Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on May 22, 2004
This stuff is what gets us - and our friends - through the woods and doing yardwork during mosquito season. No DEET, so OK for kids too.
Good Housekeeping Institute, August 1997 'Buzz away is the most effective natural repellent tested' Tested against Avon's Skin So Soft, Bite Block and others. National Parenting Center Seal of Approval Awarded in 1999 after being field tested by families in five US cities. University of Guelph, Ontario Agricultural College Field Study: 'Buzz Away beat it's natural competitors Natrapel, Jungle Juice and Bite Blocker and tied with DEET based Skintastic for effectiveness'.
on September 14, 2012
I am the Ultimate Mosquito Magnet. I always say that if we were to put a hungry mosquito in a room of 1000 people, it would go straight for me. no doubt about that.
the smell of Buzz Away is quite strong yet citrus-y and natural so it's no unpleasant, though whether this product this product is effective for a mosquito magnet like myself, the answer is YES and NO.

Scenario 1 - YES
this handy mosquito spray is small enough to carry around with me in my purse [especially in the summer time], and it works wonderful if i'm dining outdoors with friends, gardening, or when a pesky mosquito has found its way inside the house.
as long as i re-apply about every 2-3 hours, i am protected - which i believe is normal for a NATURAL product, and a small price to pay. [if you can't deal with re-applying often you might want to go the DEET route]

Scenario 2 - NO
i brought this spray with me camping on a florida beach, and it did NOT protect me at night. obviously i was sleeping so i couldn't re-apply the product and would wake up in the morning with bites all over, even though i had profusely sprayed myself before bed.
i ended up having to switch to a DEET product at night - which is unfortunate because i'd have much preferred sleeping with a clean citrus smell in the air rather than a harmful toxic stench. but i had no choice if i wanted to avoid getting bit at night.

CONCLUSION:
Buzz Away works best when used for short-term exposures to mosquitos [outdoor walks, dinners, gardening..] and if re-applied every few hours for longer exposures.
I would not recommend Buzz Away for night-time protection, unless you plan on waking up throughout the night to spray yourself.

Hope this helps!
on January 30, 2006
Buzz Away Has Always worked for us, even in the rainforest of Belize. It does NOT contain Deet which we prefer and think is better for us and the environment.

We personally also like the citonella smell of it.
on December 18, 2012
Coming from the biggest health nut on the planet: "Don't get fooled! This stuff simply does not work. I got bit by a thousand mosquitos and gnats, swelled up like a balloon and was praying for some deet!" I have to clarify that I am not happy leaving such a review as I expected a lot more from this product, and am quite disappointed.
on May 28, 2014
I went to the Philippines this past Dec/Jan to do some typhoon relief work. There were a lot of mosquitos and dengue is prevalent in the areas we were working in. I got bit a lot less than everyone else and I did not get dengue...when many other did. This DOES NOT PREVENT dengue. But I got bit less than others, which is a mix of factors. Granted we also slept in mosquito nets but I used this through out the day when working in the fields & rural areas. Actually, everyone used this. A circle of volunteers formed around me anytime I pulled it out. lol. It is not waterproof so I did have to constantly spray when I sweat a lot or it rained. But it smells a lot better than other repellents and did not irritate my skin. Definitely should have brought more than 2 bottles with me.
on July 24, 2015
I wouldn't use this spray if you were attempting to keep ticks away. For that you must have spray containing Deet. This spray is great for what I call minor bug annoyances. Seems to keep the punkies away (gnats) and maybe mosquitoes. It's really a light duty bug repellant with a pleasant scent. It reminds me of my childhood summers when we all used citronella.
on August 5, 2015
I am very pleased with Quantum Buzz Away. I use it every day before I step onto my grass to avoid exposure to chiggers. The strong fragrance from the essential oils in the product is mostly effective at keeping these mites from coming into contact with my skin. I don't think any product can keep insects from ever coming into contact with your skin, but this product does a great job of keeping most of them away.
on February 6, 2016
It worked! I bought this for my husband who was doing some building in the back yard and was bothered by mosquitoes. They stopped bothering him when he used this, and it was not toxic like other bug repellents.
on August 23, 2015
I was happy to find this in a large bottle at a reasonable price on Amazon. It is the best natural insect repellent I have found! It truly keeps the Mosquitos away so I can enjoy being outside. It contains citronella and other essential oils. I will continue to order!
on June 10, 2012
I changed the 4 start rating I originally had to 1 star because of the 1/2 empty bottles now being shipped (the last 2 times).
I cancelled my subscribe and save as well.

The last 2 shipments on Subscribe and Save, the bottle of spray has been 1/2 full (1/2 empty) I suppose they think people won't notice the bottles are lighter and missing 1/2 the contents, and won't cancel the subscription. Well, they are wrong. Great product, bad customer service!!!!!!!! I'm canceling my subscription. No one likes getting "ripped off"! Last time, I thought, well, maybe it's a "fluke", but this time it happened again. My hard earned money is too precious to spend on 1/2 an item I am paying full price for! Buyer beware!!

This product is fantastic. A little goes a VERY long way. I live out at the edge of the west coast, literally 2 blocks from the ocean. It's nomally salty, damp and moist, even inside my apartment. The last year, months have appeared from everywhere, I tried all kinds of things to get rid of them, and nothing works but this product. All natural, smell is very potent (a little goes a long way) I've even added water when the bottle is 1/2 used. the moths do not like it, and it is a great room freshener. Just be careful if you get it on your fingers - do not let it get into your eyes, the lemon grass, peppermint and citronella, eucalyptus sting.

It's a great alternative to "moth balls" (which don't work out here), bug sprays filled with chemicals (which didn't work either), it's on subscribe and save: monthly,
so I have a bottle in each room, and give a quick spray inside cabinets, shelves, on the curtains, rugs, walls, etc..... and the room smells so fresh too.

Excellent product.

I have this item on subscribe and save, and have been getting a full bottle up until now, they have started to give only a 2/3 full bottle! I may have to cancel the vendor and re order from some other place! This is outrageous!!!