Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 37 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 21, 2011 1:48:01 PM PDT
GarionOrb says:
So despite how awesome this game looks, I have my reservations. This is because I just found out the developer made this game fresh off of finishing their prior game...PlayStation Move Heroes. I don't know about anyone else, but I found that game to be awful in just about every way. I hope SCE/Insomniac knew what they were doing when they handed this game off to them. I was hoping Bend could do it, as they did a fabulous job with Resistance: Retribution.

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 12:36:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2011 12:37:42 PM PDT
Jeff says:
Yeah, Retribution was a great game, I've played through it MANY times.... I'm hoping they do this game justice as well, I love me some FPS portable action.

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 1:17:46 AM PST
BabiiPupp55 says:
Yea i was just thinking about that,& i found your discussion.Specially since i'd seen a video of Insomniac saying they will no longer be making Resistance games & have passed it on to some other Studio.

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 11:07:21 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 7, 2012 1:01:15 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2012 1:06:11 AM PST
richard roth says:
he was talking about playstation move heroes...the developer's prior game to this...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012 3:39:32 PM PST
Facelord says:
Apparently Amazon has a 30-day return policy if you don't remove the shrink-wrap, I found that out after reading some pamphlet when I opened Modnation Racers: Road Trip. I'll get Resistance Vita in the mail right after it releases and if the reviewers totally bash the game I'll consider refunding it and getting something else(like Gravity Rush or Unit 13(I hate the bro attitude of that game but I'm dying for a shooter, sue me)).

Either way, this is the one Vita game I want the most so far- unless Killzone Vita shocks me with higher production quality and vastly superior gameplay and releases this year. I just wish this game would release sooner, I don't wanna have to wait 3.5 months for it. :<

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 9:15:43 PM PST
I wouldn't judge them by Move Heroes...they were given a specific title to work on by Sony and were forced to use Move controls. Resistance is something that already has a formula sort of laid out so it shouldn't be too difficult relatively speaking, I don't want to belittle game development.

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 4:44:04 AM PST
Dj Chiszle says:
how could you judge a fps game based on a playstation move game?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 10:53:51 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
I'm judging the developer's ability to make a good game. Has nothing to do with the genres. PlayStation Move Heroes was a game that had tons of potential, but the devs trashed it. I'm hoping they won't do the same with Resistance.

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 2:14:58 PM PST
The latest gameplay looked solid enough for me. It had some slight framerate dips, but that's not enough to put me off from buying it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 7:47:29 AM PST
I agree, but at the same time... it takes someone like Sakurai (Super Smash Bros) to mash together many franchises into a compelling game. No one else has done that successfully.

Pulling off a shooter successfully is a lot easier especially for an established franchise. They have just have to repeat a known formula.

Posted on Feb 25, 2012 8:26:38 PM PST
Austin Akens says:
Bend took over Uncharted pretty well, and by the gameplay I saw my expectations are pretty high.

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 8:26:14 PM PST
C. Sneed says:
Bend seems to be trying to compete with Ready At Dawn for their amazing adaptations.

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 11:10:11 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Bend is awesome. Wish they'd done this game.

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 8:43:13 PM PST
The PSP God of War games and the latest Uncharted all turned out well, despite being developed by different studios. I'm willing to give this game the benefit of the doubt, until and unless I hear otherwise from a general review consensus.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 5:05:19 PM PDT
Facelord, please for the love of god if you're choosing between the two get Gravity Rush. That games been out in Japan for a while now with nothing but fantastic reviews. I'm pre-ordering both of these games but Gravity Rush looks amazing.

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 7:18:45 AM PDT
Vyprstryke says:
You're comparing a game that was more geared towards kids and casual gamers to a what I'm guessing will be an M rated game. I dunno about you, but I don't tend to care much for casual games so I also didn't enjoy PSMH. At the same time, that game didn't look appealing to me from the start whereas this does. I'm gonna reserve judgement until I've played it.

Posted on May 3, 2012 2:46:23 PM PDT
John Jones says:
Would have been nice if Bend was developing it but Bend was told to develop Uncharted, the series Sony cares about.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 6:34:33 AM PDT
Bend made a mostly good game with Uncharted - Golden Abyss. Easily an 8/10 game, but it could have been a 9/10 game if they had resisted forcing in terrible touch-screen gesture controls for using Machete or during Melee combat.

I have not tried Resistance Retribution. Maybe if they allow that to be downloaded to PS-Vita, I can give it a try. I am not familiar with any other Bend games. The developers behind Resistance Burning Skies have also implemented touch-screen stuff, but as far as I could tell they have resisted doing things that break the flow of gameplay. The main thing that feels wonky from videos I have seen is the secondary fire which requires touch. But that seems to be a compromise because there are only two shoulder buttons on the Vita instead of the 4 found on the PS3 controller.

Posted on May 21, 2012 7:04:05 AM PDT
Zelda says:
Im going to play this game on my lunch break at work.

Posted on May 28, 2012 4:44:08 PM PDT
John Jones says:
Bend is the studio behind the Syphon Filter series on both PSone, PS2, and PSP.

I believe you can go on your PS3 and download Retribution and then just use the content manager to put it on your Vita.

Reviews are coming in and they are not looking so hott :(

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 12:25:12 AM PDT
I had my reservations too. If you look at wikipedia, their track record hasn't been that stellar.

Bend was too busy working on the portable Uncharted, we'll just have to cross our fingers and see how Resistance turns out in the coming week. I mean, it looks great in all the preview videos so I'm hoping this turns out well.

On a completely random tangent...when the hell is Retribution going to make it to the Vita store, so that everybody can play it using near-regular ps3 controls with 2 sticks?!

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 12:28:53 AM PDT
The content manager does conversion of PSP games?!

Sorry, as you can tell, I haven't had much time to fiddle with the Vita's abilities.

Posted on May 29, 2012 4:57:22 AM PDT
No Content manager just allows some PSP games that haven't received Sony's blessing to be transferred to your Vita. Have the games on your PS3 and make sure they are in the bubble "uninstalled" mode. Then hook up the Vita and the content manager will show you what can be copied to the Vita.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 6:37:53 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
A couple of the reviews have been TERRIBLE. Not only is Burning Skies short (only six levels, maybe 5 hours), but the game seems to be plagued with graphical glitches galore, boring multiplayer, and the game generally seems unfinished.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  23
Total posts:  37
Initial post:  Sep 21, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Resistance: Burning Skies - PlayStation Vita
Resistance: Burning Skies - PlayStation Vita by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation Vita)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (169)