Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day

on January 1, 1999
Ralph Moss' "Questioning Chemotherapy" is a book that every person faced with cancer must read before submitting to toxic chemicals which may very well destroy the body's immune system.
Unlike many alternative health authors who base their conclusions on anecdotal evidence, Moss uses the medical establishment's own research to prove that in almost all instances chemotherapy is NOT a viable approach to improving cancer survival rates.
Moss also makes the important point that current cancer research has never bothered to examine the mental anguish, physical suffering, and poor quality of life endured by almost everyone whose doctors talk or scare them into undergoing chemotherapy.
Learning about the economics behind chemotherapy drives the final nail into the coffin of a "therpy" that educated people in the future will consider outrageous and reflective of the current dark ages of so-called modern medicine.
This is a must read book for anyone who wants to know the truth behind chemotherapy or anyone whose doctor wants to inject toxic chemicals into their bloodstream.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
It takes a lot of courage for a cancer patient to challenge the "expert" knowledge of his or her cancer doctor. This book gives you that ability. Life-saving? Indeed.

Before you submit to any cancer treatment, you need to read all of this book. It is comprehensive and detailed about every type of chemotherapy and every type of cancer. Side effects are horrific and natural substances which offset them are actually discouraged. Virtually nothing has changed since this book was published in 1995 except some of the drug names.

In 2002, the Journal of the American Medical Association reported that in the previous year, the average oncologist had made $253,000 of which 75% was profit on chemotherapy drugs administered in his/her office. Yet, surveys of oncologists by the Los Angeles Times and the McGill Cancer Center in Montreal show that from 75% to 91% of ongologists would refuse chemotherapy as a treatment for themselves or their families. Why? Too toxic and not effective. Yet, 75% of cancer patients are urged to take chemo by their oncologists.

Dr. Moss includes information on which cancers, all of them rare, chemotherapy works. This list has not changed since it was published by the National Cancer Institute in 1971. One of these is Embryonal Testicular Cancer, for which cyclist Lance Armstrong is the poster boy. Another is Wilm's Tumor. My 3-year old daughter was completely healed of Wilm's Tumor by removal of a kidney and treatment with chemotherapy 45 years ago.

Don't be fooled by terms like "response rate" or "5-year survival." For metastatic cancer (the only kind that kills), the success rate of chemotherapy (defined as long-term remission) is 3%.

Get Dr. Moss' book and dramatically improve your chances of recovery with the knowledge he gives you here.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 18, 2007
If you or someone you know has cancer, get this book.

My mom was diagnosed with cancer 5 years ago. Her oncologist tried to manipulate her into getting chemo and radiation. Even the radiologist who had been consulted said that radiation would not help her cancer.

He had an agenda. He didn't care if it would help her at all. He was the director of the cancer center, you see. He was motivated by greed and the desire to make everyone bow to his wishes.

She still refused chemo due to the information I gave her.

A few years after her diagnosis, she was written up in a journal because her cancer was so rare. In this journal they said that her kind of cancer had NEVER responded to chemo or radiation!

There was no known evidence of chemo being a help to her, yet he was determined to shove it down her throat.

It is 5 years since diagnosis and she is fine. She takes a lot of cleansing herbs and Chinese herbs and is healthier now than she was 5 years ago.

Do not let the cancer industry manipulate and scare you into taking POISON. Chemo is not medicine. It is poison. It is a race to see if the chemo kills you first or if the cancer does.

Usually people die of the effects of the chemo and radiation, not the cancer. Yet family members are so misinformed that even if the patient does not want chemo, the family begs them to take it.

Update:

September 2009. Mom is still alive and never took chemo. In 2 years, I've watched 3 women in their 40's die from chemo.

I love this book:

Cancer: Step Outside the Box, 4th Edition

Update: April 2013. Mom is still alive and has done no chemo. Since I wrote this review, there are more books on natural ways to heal cancer.

The Gerson Therapy: The Proven Nutritional Program for Cancer and Other Illnesses

Knockout: Interviews with Doctors Who Are Curing Cancer--And How to Prevent Getting It in the First Place

A Cancer Battle Plan I particularly like this book, because it is a story by a woman who had chemo and radiation and was sent home to die. She recovered. The chemo she had damaged her liver and I believe she died about 8 years later from the damage the chemo did. But, she overcame her cancer. Her husband runs a health clinic in their hometown.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 8, 2004
(...)The appendix is packed with information in regards to a few dozen of the more commonly used or controversial cytotoxic drugs currently used. However, the issues he brings up concerning the quality of life of the cancer patient who will most probably very miserable and depleted for extended periods of time when using chemotherapy in conjunction with the fact that there are alternative treatment modes out there in the marketplace that no one is compiling any hard data on is argueably this books finest contribution. This is compelling and thought provoking imnformation for anyone in this position to consider well. Knowledge is power and reading this book may help guard the reader against naively developing a false sense of hope based upon the party line responses of the orthodox medical establishment to the concerns of patients who are struggling with the potential prospect of a significantly shortened life.
on January 19, 1999
Ralph Moss provides the most authoritative criticisms and evaluation of alternative cancer therapies. People should begin with Questioning Chemotherapy and then move onto any of his other books. The other book that should follow is John Boik's Cancer & Natural Medicine
on November 2, 2010
This book is informative but is due for a revision or new edition. If anything since this book was written issues with chemo have become worse.

From experience: there is a lot more one size fits all, lack of monitoring progress or absence of it, a dismissal by oncologists and radiologists of toxic side effects, along with a complete dismissal of any alternatives or helpful supplementation to offset the effects.

Judging from statements/bills I received there are major dollars involved in treating with chemo and radiation. It has become much more profitable since Dr. Moss wrote this last edition. Hard to imagine the dollars drug companies contribute to "positive" research endeavors.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 17, 2009
This book is right on! I am an RN and have worked in the area of cancer. I have worked areas of research as well as patient care during and after many of the conventional treatments and surgeries. I have seen the truth for myself. "Questioning Chemotherapy" shows the reader what I have seen first-hand. It takes one back through the history of chemo development and the politics of the developement of the multi-billionn dollar business of oncology. It tears down the facade of well developed lies to allow one to see the naked truth. I highly recommend this book!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I read this book after my lumpectomy for breast cancer. My doctor was asking me to consider chemotherapy due to lymph node involvement. Since I have other health problems, I was questioning if the chemo would be a wise choice for me personally.

This book gave me alot of information and answered alot of my questions. I felt by reading it I gained alot of knowledge in regards to my health decisions.

I would highly recommend this book for anyone who is dealing with cancer.
on May 8, 2009
Perhaps the single most important issue facing our aging society is how do we better care for those facing cancer. Why is it that we question our mechanic before he goes to work however we are wholly unprepared to defend a position when it comes to our own safety.

Dr. Moss is a brilliant and gifted communicator and in this book he explores the known and unknown concerning chemotherapy. I read recently that oncology as a whole in the future will be seen as a tremendously barbaric way of treating cancer. I agree wholeheartedly, how is it that we can pour poison into our body to kill a mass at the expense of the rest of our systems. You know hair is not the only fast growing cells in our body and in fact 1/3 of those cancer cells we are hoping to destroy are dormant at any given time.

Approach this book with an open mind and you will find yourself questioning allot more than just chemotherapy.

Thank you Dr. Moss for educating us to the questionable use of chemotherapy in a profit driven system determined to kill the tumor at the expense of the patient.
[...]
on May 21, 2007
Dr. Moss reveals the real effect of chemotherapy far removed from the advertised benefits that are promoted by the medical establishment. It can open up a whole new world for the reader, one the drug companies would like to leave closed.