5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but have a very large tip.
These flat laces with a metal tip are very nice.

However, it ended up that the shoes I wanted to use them in had lace holes too small to get the metal tip through and so I have decided to go with the regular, non-metal tipped laces.

I posted a pic so people could see them and get an idea of how big the tips are compared to a wooden matchstick...
Published on October 2, 2008 by Mr.Fizzlepop

1.0 out of 5 stars Not As Advertised!
What I received did not match the picture. The metal tips were silver in color, cylindrical, long, and bullet shaped at the end. I needed something for casual dress shoes, not infantry boots. Back they went.

>>>>>>>UPDATED<<<<<<<

Published 11 months ago by Hal The Handyman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but have a very large tip., October 2, 2008
Mr.Fizzlepop (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: High Quality Metal-Tip Flat Laces For Boots And Shoes (Apparel)
These flat laces with a metal tip are very nice.

A regular matchstick and a regular toothpick have no problem going through the eyelets of my shoes but these metal tips are about double the size of a toothpick in my estimation.

These are decent priced quality laces that did arrive in a timely manner, the tips were just too big for the shoes I wanted to use them in, and probably most dress shoes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but know the tips are silver, November 18, 2011
I had problems with frayed laces so I gave these a try. They definitely will solve that problem. My only issue is slightly cosmetic as the laces appear to have tips that match the laces color, but what I received had metal silver tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laces, March 3, 2009
Great product, flat laces stay tied! Good price, great shipping! Very satisfied. I do a lot of hunting and hiking.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not As Advertised!, September 30, 2013

>>>>>>>UPDATED<<<<<<<

I advised the manufacturer/seller (at that time, the Feet People) of the snafu and waited for their adjustment response. One week passed, then another week. Soon, over a month went by, and still no response.

I filed a claim through Amazon's A-to-z Guarantee Program and had my full product and shipping refund in less than a week.

Kudos to Amazon. They stand behind their program, and truly make shopping risk free.

_

2.0 out of 5 stars Photos misleading!, May 14, 2012
Eric Law (MA, United States) - See all my reviews
The description says these laces are metal-tipped, and the photos show tips that are the same color as the laces.

The laces I received have metal tips all right, but they're CHROME! Ugly, ugly, ugly. Especially on brown laces where the tip is in such stark contrast to the lace.

They do seem well-made and otherwise are as described but these laces were intended for the shoes I wear to work, and the chrome tips would just look too silly/informal so they're pretty much useless to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks and Feels Solid, April 28, 2012
These laces are perfect for my short boots. The brown matches almost exact, the silver tip adds style, and the length was perfect. I ordered the 63" for my short boots. These laces look much more hardy than the laces they are replacing, which broke in a matter of months.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD LACES, March 20, 2012
NICE METAL TIPS. THESE THINGS LAST FOREVER. THEY ARE VERY DURABLE.LOTS OF COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM. WELL WORTH IT.LOTS OF LENGTHS ALSO.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, nice tips, kind of cheap material., March 17, 2010
John M. Brumit "Shulpae" (Between D.C. and Baltimore) - See all my reviews
One lace tip came off right away. Put it back on and it hasn't come off yet. Lace is kind off cheap, but long enough for military style boots. I keep the original laces with me because it doesn't look strong enough to last over time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice laces, but a tip fell off right away, but..., December 17, 2012
These are nice laces, but:
- the tips are big and may require some serious pushing to get them through the eyelets (which I don't mind, since it helps keep the shoes laced if they become untied)
- the tips are chrome, not lace-colored as depicted
- one of the tips popped off within a day and hasn't been seen since.
Update: Contacted the vendor, and they said they would send me another set pronto--nice!
Another Update: The replacement laces arrived, but they do not have the metal tips that were the reason that I ordered the laces in the first place. Bad job.
The Last Update: They sent new laces with metal tips. Finally, good job!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good laces, Big Metal Aglets, December 8, 2012
G. Tinius "Green Acres" (Northern Virginia Countryside) - See all my reviews
I ordered these to go in my old-style hiking boots, so I was pleased with the substantial silver metal tips (Aglets) which are not shown in the photographs. They would be a problem in shoes with small eyelet holes. Apparently these are made to order, as there was no label or packaging, just tiny rubber bands around them. Service and shipping were very fast.

Bottom line: very good laces for boots and sneakers, not so much for dress shoes. I'm very satisfied, and will order again if needed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›