Customer Discussions > Firefly: The Complete Series forum

Question about the DVD packaging

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 7, 2011 10:36:05 AM PDT
Just out of curiosity, did this boxset used to actually be in a fold out box? I just picked up the series from Target last night for $16.99 and the new case is just a regular DVD case (clear) with the disc holders that have 1 disc on the front and back of each (2 holders for 4 discs). Based on the stock photo on amazon it looks like it used to be an actual box (something like Heroes or Smallville).

No big deal, just wanted to know.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2011 8:19:57 PM PST
S. Brockhoff says:
I don't know if it was ever offered as a fold-out, but it was released in a version with four separate slim-line DVD cases inside a single box. I just bought another set as a gift, and received that same single-DVD case with the four discs packed inside that you are describing seeing at Target. I am somewhat reassured that you saw this in a regular retail outlet, as I was worried the Marketplace seller might have pulled a fast one on me. I don't know for certain, but can only assume for now that this is new packaging from a more recent release.

Posted on Aug 17, 2013 9:48:51 AM PDT
Smug_Grinch says:
I do believe that this was originally a fold-out set at one time. Each disc and page had a different character on it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jul 7, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Firefly: The Complete Series
Firefly: The Complete Series by Nathan Fillion (DVD - 2003)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (8,479)