5.0 out of 5 stars Legit Skin Maintenance for Women OR Men
Published on November 28, 2011 by mikecart1

3.0 out of 5 stars Gave me deep, underground blemishes (cystic acne?)
Published 5 months ago by CynicalRealist

5.0 out of 5 stars Legit Skin Maintenance for Women OR Men, November 28, 2011
mikecart1 (Alexandria, VA) - See all my reviews
Say what you will but I'm a guy that prefers to take care of the face. Do it while you are young because the older you get the harder it will get. Anyways, I am not one that goes through a whole routine of several creams but I stick with 1 or 2 consistently. Don't really have acne anymore and no marks from it but this stuff is great for tightening the skin, keeping it clear, and removing dead skin flakes. To be honest I was inspired by Christian Bale in American Psycho but this isn't the peel away type of mask. I usually rub it on and leave it on for about 30 minutes and go shower. I have tried just using it during the day but getting it off with just running water in the sink is tough because it starts sliding down your neck and stuff LOL. Anyways, as a guy who used to have moderate acne but none anymore and no marks, this is the routine of champions IMO:

1) Wrinkle Preventer: AHA lotion for slowly (and I mean slowly) removing blemishes and old marks and preventing wrinkles. ~ $10 on here.
2) Moisturizer: Oily of Olay if not using AHA. I take breaks. Oily of Olay will prevent dryness and flakes. ~$10 or so.
3) Peel: Salicylic acid peel 100 mL bottle. Use it for body acne mostly but it can work on face. ~$30 on here.
4) Pore Shrinker: This mask. $3-5 on here.

And these last 1 year each. So that is like $50 to keep the face clean and clear without going overboard.

Cheers!

5.0 out of 5 stars the best there ever was, the best there will be, June 24, 2010
L (Connecticut) - See all my reviews
If you have problem skin, there is nothing you can buy that will exceed this mask. I was having my makeup done at a Chanel counter and was asked what I did to keep to keep my skin so clear. When I told her, sort of embarrassedly, that I used this mask, she smiled knowingly and said "I tell all my clients to use it." This, coming from someone who works for one of the more-sophisticated skin care brands out there.

You put it on, and within minutes it has literally vacuumed your pores. I don't know what is in this stuff and frankly, I don't care. I'm 26 and I'm still dealing with acne--this is the only product that knocks out a breakout with no fuss. I'm in med school so I have zero time to fret about the status of my skin. I slap this on, study, take a break to take it off and voila. Invisible pores, shrunken zits, the works. If I could give it 50 stars I would. And, can it get any cheaper than this for a skin care product that WORKS? Probably not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective yet affordable OTC facial mask, not too minty!, November 9, 2011
I was hesitant to purchase this product despite the raving reviews because of my aversion to mint. I can eat breath mints, but have no desire for mint ice cream, chocolate mints or a minty mojito. However, the mint scent of this particular mask is not over powering. Yes, it smells like mint but I don't mind leaving it on my face for a few minutes. Using my fingers (not a fan brush), the mint mask like it's sister mud mask was easy to apply. However, I feel that this mask was more effective and much more noticeably clear pores. Make sure to lather it in to cover all pores and allow to dry completely before rinsing off. The mask needs to get into the pore in order to attach and pull out the dried oils and dirt. By the way, the green mask will dry and change to a different shade of green, plus it will be dry to the touch.

My personal sequence at night time is:
1. Cleanse using an exfoliating wash and Clarisonic brush, then dry face.
2. Apply a (papaya) enzyme mask using a fan brush (at least twice a week), then dry face.
3. Apply a mask, such as the mint or mud mask (about 1-2 times a week), then dry face.
4. Apply an eye gel (better than cream), such as the Avalon lavender (daily).
5. Apply Vitamic C serum, such as that by Avalon (at least 1 time per week).
6. Apply hyaluronic acid gel (great moisturizer) (every other day at minimum).
7. Apply a non-greasy night moisturizer (daily).
Note: Make sure to use a new face towel every 1-2 days to keep your face clean after washing. Sounds like common sense, but common sense is not common.

This will be one of my main masks that I rotate through in my beauty tool box. Since I rotate through, the 2 tubes should last me a few months. I definitely recommend this mint mask to friends and family!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, September 20, 2013
I love this face mask. It smells great and keeps my skin looking even and smooth. I've used dozens of different face masks and this one is definitely my favorite... especially for the price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque, February 25, 2013
Pros:
- Brings blackheads to the surface allowing for better extraction;
- Reduces appearance of sebaceous filaments;
- Mildly exfoliating;
- 'Dries out' most pimples promoting faster healing and fading.

Cons:
- Can be very drying leading to flaky and reddened skin;
- Consistency is very thick and can be hard to squeeze out of the tube.

Other notes:
- Should be used a maximum of once a week.
- Eyes and other areas of sensitive skin should be avoided to prevent irritation.
- To further prevent irritation, immediately after use I have found it best to use a small amount of jojoba oil over the areas of application.

Overall rating: A

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, March 5, 2011
This stuff has been around forever and I love it! I can still remember the first time I bought it as a teenager with my allowance. It worked well then, and it works even better now. I used to have mild acne, but now I just have early onset rosacea. As is common with all rosacea, I have really ruddy skin because of raised capillaries. Whenever I use this stuff, my skin is much smoother and more supple. It doesn't dry my sensitive skin out at all. I love the cooling sensation I feel when I first put it on and it feels great when it hardens. It really feels like it's "vacuuming" out your pores. I love how I can tell that the oil and blackheads on my nose have been sucked up because I can see little dots on the dried mask. It's a little difficult to remove (takes some rubbing), but I love the results. It is a lot better for my skin than the nasty salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. Queen Helene has a customer for life!

5.0 out of 5 stars queen helene, February 20, 2009
classycat "classycat" (WASHINGTON, DC United States) - See all my reviews
I think queen helene offers a nice range of beauty products-hair, skin etc. I have used this masque on small pimples and it dries it up well.
I use several times a week for a deep facial cleansing. Will continue to purchase this product. I like this particular size.

4.0 out of 5 stars a little dry, November 12, 2013
A little dry after usage, especially the skin around my nose. And the blackhead disappeared, although it will come back again the next day...

3.0 out of 5 stars Gave me deep, underground blemishes (cystic acne?), April 12, 2014
I have pretty sensitive skin, on the drier side, so this product wasn't for me. It burned in some areas on my face when I applied, so I couldn't leave it on for the full 15 minutes. While it cleaned really deeply and my face felt refreshed where it wasn't burnt, I did end up getting underground cystic acne and had to discontinue use. I'm sticking to something a little gentler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, September 1, 2013
I really love this mask. The smell isn't strong and it dries quickly enough that i can apply two coats if i wanted to. It really does cleans the face very well. Removes all the grease, reduces redness and blackheads. Smell is ok too. Doesn't stink or sting. Good size amount as well for the price. I recommend it.

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque