Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL

on August 17, 2012
Turns off automatically when connection is lost or paused, even when connected to external power. Also, won't turn on automatically when external power turns on. This all may be fine for other usage patterns, but it is terrible for my goal of automatic reception of music streamed from my phone to a car stereo. I'm trying to reduce buttons pushed and wires connected when I get in the car, but this actually increases the complexity of the process since I have to turn the thing on and then pair the phone with it.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2012
- I was able to sync to this very quickly.
- Better sound than through the audio jack.
- VERY small and light
- Can use the MFB (multi function button) to pause/play music
- Can charge when in use (see below for detail)
- Solid build

- Cord is a bit thin
- Non-standard USB charging adapter

This device is WAY smaller than I thought it would be and the cord is really short which is honestly what I wanted. I adhered velcro to the back and onto the front of my console (see photos) and can now place it in my car with little effort and remove it too.

This sounds way better than using a cord to my AUX jack. I do not have to turn on the stereo that loud to get a great sound, nothing is distorted. There is a very slight noise when nothing is playing but this is most likely due to the bluetooth receiver mechanism that produces some feedback, not an issue at all when things are playing.

I went through a drive thru last night and was able to pause the music while I made my order, then play while I waited. Pretty darn sweet.

You can charge this device while in use, but there is a trick. You have to plug in the charger BEFORE turning on the device otherwise it turns it off. If you plug in the charger then turn on the device it works.

So far I have not had issues with the cord but it is thin so I suggest pulling the device out of your jack via the plug, not the cord.

review image
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2012
This bluetooth stereo receiver does exactly what I expected it would do -- plug in to my car's auxiliary input, pair with my iPhone, and let me run my playlist through my car stereo. It works great. However...

The single disappointment was that it won't play on the car stereo while it is being charged. This means that I've got to bring the dongle in every few days to charge overnight, so that I can use it again for another couple of days. Things would have been so much simpler had it been given the ability to play and charge at the same time in the car like my other gadgets do. I'd never have to unplug it, never have to bring it in to charge it; it would have simply become invisible in my car's armrest and "just worked" -- the way I like it.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2013
While not without its flaws, this bluetooth device does precisely what I want it to -- let me listen to music wirelessly in the car. It is very well designed for this purpose.

I leave it plugged in to a USB power device that sits in the cigarette lighter, and the audio cord goes to my car stereo's AUX input.

To correct a couple of the other reviews, this device DOES work when it is plugged in. That's precisely how I use it every day. I have never unplugged it.

Another review noted frustration that the bluetooth signal terminates if you take the phone too far away from the device. In my opinion, this is actually a helpful design feature, not a bug. When I walk away from my car with my phone, the device simply disconnects from the phone automatically, without me having to do anything.

I advise any purchaser to read the instructions closely for the initial setup, and follow them precisely. I did, and my setup was problem-free.

Since I leave it plugged in all the time, I can't comment on the battery life.

At very high volume levels, I can hear a bit of what I think is power interference. I bet one of those special audio cables like this one -- Kensington Noise Reducing Car Audio AUX Cable for MP3 or SmartPhone -- would help.

The only way that this device could be improved, in my opinion, is if it could turn itself on when the car starts up. That way, I could avoid the only slight annoyance it has, which is that you have to manually turn it on each time before using it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
So I feel like I did an inordinate amount of research before taking the plunge and purchasing the WCI A2DP Bluetooth receiver. Why? There's seemingly no manufacturer out there that makes a totally intuitive product for a reasonable price. In the end I opted for the WCI receiver over the better known Logitech and Belkin products simply because the WCI is cheap enough that I can live with the compromises seemingly inherent to BT audio receivers.

I use the WCI BT audio receiver in my car after deciding I'd had enough with the 3.5mm "auxiliary jack" cables that cluttered my car and inevitably failed after a year or so of use. In practical use this little receiver is pretty good. For starters it comes charged (although not fully) and ready to sync with your mobile device. I paired mine to my Android based phone in about 1 minute. Pairing is as simple as holding the power button (the only button on the device) for a full 10 seconds. Then simply clicking on the device name on your mobile device. Done and done. Within seconds I was blasting my favorite music over my car speakers. I use Double-Twist on my device to manage & play my music but I also tested Spotify, Pandora and the generic Android music player. All worked perfectly.

Audio quality is terrific and on my car speakers (Bose) sounded as good if not better than the audio I was getting from the auxiliary cable. Though again my cable (a Belkin) was failing and starting to distort audio.

There are some issues with this little player though that keep me from rating it higher. First, the batter is advertised at 12hrs. I got nowhere near that. In all I listen to music in my car maybe 1 hour a day. I got exactly 5 days use out of the player on a single full charge.

Second the 3.5mm audio jack cable is very short - about 3". This is somewhat of a problem based on where my auxiliary jack is in my car, deep in the center console. It makes turning on the WCI a huge pain as the device will power off after 2min. of inactivity. Turning on the device takes about 5 seconds of holding the power button on until a microscopic LED flashes blue.

Lastly this device is super, super cheap. It feels like $.13 of the cheapest flimsiest materials imaginable and weighs next to nothing. For a device with a built-in battery I found that somewhat surprising.

In all this device does get the job done and it is one of the cheapest BT audio receivers around so you could definitely do worse. For now I'm satisfied but not quite in love with this product.

UPDATE - 9/24/12: Despite really liking the audio quality from the WCI BT receiver I had to return the device after realizing that it wasn't holding a charge for even 1/4 of the advertised 12hr operating time. I followed all the included instructions including charging for at least 2.5hrs. Buyer beware.
on July 10, 2012
This device works great, though I admit I had trouble at first (my fault). When setting up pairing mode, be sure the blue and red leds flash quickly, not slowly, otherwise, you are not in pairing mode. I thought I was and could not discover the device at first. Another thing, one user mentioned hearing background noise, I do not hear any noise from my unit... I tested it in the office with my computer speakers, both on battery and while charging. I would venture to guess that the user who mentioned background noise probably had the unit charging in the car during use, mobile audio devices typically will make noise when playing audio while charging from a car, the device is not at fault for this. If you would like to charge it while using it and you hear noise, buy a ground loop isolator.
Its a simple wonderful unit, the signal is a nice clear loud line level signal.

This is way better than using the phones headphones out jack, like another user had said. A headphones out jack is the wrong impendance for the aux input in a car stereo, and the music will sound distorted or low volume. The bluetooth receiver is line level out, and is a real improvement over the headphone out jack.
on February 28, 2013
This was our first foray into Bluetooth. It replaced an audio cable in our living room that we often use to connect laptop computers (Win7 64-bit) to our stereo system to stream music. The cable was awkward and short. We purchased an extension cable that proved to be unreliable and shoddy. This device has turned the problem around entirely. Synchronization and operation (with a Kinivo BTD-300 at the other end) has been utterly trouble-free. Audio quality is excellent. Range is excellent. The convenience is wonderful. The size is diminutive. One charge lasts a long time. The fallback to standby works great and further saves battery life. The single control button is very intuitive - short push to turn on and off, longer push for pairing. The bi-color LED provides full status.

This product was done right in every aspect. We love it!
on October 16, 2012
I absolutely love this little gadget. I can use it with my Denon stereo and choose what I want to play off my Amazon cloud files. It was easy to set up and requires minimal charge time.
on September 7, 2012
Love this little thing. When other reviewers said it was small, believe them. It's so small and light, it's hard to believe it does what it does. I use it in a fairly static place - I don't know if it would hold up well to a lot of wear and tear. Mine just sits. Easy to pair, easy to turn on and off. You can use it while plugged in, but when it's not playing music, there is an annoying hum, so I don't take this option. I use this all day long every day in my elementary music classroom strictly from the charge and it never dies - so no biggie. I remove it from the amplification source at the end of the day and plug the charger in and leave it over night (it doesn't need that much time, but it shuts itself off after it's fully charged). It sounds great. I have the same issue another reviewer wrote - the charging tip is proprietary. It would be nice if it was a mini USB connection or something more universal, I said, mine is in a stationary place with the charging plug permanently plugged into a stereo cabinet, so the chances of me losing it or damaging it aren't very probable. Great little unit for the price!
on November 24, 2012
This thing works like a charm with my auto stereo front aux input. The charge lasts for at least 2 weeks at a time for me (I use it about 45 minutes each way to and from work). I use the bluetooth on my android MP3 player to listen to music or audiobooks while commuting to work. It will automatically pair with my player each time I turn it on.

I did notice a 'trick' to getting it to pair without having to go through the whole bluetooth setup on my android. After the initial pairing that I did when I bought it, I turn off my bluetooth from my android first, then turn off the power on the WCI receiver second. When I get back in my car I do the same order, turn on the bluetooth on my android first, then power up the WCI receiver and it will automatically pair in about 5 to 10 seconds.

I also like the 'line in' audio level that it has, the volume is higher than if you just connect the player with a 3.5 mm cable with less distortion

I have had this for at least 6 months and it is still working like new. seems fairly durable.