Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 29, 2012 12:06:38 PM PST
Why do you need a credit card number for the online code? I have enough money on my gift card balance but it is still asking me for a credit card number.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 3:08:47 PM PST
Jack Pacini says:
I think to prove you are a real legitimate user, not some hacker. Better than giving up your Social Security number. Most credit card co./banks insure you against fraud anyway, and if yours doesn't, I would say it's time to change financial institutions.

Notice all the people complaining about how much money they lost during the PlayStation Network hack? Yeah because if anybody's money was taken fraudulently their banks were insured against it, and the people got their money back right away.

Honestly credit/debit cards are the safest form of transaction there is. Bank accounts are all mostly insured for around $100,000. Even prepaid Visa & MasterCards have some fraud protection.

So game on and don't worry. Just keep an eye on your account, which is easy to do in the 21st century what with Smartphones and all.

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 5:26:53 AM PST
Right, otherwise anyone who got into your amazon account could buy it instantly since it doesn't need to be shipped. It's the same reason you need to put in your cc info if you are shipping to a new address for the first time.

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 2:48:07 AM PST
cybertext says:
I heard you can do it:
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Time card
- Pre-paid Limited Debit Card that was purchased by cash LOL! (safest)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jan 29, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions