Queen of the Damned
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
After a decades-long slumber, the vampire Lestat becomes a rock star whose music awakens the queen of all vampires, Akasha, who embarks on a mission to make Lestat her king. But a young London woman with a gift for the occult falls in love with Lestat and wields a far greater power than the vampires expect. Based on "The Vampire Chronicles" by Anne Rice.]]>
Top Customer Reviews
To sum it up, Queen of the Damned is actually made up of the second and third books of the Vampire Chronicals consisting of chunks from both Queen of the Damned and The Vampire Lestat. It may be called Queen of the Damned, and the posters focus on Akasha, but it really is about Lestat (which is what Queen was about anyway.)
I wasn't sure if I was going to like this movie, but went into it with an open mind. I liked Interview, but didn't care for the choice of Tom (over the top) Cruise as Lestat. The choice of Stewart Townsend was WELL casted as he slithers about reeking of sexuality, just like Lestat; too bad he wasn't the original choice for Interview.
In terms of the storyline, to incorporate or base a movie on both books is a difficult task that can fail and unfortunately, it did in some areas. From reading the negative reviews about QOTD, too much was incorporated into the storyline without explaining the background of each (i.e., Akasha is the first of the vampire bloodline and when her life ceases to exist, so do all the vampires created beneath her.) Stuff like this is never explained and anyone who has never read the books can understandably be confused.
I was more excited by seeing the characters I became so familiar with come to life, but we are only focusing on specific characters in this flick. Namely, Akasha, Marius, Lestat, Jesse and Maharet. All the others are present, but most of them don't even have a single line.Read more ›
There's plenty of things I could say about this movie doing no justice to the feel and/or deep and layered plot of the book. However, since it is a movie and not the book, I'll try not to get that specific (i.e., Marius didn't make Lestat, but that doesn't make that much of a difference...does it?) What really [ticked] me off about this is that instead of taking one book's plot and trying to fully develop and explain the story, they shoved a bunch of [junk] into ninety minutes and made it loud, shiny, and polished. And let's not forget the kung fu.
1) I loved Tom Cruise as Lestat, but...Stuart Townsend was hot. I'll admit it. He played the modern Lestat quite well, and I'm willing to say that his hair is *dark* blond. That doesn't quite make up for his brown eyes, however. :)
2) Aaliyah. Not bad; she certainly looked pretty, but what was up with that stupid Hungarian accent? And she had basically no character development, which brings me to
3) NO CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!! The only reason I recognized half of the "ancients" in the movie was by their costumes, because God forbid we should actually mention their names!!
4) Why did we have to have that stupid "romance" [stuff]?Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Best second chapter of the vampire chronicle of Anna rice.
Hopeing thay make another Anna rice movie from the vampire chronicle about Lestat.
I have never read the books and I'm not going to in the future. This movie is a cult classic. The soundtrack is great and it's not over the top violent. Read morePublished 15 days ago by Amazon Customer
Another vampire movie that was done to meet all of my expectations from an Anne Rice book. Top noch acting and brilliantly directed!Published 16 days ago by Ralph Johnson
Love, love this movie. Received item in timely fashion. Thank you!!Published 19 days ago by Pamela Brooks-Grimes
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Customers Also Watched on Amazon Video
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Horror
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Drama
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Horror