Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1-Inch, 16GB, Wi-Fi)
Used & New from: $155.98
Question: Will the galaxy tab work to read kindle books? I bought a Blackberry playbook and was very disappointed that there is no way to read Kindle books on that tab. What about the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 inch? Does anyone know if there is a WORKABLE Kindle app for the Galaxy 10.1 tab, or is it the same garbage as the playbook?
asked by William J. Rothwell on July 8, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 answers
A
votes
Here is the link to the Kindle app for android...
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.amazon.kindle&feature=search_result

It lists support for Honeycomb tablets like the Galaxy tab 10.1

"Enjoy the benefit of Kindle optimized for Honeycomb tablets; A new library layout, an improved book, newspaper, and magazine reading experience, and dozens of other new enhancements to take advantage of the larger screens."
ncb1397 answered on July 8, 2011

A
vote
I have the Galaxy, and it doesn't need to be connected to the internet in order to read books I've moved over from my Kindle or PC. In order to download books from the Kindle Store you would need an internet connection though.
Mr. Wilson answered on February 29, 2012

A
votes
Thanks for the link. However, that link is for Droid phones. But I tried the same thing on the Blackberry Playbook and it sucked! So, that makes me gun shy of depending on it for the Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1. Has anyone downloaded and read books FOR A FACT using the Droid link provided in this posting?
William J. Rothwell answered on July 9, 2011

A
votes
I use the Amazon Kindle app and it works just fine on the Galaxy Tab 10.1. I don't know what you hated about it on the Playbook. I never used a Kindle before, so I can't say if it's any different, but reading on this is just fine. The pages turn, it has bookmarks, etc. What exactly are you looking to know?
Eric Schroeder answered on July 9, 2011

A
votes
Eric: Many thanks. I was simply wanting to know if that Droid Kindle app runs on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 You have indicated that it does. That is what I wanted to know. But the Droid Kindle app DOES NOT run on the Blackberry Playbook. That is why I was gun shy about buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

A
votes
I'm confused where you think it's for the Droid phone only. It's an ANDroid app, not just the Droid phone. I always hated the phone name "Droid" when the OS is "Android". "I have a Droid running Android". The app is designed for all Android devices - phones AND tablets.

A
votes
The Playbook is still too new. Looks like Amazon has yet to release an app specifically for the Playbook. RIM stated that the Playbook will be able to run Android apps, but they have yet to enable that feature. So Amazon may be either waiting to see how that works out and will just suggest Playbook owners download that or they will see how well the Playbook sells and decide then if they should make a device specific app. It's tough to be an early adopter.

A
votes
If you want to see the Kindle app in action on a Honeycomb tablet (in this case: the Xoom), watch this youtube review...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1djLklJsm0

That should give you an idea of what your experiance will be. The Galaxy Tab will behave very much like the Xoom.
ncb1397 answered on July 9, 2011

A
votes
Many thanks!!!

A
votes
Hey dude look for "Calibre". That software is the Rosetta stone of ebook formats. You can convert anything into anything else. Give it a try.
Hector Rivera answered on August 1, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›