Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Jeremiah Season Two forum

Quality of these discs and of the packaging???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 31 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 1, 2010 1:12:56 PM PST
I keep coming back to this DVD set since I'm a huge fan of JMS, and season 1 was great. But what concerns me is the "DVD on Demand" thing. All the reviews here seem to be from people who haven't actually bought this set yet. So, I was wondering of anyone who actually owns this can comment of the quality and durability of the DVDs. Is it a straight burn, how does it play, and how is the packaging (is it sturdy, or paper-like)???

Thanks.

Posted on Feb 5, 2010 4:11:53 PM PST
C. E. Malone says:
Well, I did place an order as soon as I learned it was coming out on Amazon.
That was back in Dec. of 2009! It is coming soon! A say about a week.
I will post the quality and Art work of this item.
To get an Idea, I would check out other DVD's like this on Amazon By Amazon.

Posted on Feb 6, 2010 6:29:47 PM PST
David Neal says:
I'm eager to hear what you think once you finally receive the discs.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2010 11:08:35 AM PST
belleferret says:
I'm not so sure the product is shipping soon. Last week they told me it was processing, now it's back to indefinite wait. :-(

I also placed my order back in early December when it was first listed. Over 2 months for "manufacture on demand" is ridiculous!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2010 4:51:20 PM PST
C. E. Malone says:
Agreed!, It is a ridiculous wait for this set. "Maybe" I really like this show. For some time now, I would do my monthly/weekly search for any sign's of a release of this DVD set. It has been sometime, Never gave up hope.
I do have a lot of patience, but only for waiting not Monkeying around.
It Looks like someone maybe doing that! I'm going to look into this.

With out going in to a lot of detail and personal information, He is my time line

Posted on Feb 8, 2010 4:54:49 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 9, 2010 7:58:19 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2010 6:50:55 PM PST
belleferret says:
I too saw the price at $31.99 earlier today. It's now back up to $35.99. Boy that price sure jumps around a lot!

Note the low price guarantee says: "Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the end of the day of the release date."

That means we shouldn't be charged more than $29.99 if you did indeed see that price listed!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2010 3:19:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 9, 2010 3:21:18 AM PST
C. E. Malone says:
Again they cut it off, Here it is in full!!

Well, I contacted Costumer Service "C/S". Explained my and everyones problem & concerns.
I got a response this morning. 98% of the response was standard. I could have answered it.
As for the payment limbo. C/S stated, Sometimes Amazon will put an inquire in for the card to verify its correct and funds are available. Banks will then hold payment for this time. This is true, But!!!! Why do this over 2 months later???? Why not in December when the order was first placed? And a second time when I continued my hold on the Pre-oder?
No other questions were answered!
I did check my account this morning after reading C/S response, The funds and transaction. Transaction is gone and Funds are back!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! What a Ki-Wik-E-Dink!!!
So, I retract my statement. I will not be getting the order anytime soon.
Back to square one!!! Great, I'm going to start my Monthly/Weekly searches again.
My be their something out their? May be MGM has something to do with this. They Okay the production of this DVD set. Maybe! They didn't like what was about to be released??
These are only my thoughts. Who knows? We waited this long, We could wait a little longer.?????
I'm still not happy with the situation. I'm going to have climb the food chain of Amazon for more answers.
I will keep everyone in the loop. If you find something with fact, Posted here!

Posted on Feb 9, 2010 3:33:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 9, 2010 3:35:32 AM PST
C. E. Malone says:
Belleferret!
I did also notice that the price is back to $35.00.
I did make an copy of the price change "$29.99" but only in paper, The hole page listing! Its not in a digital format, At least I didn't think I made one. I'll have to check.??
I'll be recording every action now in both. I only save it that way when I'm having issues or Questionable "shady" dealings. For both party's concerns.

Posted on Feb 10, 2010 9:16:24 PM PST
I just saw on AICN that this was listed in Herc's vault. Hate the cover, but seeing as it's "Manufacture on Demand" something I'd never even HEARD of for DVDS, I suppose it's to be expected.

Fortunately I got a copy of the complete series online a year or so ago, because MGM refused to release Season 2. It's not "official" releases, but it's better than nothing.

I'm not ordering this until it gets shipped out to people and they can comment on the packaging, quality, etc. Although I've never had any problems with Amazon before, so.. *shrugs*

Posted on Feb 12, 2010 3:31:55 AM PST
C. E. Malone says:
Hello,
Well, I just got conformation by email, Estimated shipping March 8 - March 10, 2010
:):):)
The long wait is over, Will post picture & quality of packing (A.S.A.P.)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2010 3:38:49 AM PST
belleferret says:
Sweet!

I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet, but the product page now says the ship date is March 3. Let's hope they don't change their minds again!

Posted on Mar 3, 2010 3:14:18 AM PST
C. E. Malone says:
The BIG DEATH is Coming! :)
Sorry, Had to say it.

Posted on Mar 3, 2010 4:06:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 3, 2010 4:17:28 AM PST
belleferret says:
LOL I got my shipping notice too! Whee!

And I was only charged $29.99!

Posted on Mar 4, 2010 10:13:06 PM PST
H. Robertson says:
They said mine has been shipped also. If patience is a virtue we are some really virtuous people.

Posted on Mar 5, 2010 5:14:06 PM PST
anyone get their copies? If so, post up pictures of the packaging, the way the discs are packaged, etc. Is it in fullscreen? Imagine it might be, but ya never know.

Posted on Mar 5, 2010 5:49:09 PM PST
belleferret says:
Gary, see the latest review posted yesterday. It's 4:3, not widescreen. :-( And single-layer DVD which fits only 2 episodes per disk. No extra material, which is as I expected.

Posted on Mar 5, 2010 6:14:52 PM PST
Single layer makes sense since Double Layer DVD-Rs are a lot less compatible, so DVD-5s are a safer bet.

Posted on Mar 5, 2010 7:20:11 PM PST
C. E. Malone says:
Its here! Well, A quick breakdown. I have only watch a few episodes.
It is the last 15 episodes. "I think"
Packaged: Two Cases, 4 discs per case/8 discs total. Hard-Black-Plastic Basic Case, seems good.
Discs: Seem alright, Artwork looks Silk-screened. MGM Logo
Case Artwork: Well, Thats about all I can find wrong. What you see on Amazon's Listing Picture is the front of the case, MGM Trade mark, With "JEREMIAH-Season Two-Discs 1-4 or Discs 1-8"/ Side "JEREMIAH-Season Two"/ The Back is a little better, They use the cover of Season 1 with some basic information about, Episodes, Runtime ,Back-bottom, everything you find on most DVDs.
Video Quality: Good, Tried first in a Blue-Ray & Flat LCD 42" "Look a bit grainy at first, Then cleared up"
Regular DVD and a CRT. Perfect no different then a regular DVD. "With-out the extras"
Its not boot/Leg quality. Its good quality.
Case/Disk-Episode:
1/1-"Letters From the Other Side pt.1"
"Letters From the Other Side pt.2"
1/2-"Strange Attractors"
"Deus Ex Machina"
1/3-"Rites of Passage"
"The Mysterious Mister Smith"
1/4-"Voices in the Dark"
"Crossing Jordan"
-
2/5-"Running on Empty"
"The Question"
2/6-"The Past Is Prologue"
"The Face in the Mirror"
2/7-"State of the Union"
"Interregnum pt.1"
2/8-"Interregnum pt.2"
Basic DVD Menu, Play-All or Episode.
Over-All. I'm happy, Its not poop and its not Full-production with extras and Deletes.Its in the middle.
With no other venue to get a DVD. "With out doing it your self" Could dress it up my self with My own Art work.
The only way to be happier would be MGM doing a full production years ago!!!!!!!!!
Should you buy it, Sure, Go for it. Or Wait like we did for years for MGM to do a full production. "Still waiting"

Posted on Mar 5, 2010 7:35:27 PM PST
C. E. Malone says:
Almost forgot.
Runtime Case (1)= 365min.s (2)= 312min.s total:677min.s or 11.29 HRS.
Video is Full Screen.

As for all the episodes. I think thats it. Season One had 20 episodes and this on has 15 episodes.
I think I remember their being only 35 total.
By the way. I love that Military CUCV they drive around in!

Posted on Mar 5, 2010 7:40:12 PM PST
G. Wilson says:
Thanks for the update.

Guess I will just watch it on Netflix. Not paying 30.00 for what is basically an authorized bootleg. Amazon has the ability to create real artwork and ONE case. Dont know why they don't.

Posted on Mar 7, 2010 7:41:32 AM PST
C. E. Malone says:
G. Wilson
Its true. As far as Art work, Video aspect, Extra features, etc. It did fail big time. A let down.
As fare as having a real decent copy of the last Episodes. You can't beat it. I'm sure the price will drop a little bit after some time. But, I'm not one to pay for a show and watch it on-line, Thats just me
I'm always amazed how some good Shows/Movies get Zap right off the bat, Were others just keep going & going and I could care less about them one example "Surviver T.V./Game show".
Good shows that died off to early:
Jeremiah, Jericho, Firefly "Serenity" to name a few. Their are others that even escaped my radar.
I hope BBC America keeps going with "Survivors" a remake of a Drama show in mid 65'-70's I think. Its really good!

Posted on Mar 7, 2010 11:04:21 AM PST
G. Wilson says:
C.E. I already have Netflix and $8/month the streaming is nice. Especially since it has Starz included. But like you, I wont buy digital movies or even music.

Thanks for pointing out Survivors. Ill grab it and the original.

I love apotolyptic movies/shows.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2010 3:12:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2010 3:20:10 PM PST
C. E. Malone says:
Survivors is on BBC/A on Sat. @ 8/9pm. I think their is two episodes left for this year.
(2008)Season 1 & 2 Complete DVD set will be release on 4/27/2010.
The original Drama 1975-thru-1977 DVD will be release at the same time.

Posted on Mar 9, 2010 1:55:25 AM PST
Well fortunately I found a copy of the complete series on dvd last year. It's in generic art cases, but I can mock up some covers. Better than nothing.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Jeremiah Season Two forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  31
Initial post:  Feb 1, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Jeremiah Season Two
Jeremiah Season Two by Luke Perry (DVD - 2010)
4.3 out of 5 stars (235)