is not mushy or pasty but has a bit of texture. Also, I had no problems with "rocks" as the oatmeal cooked up tender but a bit chewy.

Recommend with caveats given.
on September 14, 2011
Great product, very nutritious and healthy. I have it at least 4 times a week and love to add raisins to it to make it better!
on February 26, 2013
I've started to move to steel cut oats from standard Quaker oatmeal. I've tried 3 different brands so far including McCann's. I have a certain amount of attraction to Quaker's steel cut oats. In a sense I agree with the one star that said they tasted like rocks, because they are the most chewy oats out there. They're in a class of their own, probably twice as chewy as McCann's, even with extra water. So, if you like the chewiness of steel cut oats, this is your brand. If you find McCann's just right, this will probably be over the top for you.

Fix it how you like, I personally recommend raisins, brown sugar, and cinnamon, mixed with hot water straight from the kettle in a large bowl, then microwaved for 90 seconds. It boils for most of that, and still remains quite chewy, and quite good.
on February 6, 2012
I love this oatmeal. I cook up a big batch and warm it up daily for breakfast or even a mid-afternoon snack. I put one tablespoon of butter in a pan and add one cup of oats. Over medium heat, I stir the oats until I can begin to smell them then I add 3 cups of water and one cup of 1% milk with 1/2 tsp of kosher salt and then cook on low (covered) for 30 minutes,stirring occasionally. When I get my serving, I add brown sugar and fresh blueberries and then nuke it in the microwave for one minute. Usually I can't eat oatmeal because it aggravates my IBS but the steel cut oats have actually helped me out a lot! They taste wonderful and have a very pleasant chewy texture.
on June 13, 2012
I have tried several brands of steel cut oats, and Quaker is definitely the best. We recently moved to a new city, and I have been unable to find this product at any store here. I'm glad I'm able to order it because it is superior to the other brands on the market.
on September 29, 2012
I love this product and would definitely buy it again. Other steel cuts I find get rather mushy when I cook them in the crock pot. Not Quaker. It's creamy and nutty, love it love it love it!
on February 21, 2013
I tried steel cut oatmeal for the 1st time the other day from Panera Bread and it was so delicious. I made a ooh aah delicious with every bite! So when I saw this in the grocery store as a new item I really wanted to try it. I had previously stayed away from steel cut oatmeal because of the enduring preparation. There is no soaking in the fridge the night before none of that with this product but it does take 25-30 minutes to cook on low. I sprinkled some walnuts and fresh cut strawberries on top. ooh aah so delicious and now I can have it at home for the price that I paid for 1 bowl I have an entire container. The texture is moist chewy/nutty to me; not mushy. This is good healthy stuff! Love it
on December 6, 2011
I reviewed this before - and as I said - I was very happy with it.
I will order again when I run out of these.
on July 30, 2013
I think the people that gave these oats a good review are the people who have not tried McCann's Irish Steel Cut Oats. I think these cook fine, but the main problem I have is finding the shells of the oats inside my oatmeal. It's almost like finding bits of egg shell in your scrambled eggs. This almost makes me lose my appetite... Almost (I make a damn too good bowl of oatmeal to let it go to waste) :P. I bought the small package of this Quaker's, so I'm just going to finish it off and never buy it again. I do enjoy their rolled, but their steel cut oats need work.