Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
asked by MAB on April 23, 2006
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 58 answers
A
JW answered on June 19, 2009
Comment | 92 of 95 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I was raised in an alcoholic home and became an alcoholic myself. For those who doubt such things as described by Walls, try to attend an open AA meeting and listen to the stories. You'll be able to watch your own sheltered life melting away.
Lawrence James answered on July 16, 2009
Comment | 30 of 31 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Everyone who doesn't believe that people could actually be so cruel to their children is fortunate. I spent three years volunteering with homeless youth, and you would not believe the way some people treat their kids. It is truly appalling. Neglect, physical abuse, rape, prostitution... you name it, it happens.

Kudoes to Jeannette and her siblings for making it out. They are very strong people.
Sophia answered on October 17, 2009
Comment | 26 of 27 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Um...Midnight Mass IS on Christmas day. 12:00AM. And I grew up in the South, and people could not even buy liquor before 2 PM on Sundays. That might have changed, but don't knock things you don't know anything about. I know people will probably label this post as not adding to the discussion. but I had a visceral reaction to this post and had to say something.
Kara answered on February 8, 2008
Comment | 29 of 34 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I, too, grew up in Arizona (Phoenix) and wonder if she meant "Phoenix College" which is located at 15th Avenue and Thomas Rd, not too far from North 3rd Street. And because this was from her early memories of childhood, I didn't think not knowing the correct names mattered as much as her reality of the memories.

I also thought it was fascinating.
Amazon Customer answered on June 1, 2009
Comment | 14 of 14 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
EP answered on November 26, 2009
Comment | 33 of 34 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Please note that everybody who has written here who knew Jeannette and/or her sisters personally has verified at least the parts they knew about.
Alchemist answered on June 23, 2009
Comment | 14 of 15 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
To the person inquiring about their dinners, you should be able to answer you own post. She said they never had regular dinners. That implies that they did have some dinners, i.e. irregular dinners. Your question would only make sense if she had said that they never had any dinners.

I can't believe the reasons people come up with to doubt this book.
AB answered on June 5, 2009
Comment | 19 of 24 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
happyscshopper answered on June 20, 2009
Comment | 13 of 15 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Lawrence James answered on December 30, 2009
Comment | 14 of 14 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next ›

See all questions about this product