Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Baby Sale

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 2, 2009 7:52:35 AM PDT
Derek says:
Quest for Booty was the second PS3 Ratchet and Clank game, this being the third. It was only available through a download only and was very short. I would be very nice of the developer to include this in the Crack of time for those of us who do not have our PS3 hooked up to the internet (yes, I am one of those people).

Posted on Jul 2, 2009 8:07:19 AM PDT
If they did that then they would just include a download code for Quest for Booty so you would have to go on the internet anyway to activate it. Since Quest for Booty was only 4 hours really, they will probably just provide a quick overview of what happened in that one...or actually they could put it on the disc as a reward for beating the game, I think Quest for Booty only took up around 1 GB, I need to check.

If you REALLY want the game then just buy from Play-Asia or another site (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-2whk.html) They did release it on disc.

Posted on Aug 11, 2009 5:49:18 AM PDT
C. Groves says:
I'd say Quest for Booty is more of a side story than a full fledged game.

Its like the cherry on top of a Tools of Destruction sundae.

Posted on Aug 27, 2009 8:55:22 AM PDT
The Punisher says:
Quest for Booty was kind of like a link between Tools of Destruction and this game. I think they tried to tie the story together.

Posted on Aug 27, 2009 11:38:00 AM PDT
S. Martin says:
How was that game 4 hours long? more like one.....

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2009 12:37:24 PM PDT
huggyhomer says:
If your computer is hooked up to the internet since you posted this thread, how come you can't connect your PS3?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2009 4:42:12 AM PDT
Derek says:
my computer is downstairs, my TV and PS3 are on the second floor.

Posted on Aug 28, 2009 12:14:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 28, 2009 12:15:10 PM PDT
huggyhomer says:
Then run an ethernet wire to your PS3, or get a wireless router. It's not like either costs very much money.

Posted on Sep 2, 2009 6:04:09 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2009 10:57:48 PM PDT
David L. Lee says:
I suggest the same thing huggy does. It's time to get it hooked up to the internet so you can access the playstation store among other things. Download some games and demos or use the internet browser. Maybe the media server to copy music and videos from your pc to your ps3. I guess you haven't updated your firmware or games either? Until this morning I ran 50ft ethernet cables but I just stumbled upon the fact that my verizon modem doubles as a router. Downloaded something about Wi-Fi from their site. Very Easy to do. Made a name and pass and then easily changed ps3 network settings and it works great. Guess now I can use my psp online too. All this time I thought I needed to buy a router. I just got test it and see how far it works.

*edit*

Turns out the working great modem was a fluke. The connection is nowhere near reliable and what was easy the first time quickly became a hassle.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2009 4:19:00 PM PDT
Geek Chick says:
I don't think you're missing much. Not your full arsenal, no new gadgets, not nearly as clever as the stand-alone games. Much more focus on melee fighting, less on puzzles. Didn't think it was worth $15. $8, maybe. They *did* do some clever work-arounds for helping move Ratchett along without Clank, though.

Posted on Oct 14, 2009 1:33:15 PM PDT
I think QFB was worth $15 as something to hold me over during the in-between year, from TOD to CIT. If anything, I was a bit dissappointed that there weren't gold bolts to hunt for or skill points to make it more replayable (though I played through 3 times on each of the three difficulty settings--Hard was actually pretty hard, for me anyway). If you haven't gotten it by now, then save your money or wait for another sale (for a time it was $10 on PSN).

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2009 1:51:00 PM PDT
It should be 10$ up here on Amazon right now

Posted on Oct 14, 2009 11:55:06 PM PDT
I move my PS3 upstairs to downstairs and back every day. I have the same set up as you, it's not hard to move and you can use your monitor if you have HDMI. And you must hook up sometimes because they won't let you play most games without the firmware updates. I'd say just move it or get a router, either one works. And Quest for Booty was pretty fun for something downloadable, I enjoyed it and it definitely wouldn't be a waste to play it.

Posted on Oct 15, 2009 8:43:32 AM PDT
Brad says:
Derek. Get the damn thing hooked to the internet. Certain PSN games were half the reason I got the system. Pixel Junk Eden, and Pixel Junk Monsters (awesome tower defense), Crash Commando, Ragdoll Kungfu, Flow, Fat Princess, Zombie Apocalypse, and yes, Quest For Booty. They're all a lot of fun, if not excellent. And Pixel Junk has a new game coming out at some point soon which looks great.

Posted on Oct 16, 2009 2:53:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 16, 2009 2:54:15 PM PDT
Quest for Booty is on sale (probably this week only, beginning 10/16) for $9.99. Buy it and quit yer griping. ;)

Posted on Aug 3, 2011 10:50:38 AM PDT
Derek says:
I did end up hooking my PS3 to the internet, finally got wii-fii. By the way, not everyone has wii-fii, as some on this post think. I love PSN, ability to download DLC, games, and system updates. I did end up getting Quest for Booty for $10. It was totally not worth it. While it was a blast to play, I finished it in no time. I think $5 would be a more reasonable price to pay for it. It is more of a DLC, and should be advertised as such.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2014 9:59:38 PM PDT
To be fair, it came as a free voucher with Into the Nexus which I bought yesterday.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Jul 2, 2009
Latest post:  Mar 9, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time - Playstation 3
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.5 out of 5 stars (276)