Quality of Transcend chips? Why do over 12% rate this 1 star? I see a flurry of 1 star ratings for this product in 2008 and 2009. Amazon lumps all the reviews together, so I'm not able to figure out which specific model of Transcend product to avoid.

Is this brand good as of 2010 and 2011?
asked by Tim C on January 31, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
I can only report my own experience: I have at least half a dozon Transcend SDHC cards, used in three different cameras over the past 3 years or so. Never had any failures.
NLee the Engineer answered on June 21, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
And my experience - I've purchased like 5 of them in the last year, 1 of them (8 GB) failed after a few weeks, all pictures/videos lost. So many people complain here the same. They have a big percentage of lemons. If you do buy one of these, be sure to backup the entire card as often as possible - at least on a daily basis, or whenever you take new photos/videos.

I have also been using for so many years Sandisk, and never had a problem with them. They are a bit more expensive, but I guess you get what you pay for.
Good_Person answered on July 10, 2011

A
I would have been one of those reviewers proclaiming using several high capacity transcend cards for the past few years caused me no problems-------until just 3 days ago, when the 16 gb transcend class 6 card suddenly died while I was photographing a family event. When it dies, it dies, all the advice you will read or hear about running recovery software will be of no help to you. It will also disable the camera while it is inserted, will not be recognized in a card reader or by any pc-----you will lose all that is on it permanently. I have been foolish not to heed the advice of the naysayers when I purchased several of these for important occasions to preserve the memories. Whatever was on this card, it's gone forever if I hadn't yet backed it up on the pc.
Grandma of 10 answered on September 19, 2011

A
Memory cards are getting cheap, so you better get a better brand just in case.
Ferris answered on March 6, 2011
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product