Customer Discussions > Beyond Justice forum

Question about Religious Visions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 15, 2011 5:53:32 PM PDT
What was everyone's opinion of the religious visions that Sam was having? Do you think they were true apparitions or do you think Sam was just hallucinating?

I consider myself to be faithful and I have a strong belief in God but don't know if I believe in seeing apparitions.

Posted on Mar 15, 2011 6:43:16 PM PDT
L. Bergson says:
I have never seen apparitions and not sure how I would react if I did. I do however feel that some verses in the bible do jump out at me, especially about situations that I am going through at the time. I feel that is part of the 'living' word.

Posted on Mar 15, 2011 8:19:24 PM PDT
Sam isn't the only one to see the angels, although not everyone can see them. While I've never seen a heavenly apparition, I have seen fleeting images of something/someone at times, or felt the presence of a loved one who has passed in the room with me.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2011 10:07:16 PM PDT
I can't say that I've ever seen an apparition, angel, or had any out of body or supernatural type experience; however, I do believe they occur and that others have experienced. I think of times when I "felt" a presence or when right before something happened a thought or sudden occurrence changed the course of events (something that keeps you 5 min later than expected and you happen across a terrible accident type of thing) - if that can happen, I think more visually and verbally apparent instances can also occur.

What I do wonder at times is, why? Why do some see it and others don't? Why do some have such physical experiences when they convert and become believers? It has at times actually made me question myself - have I done something wrong, did I not say the prayer in a convincing manner, etc, etc.?

Posted on Mar 16, 2011 5:09:55 AM PDT
mars76 I have many of the same questions that you pose. I consider myself to be a good person, I try to live life the way God wants me to and I try to live what the Bible preaches. However, I know that I sin and don't always react the way that I should in certain situations. Anyway, when I hear about people seeing certain images or whatever the case may be, I wonder what makes them so different than me.

I also struggle with people that are so accepting of death because they know the glory that awaits them on the other side. I believe in God, I love God and I know he's going to take care of me in this life and the next but it still doesn't stop me from being terrified of dying because I have no knowledge of what happens when I die on Earth but I guess that's a rambling for another time....

Posted on Mar 17, 2011 12:22:53 PM PDT
I hear you Janice...I think the same thing is true when others around us pass as well. Yeah, a part of me is joyful for a believer who passes on, but I've never been the kind that can just say "well, they're in a better place" and be *okay* with it, I still get pretty torn up; I still question; I still get angry so on and so forth.

I think I'm more terrified of dying simply b/c I don't want to leave my kids or family behind. That is tough to reconcile b/c we're supposed to be able and willing to give up anything; everything without question, but I just never want my kids to have to deal with losing me "too early" (I lost my mom when I was 14...gonna have to go out on a limb and say that is probably why I feel this way)!

Posted on Mar 17, 2011 5:35:55 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 14, 2011 12:25:44 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2011 5:39:35 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 14, 2011 12:25:44 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 18, 2011 2:18:18 AM PDT
I think my biggest fear about death is the fear of the unknown. Not knowing what awaits on the other side is the scariest part. I know what I've been raised to believe or what the Bible tells me but since I've never been there or known anyone that has come back from there, it's hard to imagine what truly awaits on the other side. I equate it to a vacation spot. You always like to do your homework first and read reviews so that you can have a reasonable expectation.

Posted on Mar 18, 2011 2:33:15 PM PDT
Thanks Joshua, for your kind words!

I agree about the importance of knowing death is not the end - that is a wonderful, comforting feeling!

Posted on May 6, 2013 9:08:45 PM PDT
One day I was dreaming and Jesus spoke to me in my sleep. He told me to contact a medium that was from America and was on Australian prime time at the time. I asked Jesus how to do that and he told me, "Just say his name" I gave the medium a message from Jesus to stop doing what he was doing. After that I was bolt awake and Jesus asked me to ask him for something. I was never one to pray and ask Jesus for things. When I pray I simply have two-way conversations with God. I asked Jesus after some thought, as I knew he was going to answer it, "could I have prophetic dreams and visions."

I have to say that my life changed from that prayer. I have met angels in visions and conversed with them. I have met Jesus on earth many many times. In fact a couple of months ago I saw Him and I said, "I am seeing you every second day now" Jesu smiled and said, "I am with you every day, I just chose to manifest myself every second day. I asked, "Where is that in the Bible?" He smiled and said, "Lo I am with your always."

I can only put down my experiences to that prayer. Before that prayer I had known when angels were with me but had never seen them like a ghost. After the prayer I could see them clearly and yet ONLY when God chose to reveal them to me.

I have been to heaven on many occasions , though I always get upset when I have to come back to earth. It really is a great place up there.

I think Jesus would like all people to see angels and Him. I have a gift that the Holy Spirit taught me, such that I can help open peoples spiritual eyes. Most people I do it with see an angel or Jesus when I do it. I wish I could phone all of you people who want to see and introduce you to the supernatural.

I am a vile sinner. I am in no way more special than other people. I think it is my job to "help" people believe and than see the supernatural.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Beyond Justice forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Mar 15, 2011
Latest post:  May 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Beyond Justice
Beyond Justice by Joshua Graham (Paperback - April 27, 2010)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (1,009)