5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Textbooks on non relativistic QM
Published on September 16, 2000 by jalenzi

3.0 out of 5 stars book review
Published on June 18, 2012 by Marlon Seliger

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Textbooks on non relativistic QM, September 16, 2000
"jalenzi" (Italy, Bologna) - See all my reviews
I've read all the 3 Greiner's books concerning non relativistic Quantum Mechanics (and other on QFT). First I've to underline that you may find many text-errors in those books. (QM: an introduction, QM:Special Chapters, QM:Symmetries): for everybody who is a bit familiar with Mathematics this can not be a big problem. On the second hand, you have to read all the 3 Greiner's books on Q.M. to have a great overview on this matter: every mathematical part is essential but complete. One has to follow and understand most of the calculations inside: this is the only way, generally in Physics, to earn a good Mathematical level, and be able not to concentrate too much on Mathematics while trying to understand the Physics behind. As last point I've to underline that only by reading Greiner's "Relativistic Quantum Mechanics" book, one is able to understand the meaning of introducing Field Theory formalism in "Q.M.:Special Chapters" and will appreciate it a lot: in fact everything is going to be easier on the following matters; apart of this I think it's great to treat Statistical Mechanics with operators as soon as possible, as Greiner does in Q.M.:special chapters. Lot's of importance is given to symmetries and Group theory (Q.M:symmetries) as a modern point of view pretends.

3.0 out of 5 stars book review, June 18, 2012
This review is from: Quantum Mechanics: An Introduction (Paperback)
Actually, this is a preliminary review. This is a rough topic. So far, I've made very slow progress. From my limited experience as an introductory student, I'd say the book is on par with others I've seen. It has more worked examples then other text books. So far it's also avoided the nightmare of not being able to tell v from v (script) when it's used for velocity and frequency in the same equation. I'll review more when I've read more.

Quantum Mechanics: An Introduction
Quantum Mechanics: An Introduction by Walter Greiner (Paperback - May 1, 1997)
Used & New from: $12.85