4.0 out of 5 stars How to Make These Work!
I bought these a few months ago and had the same problem as everyone else who has posted. When I saw they were on sale at Staples for $2 a pack I decided to try again with a little more ingenuity involved. To make these work you need:

1. 2 packs of the 4-set of cork board (this solves the fact that the cork is too thin to stick tacks into)
2. Super...
Published on February 9, 2012 by Lexi Gurl

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of the Self-Stick Pads
Last Friday, my wife bought several packages of the Quartet Cork Tiles. She wanted to provide our daughter with a place to hang pictures etc. without taping them to her wall. The package claimed easy installation with no tools necessary and self-stick pads were included to fasten them to the wall. So far so good.

It quickly became evident that the properties...
Published on May 1, 2011 by Christine Kinder

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of the Self-Stick Pads, May 1, 2011

It quickly became evident that the properties of the cork and the properties of the self stick pads exhibited an effect that NASA would be interested in. While the self stick pads adhered to the wall like gorilla glue, they rejected the presence of cork like Damien being dragged into church in the Omen. If NASA were to fashion a cork rocket and cover the launch pad in self-stick pads, the rocket would reach orbit very quickly indeed.

Of course, the other property of the self-stick pads would them become apparent. They are virtually impossible to remove from anything but cork.

Fortunately, I was able to fashion a solution. I cut a piece of plywood the size and shape required. Then I wood glued the cork tiles to this. I hung it on her wall like a picture. Not elegant, but functional. It also hides the disgusting remnants of the self-stick pads that remain behind.

Of course, that made the "no tools necessary" claim on the package kind of wrong. I used a table saw and a sander to install the tiles.

4.0 out of 5 stars How to Make These Work!, February 9, 2012

2. Super glue
3. Removeable adhesive pads (DO NOT use the ones provided in the pack, find ones that are actually designed to come off your wall without ruining it) I used these: Scotch(R) Removable Mounting Squares , 1 x 1 Inches, 16 squares ,Grey(108)

Instructions:

1. Gently clean the cork board with a damp cloth to get rid of any residue or dust. Be careful or it might flake off.
2. Once dry, super glue one cork board piece to the back of another and repeat until you end up with 4 thick cork board pieces that you can actually stick thumb tacks into.
3. Wait for the super glue to set and then use the removeable adhesive pads you bought to stick the cork board to the wall. I used 4 pads on every board just to be sure.

It's been two weeks and there's no sign of them falling off like the did the last time and I can actually stick stuff into them! On top of that, I paid basically the same amount for all of the above that I would have paid buying just one pack of this stuff from amazon. Took one star off because the product had to be altered and did not come ready to use.

3.0 out of 5 stars good product, decent price., October 23, 2011
This review is from: Quartet Cork Tiles, Natural, 12 Inch x 12 Inch, Frameless, 8 Pack (108) (Office Product)
This is a good price for a solid product. They are thinner than other tiles available (at 1/8" thick...which is NOT specified in the product description), but will perform just fine if adhered to a solid substrate. Word to the wise: do NOT try to adhere these or any cork tile with the included tape pads. Instead, use a suitable adhesive. I personally use flammable contact cement to adhere them to plywood or particle board, but I would imagine that a decent wood glue would work fine also if it's spread evenly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its, September 27, 2011
Its a nice good cork board it hold my things but its just a little thin for the thumb tacks i have so i poke the wall behind the cork which is why i bought this in the first place (so i dont have to put littles holes in the wall)

1.0 out of 5 stars These cork boards are crumbly do not adhere, November 3, 2009
Each corkboard comes with four pieces of double-sided adhesive tape. I mounted each piece of cork to a large piece of foam board that I purchased separately, using the adhesive tape included with the corkboard.

The tape sticks to the form board great -- in fact, I can't get it off! But the tape doesn't support the corkboard at all. I came back the next morning, and all four pieces of cork had fallen to the floor.

Worse, the cork is so crumbly that now I can't even superglue it to the foam board, because it's broken into little pieces.

My guess is that you would have the same experience whether you used foam backing, as I did, or made the mistake of trying to stick this cork directly to your wall. The adhesive tape just doesn't support the cork.

I wish I had saved the time and frustration and used a (thinner) cork ROLE instead... My entire project is ruined because the adhesive tape that comes with this product isn't up to the job, causing the cork to crumble. Now I can't even get the tape off the foam board to start again.

(If you purchase the product, I would suggest using superglue rather than the adhesive tape that's included.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Creat price for the cork, November 30, 2009
M. Daneker (Spinnerstown, Pa USA) - See all my reviews
The cork tiles are fine, I wouldn't have dreamed of using the double stick foam pads that come with it. I'm using a spray adhesive and mounting directly on a wall, no issues.

1.0 out of 5 stars less than expected, August 9, 2010
although i didn't expect the quality to be great, when i recieved the product, the cork was veyr spaced out (not usable as a bulletin board and it was shedding little black flakes off of it. i couldn't even hold it without gettign the reside on me. to say the least, i just had to throw the product away because it was simply unusable.

3.0 out of 5 stars good product with the help of others, December 16, 2011
so i read the other reviews and i didn't believe that these boards could be all that bad. well, pay attention to the review folks. these tiles are about 3/8" thick. a pushpin is double that length. so to counter this problem, i superglued two board together so that push pins don't go through the board into my wall. so essentially, i'm only getting four boards.
as for the adhesive that was included with this package, i didn't even bother. i felt them and i know that they weren't going to do the job. i used some of the command strips poster strips and those did the trick.

2.0 out of 5 stars not a sticky situation, January 7, 2010
The instruction say to put the sticky peices in the corner and one in the middle for more stibility but you would pretty much have to use the whole pack of stickies to make it stay on the wall. Its cool cause you do different things with it but it doesn't stay on the wall overnight, so if you go to the store and buy extra stickies it may work for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless, December 1, 2011
The sticky tabs prefer to stick to the non-stick paper and in the process of pealing off the paper left the sticky layer on the paper thus rendering them useless. The cork tiles themselves are thinner than a thumb tack so what we hung from them fell out. By the end of the weekend the tiles that we had put up with good sticky tabs had fallen off either pealing paint off with them or leaving the sticky tab and falling down. Now I have torn useless cork tiles. Save your money.