Customer Discussions > McCartney (Archive Collection) forum

Quality of newly released songs on McCartney

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 10, 2011 1:46:09 PM PDT
Given some of the crap that is included on the original McCartney album, I shutter to think of what the unreleased songs are lik.

Posted on Jun 12, 2011 8:53:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2011 8:57:03 AM PDT
TomCable says:
Also, why would they put 34 minutes on one disc and then 28 or so on the 2nd disc? All this content could have easily fit on one? Or give me some other content... There's another 80 minutes of space available.. They should have included a DVD audio mix too...

Posted on Jun 13, 2011 5:15:21 PM PDT
The McCartney album is a lo-fi treat , with what might be his greatest song ever.
Maybe I'm Amazed. It's a wonderful for me. I bought it the day it was released.

Posted on Jun 14, 2011 10:07:07 AM PDT
PattyP says:
I know it's not the greatest album Paul ever made, with or without the Beatles, but it has a certain, homespun quality about it and is a sentimental favorite of mine. From what I can hear from the Amazon samples, the remastering sounds really good. So off to the record store I go! I'm getting it today!

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 5:53:48 AM PDT
Where are you guys buying these cd's from? I live in Pittsburgh and i cannot find them anywhere!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2011 9:06:26 AM PDT
I am not buying it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2011 5:06:37 PM PDT
I agree with everything you say but it should be a SACD duel

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2011 5:51:37 PM PDT
TomCable says:
I have many SACDs mostly multichannel... I bought the early Genesis box set in both SACD & DVD... Must be losing my mind... I have the Dark Side Of The Moon on SACD... Simply fantastically Unbelievable! The sound is like the original analog master tape. I also have Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road... The sound is Incredible... I would buy the McCartney release in both SACD & DVD audio if they had released them that way... I didn't mention SACD because I thought that would be like beating a dead horse... But I agree, SACD rules... Other than really clean vinyl, SACD is the BEST audio I've ever heard!...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2011 7:12:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 22, 2011 7:12:43 PM PDT
Once again I agree with you. I think Dark Side was my 1st SACD. The keys behind me opened my eyes to this unfortunately morabound format and you're right vinyl rules. I am in the process of listening to my Zappa vinyl which from WOIIFTM I have 1st day releases that have been kept in NM condition. Should take a while
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Jun 10, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 22, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
McCartney (Archive Collection)
McCartney (Archive Collection) by Paul McCartney (Audio CD - 2011)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (328)