Customer Discussions > New Super Mario Bros. U forum

Questions about the wii pro controller...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 19, 2013 12:20:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2013 12:23:29 AM PST
pacalo says:
Are there *any* wii or wii-u games compatible with the wii pro controller?

I just bought the wii-u deluxe tonight, along the Super Mario Bros game & two pro controllers, thinking these controllers would bring back the good old days of playing Mario with SNES-style controllers. However, it wasn't until I began reading the reviews on Amazon that I learned I won't be able to use them!

I feel duped because the pro controllers were situated on the same display shelf at Best Buy as the wii-u consoles, which was rather misleading.

I thought I'd ask here what wii games these controllers could be used for before returning them, provided I get some timely feedback.

Thanks!

Posted on Jun 1, 2013 6:25:05 PM PDT
The Pro Controller can be used with:
- "Call of Duty: Black Ops II"
- "Assassin's Creed III"
- "Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge"
- "Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate"
- "Darksiders II"
- "Tank! Tank! Tank!"
- All of the Virtual Console games, induding "Super Mario World" & "Super Mario Bros. 2"

Plus, an update is coming soon for "New Super Mario Bros. U" that allows pro controller capability.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2013 9:31:31 AM PDT
Alex K says:
pacalo - There is an upcoming patch for this game that will give it support for the wii u pro controller so I'd not return them. The patch should out around the 20th of June, around the same time Luigi U comes out.

Posted on Jun 28, 2013 11:25:43 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
New Super Mario Bros. U is now compatible with the Pro controller. Just download the patch (which should begin automatically if you're connected to the internet).

The new controller, however, comes with its own set of issues. Mainly, the placement of the d-pad and the buttons make for some uncomfortable moments. In this game, it's necessary to keep your hands over the run and jump buttons, but good luck if you want to use the B and Y buttons. They're so far on the inside of the controller you really have to reach your thumbs. You can use A and X instead, but it's still weird.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Feb 19, 2013
Latest post:  Jun 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
New Super Mario Bros. U
New Super Mario Bros. U by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii U)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (461)