Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on May 30, 2013
It sort of works, but the connection is so tenuous that the least amount of movement will turn the whole thing off. Given that my monitor's battery does not hold a charge, it means the whole unit turns off and you have to turn it back on. Really irritating. I can't call the thing defective, but it sure is not a quality product.

Edited to add: When you plug it in, you will see sparks. Also the blue indicator light on the unit is way too bright and unnecessary, had to cover it with electrical tape.
44 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2014
Have had it for about 3+ weeks now and so far it's working and charging our monitor battery without issues. The only knock on it is that the pin is longer than the original cable (see pic as you can see it sticks out a little).
review image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon April 8, 2015
I was a little reluctant to buy this after reading the inconsistent reviews, but it was cheap enough that I was willing to give it a shot. It turns out it worked perfectly for my Motorola MBP36. It came with a built-in connect for the monitor and an adapter for the camera. I plugged it into the monitor and it fit without any problems. Based on the complaints regarding it's "fickle" connection I tried moving it around and it didn't have any problem with that. It does have a small blue LED, but it doesn't really bother me. It's nothing a piece of black electrical tape couldn't take care of. Based on the reviews I'm guessing there must be a production quality issue, or some people are getting a different brand or model. All I can say is that mine seems to work just fine.
on July 16, 2015
I bought this to use with my Motorola mpb 33 and it works like a charm! Like other people have said, the blue light on the charger itself is extremely bright in a dark room, but nothing a small piece of electrical tape can't fix. It doesn't fit perfectly into the monitor, but doesn't impact its functioning. And it's certainly better than buying a whole new monitor, since Motorola doesn't make replacement chargers.
on April 7, 2016
0 stars if possible. this works like crud. I needed a replacement for a baby monitor. this wont go in all the way.
I have to wiggle it to get it to start charging. when it starts charging i have to place it down carefully, as if nudged in any direction it will stop charging.
I just tried to return this, and I am past the return time by 2 days!!
on October 26, 2015
Motorola Baby Monitor works like new! I purchased this to replace the battery in our Motorola video baby monitor we purchased about 3 years ago. It would last no more than about 10 minutes off the charger with the screen on. Now, I can run the screen for 45 minutes or more. With the screen off, the audio monitor lasts for hours.

I would quickly recommend this to anyone who feels their monitor doesn't seem to hold a charge like it used to.

Fit perfectly and changed quickly!
on November 20, 2015
Great replacement - easy to install, and my monitor works great again.

After about 2 years, the old battery was only lasting 2 or 3 hours once I took it off charge, so I figured it was time to get a new one - this has really fit the bill and I have no problems with having it off charge between my daughter going to bed and when I do.
on October 11, 2015
My camera monitor was dead to the world and this battery brought it back to life. I have had no issues with how long the battery lasts. I switched the batteries and let it charge overnight without using the monitor. It works just like it did when it was new.
on July 1, 2014
Works perfect! Fits and connects like an original in my MBP36 model! I definitely expect this to last 3+ years as original does!

Note: There is no magic here - just 3 AAA batteries connected together - EXACTLY how the original Motorola battery was designed! Just no Fancy label on the battery!
on March 18, 2015
Positive: Works exactly as it should, better than expected as i was uncertain the battery would fit my baby monitor even though reviews said it would. I contacted Motorola to buy new battery and was directed to Amazon to buy off brand one. I have the 3.5in Motorola baby monitor model number MBP36PU.

Cons: None so far ;)