Question to Owners about Director's Cut

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 16, 2012 7:58:05 PM PDT
Gordon JL says:
For those who have seen both versions of the movie: Are there notable differences in plot? Or is it just extra content?

Are the endings changed, or the same?

Posted on May 28, 2012 10:17:21 PM PDT
Jacob Minger says:
As I just finished watching the directors cut I can tell you that there are no noticeable differences in plot. All the extra footage only adds about 5 minutes to the film and in all honesty I can see why it was cut from the theatrical version. That being said what was cut were some small character moments. These moments help develop the character of Steve the most and expands the friendship that builds between Andrew and Steve. We also get to learn a little bit more about Steve and Matt in an extended diner sequence that has a few fun bits (but I can see why a lot of it was cut down as the whole sequence runs about 2 minutes longer than the same scene in the theatrical cut. Beyond that it's mostly minor insubstantial stuff that was added in that shows off the powers a little bit more.

As far as the ending it is the same as the theatrical cut.

Posted on May 28, 2012 10:35:24 PM PDT
Gordon JL says:
Thanks Jacob, I won't be viewing the original theatrical cut thanks to your summary. The director's cut had some corny moments, so that's likely attributed to the extra footage.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  May 16, 2012
Latest post:  May 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Chronicle (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo +Digital Copy)
Chronicle (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo +Digital Copy) by Michael B. Jordan (Blu-ray - 2012)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (566)