5.0 out of 5 stars Two for the price of one
Published 1 month ago by W. J. Henderson

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy read
This was an easy read, and full of interesting historical data of Elizabeth's time. A lot of which was unknown. The flow words was so smooth and appropriate to the time period as to add to the enjoyment of the reader.
Published 14 months ago by Brooklyn Dodger

5.0 out of 5 stars Two for the price of one, May 20, 2014
This review is from: Queen Elizabeth Makers of History (Kindle Edition)
I got this because I got Mary Queen of Scots by the same author. I recommend reading them concurrently if you like this stuff. The short time or long time depending on your view point, after Henry VIII changed the world in significant ways and these two women were in the thick of it. Especially when it comes to freedom of religion. I read this for the first time when I went to England about ten years ago. It'still on my net book and every once in a special will come up on PBS that begs a fact check and both the mentioned books do just fine for that.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great quick read!, May 2, 2014
This review is from: Queen Elizabeth Makers of History (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this great quick read that just kept the information simple and to the point and it certainly made you think about Queen Elizabeth 1st.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book!, November 23, 2013
This review is from: Queen Elizabeth Makers of History (Kindle Edition)
I love to read about European and English royalty and all o the intrigue that went on. Very interesting read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read about Queen Eliz I, November 7, 2013
This review is from: Queen Elizabeth Makers of History (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this free book. Well written and an eye-opener about Elizabeth I. She isn't all that she appears to be. She is jealous, cantankerous, scheming and not as genuine as some historians would lead us to believe. I also read another book by Anna Beer about Sir Walter Raleigh's wife, Lady Raleigh, that really gets into who Q. Elizabeth I really was. I recommend that one too. I had to buy it as it wasn't a kindle book. This free one is a good start for those interested in Elizabeth I and then may wish to buy some other better books to further the view of a very famous 16th century English Queen. She truly was a virgin. That is one thing that I found to be true about her. Hollywood made her out to be a sleazy woman in many of the movies regarding Robert Dudley or The Earl of Leicester as he was later know in Mary, Queen of Scots. They were very close but never that close. It would have ruined her and that she was NOT about to let happen for a few moments of passionate pleasure. She took pleasure in not making love. Never happened, not to her. She is a mufti-faceted woman and no man would own her. She died a virgin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand, July 5, 2013
This review is from: Queen Elizabeth Makers of History (Kindle Edition)
It was easy to read and understand. Author made it more interesting. I couldn't stop reading or put the book down. I recommend everyone to read this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A history book with imagination, June 2, 2013
Kholofelo Raphahlelo (Cape Town, South Africa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Queen Elizabeth Makers of History (Kindle Edition)
As opposed to many other history books, this one is not simply a dull series of facts and dates, it has quite a lot of imagination! It is like reading a novel, only that this one is true. It gives you also the little interesting things that don't really matter, that other history writers would not bother to include. It's a really good read for a history lover with an imagination. I quite liked it, except maybe that some of it sounded more like speculations and assumptions than the facts of history.But I definitely recommend it. You have not read a history book with so much imagination.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, May 4, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Much of this I never knew!, May 2, 2013
This review is from: Queen Elizabeth Makers of History (Kindle Edition)
I loved the Elizabeth movies with Kate Blanchett but much of the history of Elizabeth I in this book is not portrayed in the movie - which is more historically accurate? Very interesting and dramatic story of this tenacious woman.

4.0 out of 5 stars A simplified history., April 30, 2013
This review is from: Queen Elizabeth Makers of History (Kindle Edition)
I wanted to read a background history of Elizabeth I, and this mainly filled my needs. I am sure there are more detail laden texts available,but this will do for now.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, January 14, 2013
This review is from: Queen Elizabeth Makers of History (Kindle Edition)
This was a simplistic and anecdotal book rather than an historic tome. IT was disappointing because it lacked any scholarly integrity. It was child like..suitable for children rather than academic.

Queen Elizabeth Makers of History