Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Waterbed Heater-Hardside
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on January 28, 2010
I have the Thermal Guardian Touch Temp Digital Waterbed Heater. The Product Details for this product don't tell you which model this is and there isn't a close-up for the heater control so you can see what the model is or how you will control the temperature. My heater works well, except for one thing. My house is old and has very little insulation, so it tends to be chilly in the winter. The Thermal Guardian heaters profess to keeping the temperature to within 1/8 of a degree of the set temperature. That's fine if your house isn't chilly, but when it is the heater warms to the set temperature and then turns off. The chilliness of the room cools the water enough for the heater to come back on and thus the heater continues to turn off and on several times per second indefinitely. The only way to stop it is to turn the heater off or change the desired temperature a couple degrees and once it reaches the new setting you have to change it again. I can't help but think, if you let it turn off and on all the time it will wear out and anyone who has a waterbed knows it's a pain to drain the bed and put in a new heater any more often than necessary. On days when the sun warms the house, this does not happen. I don't plan on changing heaters, just know this can be a problem.
22 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2012
I ordered this heater with the fastest shipping option there was (2-6 days). The next day my shipping confirmation email estimated that the soonest heater would come would be in 7 days. If you have a waterbed then you understand the need to get a heater quick so you aren't sleeping on a frozen mattress. After 3 weeks my package never came. I wrote a poor review and the seller very quickly sent me an email insulting me and demanding I take down my review. I told him I wouldn't take it down because it was all true. He then tried to rectify the situation by refunding me for the product and shipping and repeatedly offering to send me the heater regardless. I told him I appreciated that and eagerly awaited a warm bed. Over the next few days I got many emails saying I should take down my review because the situation was fixed. Really, it wasn't because I'd been sleeping on a cold mattress for nearly a month. I did take the review down thinking that everything would be fixed. I never did get that heater, and I know it's silly to complain about not getting something you didn't pay for, so instead I'll complain that I would have gone somewhere else to buy one had a known it wasn't coming. This is easily the worst shopping experience I've had on Amazon. This heater is readily available from other sellers on this site, I would recommend them.
on January 30, 2010
Our old heater quit on us in the coldest part of the winter. Those of you who are waterbed owners know that a cold waterbed in the winter months is not a good thing. We were glad to find a merchant on Amazon with the product we needed. It shipped within a week and we were able to quickly and easily replace the old heater unit with this one. Then we were back to comfortable nights once again.
on April 8, 2013
Finally bought a good expensive mattress because i destroyed the old one trying to put in a new heater. With the new mattress i bought this brand new heater so i wouldn't soon have to drain the bed again- and destroy it! Well back to square one. These things should be mounted on the inside rail so draining and destroying your brand new $350 mattress isn't possible! Not happy right now, at all.
on August 15, 2011
I originally bought this heater to replace an old style on and off heater which failed after about 15 years.

This heater was much better at regulating the temperature than the old one. It keeps the bed the same temperature.

That is, until it failed. I bought it less than 8 months ago, and it can no longer heat the bed over 80 degrees.
Having the heater for your waterbed fail is a huge inconvenience. I'd rather have a heater which causes the bed to have wider temperature swings, but is reliable vs a heater with tighter temp control which needs to be replaced more often.
on March 23, 2013
Owned this for about two months now. Was concerned I wouldn't be able to see the temp setting but the back light is adequate. The temp light gets brighter the higher temp you turn the dial from the current temp. It heated our CA King fully in around 24 hrs. Other reviews talk about it continually cycling on and off. If it does, it does it silently, we have never heard it turn on or off, even when I plugged it in I never heard it. Loved the temp sensor, it is on a sealed flexible wire instead of a rigid, bare copped wire, easily moves to anywhere.
All in all, it is a winner, would buy again.
Update: over five months now and still completely silent and still working.
on November 8, 2011
price was right, item shown is what was received. Received within a week of when I ordered it, packed well, received in good condition. If it lasts as long as the the last one (10 years) I will be pleased.
on September 24, 2011
This water bed heater works well with a queen size bed. It is very reasonable in the pricing as well.
on August 17, 2015
Finally had to replace our old waterbed heater. Wasn't sure too many people sold parts for them any more. Was so surprised when I found this one. We had considered getting a regular bed, but this heater changed our minds. Love it!
on May 31, 2015
this heater does work on my queen-sized waterbed, however, even on the highest setting it doesn't really get 'hot' Iwitch I wouldn't want) so in order to keep the bed comfortably warm I need to keep in on the high setting