Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on July 18, 2013
This book has a lot of very nice patterns. The colors are very inspiring.
But I have 2 problems with this series: the number of errors is staggering! For this book, go check them on [...] before starting anything.
The other problem is the gauge. How in heck do you get 24 st/4" with Cascade 220?! One pattern in the first baby book gave stitches per 5" for the gauge! Really threw me off, and I'm experienced.
As long as you're aware of these, enjoy!
77 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2014
These patterns are definitely cute, fresh, modern and all those other adjectives publishers like to throw around. The Sunny Bunny blanket? Adorable. Singing the Blues? Three tones of blue stripes knit over reverse rice stitch looks sharp, and way more complicated than it actually is.

I wouldn't call many of these patterns "quick", though; most are designed for 6 - 8 skeins of Cascade 220 Superwash or Cascade 128 Superwash. Even in the bulkier 128, six skeins just don't knit up that quickly.

My real issue is with the errata though. Go to the sixth&spring website and look at the list before you purchase this book - there are corrections to about 15 of the 60 patterns. Unfortunately, most of them aren't small corrections, either. I had made it to about row 17 of Little Star before the pattern just ceased making sense. Thank heavens for Ravelry, which linked straight to the errata page and the *complete rewrite* of the Little Star pattern. That's right - it was so bad, they had to completely re-write it from the ground up. The new directions work fine (though would it kill them to remind you how to purl twice into a yarn over?) and I'm glad they rewrote them, but this was not a small error. And a significant number of the other errata look to be equally egregious: multiple chart reprints and corrections to basic stitch patten directions (like double seed stitch) border on unforgivable. Sure, you might guess that they forgot to mention to maintain the separate border stitches, but how are you supposed to guess the charts themselves are wrong? And if you're doing a whole blanket in a particular stitch pattern, you'd think they could at least get the stitch pattern itself right.

So if major errata just rub you the wrong way, give this book a pass. It's really too bad; so many of these patterns are really cute, but if I want to keep the book, I need to staple in about five pages of corrections. (There's only two on the website, but it's a *really* small font and doesn't include the corrected charts.). It's pretty poor pattern testing and editing that send out a book where a quarter of the patterns are wrong - many of which are unknittable without the errata.

FYI, the sheep on the Counting Sheep blanket is crocheted separately and sewn on afterwards (just to let any other non-crocheters know). And the Little Star blanket, though shown in stockinette, is actually knitted in acres of reverse-stockinette - they photographed it wrong side up. Lucky me...
on November 12, 2013
These blankets looked inspiring and I couldn't resist buying the book. I didn't have a problem with the American yarn and instructions, I knew I could work round that. However the first blanket I started had obvious errors, I looked on the publisher's website for help and found that 12 of the 60 blankets had errata notices. The explanation I found to be rather unapologetic.

'We make every effort to ensure that our instructions are correct before publication. However, mistakes do happen. We post corrections as soon as they become available.'

I'm not sure what 'every effort' means but it seems that purchasers of the book are being used as test knitters.
I love this book. Whenever a friend has a baby I like to knit them a blanket. The patterns in here are varied and lovely. They range from single colored to multi-colored; cables; lace; whimsical. There is something here for every taste. There are monkey patterns, a blanket with mustaches on it, diamond patterns, stripes, birds and bees, squares, and even robots. I know that when I next want to knit a baby blanket, I will go to this book for a pattern.
on April 23, 2013
Want to stop my current project and begin knitting patterns from it right away. It has some of the cutest baby blankets and pouches ever. There are frilly blankets, blankets with with animals, my son wants the alligator one for some day when he has a baby, and just about anything you might imagine. Best of all they are made with superwash yarn. 220 and 128 not just baby weight yarn. I love it.
on March 10, 2014
I liked these patterns, but there are problems with some of them. When I went to their site to find the corrections, the site also errored. Now I have no way of knowing how to correct the pattern I'm working on. Not happy about this situation
on April 9, 2013
I had the pleasure of reviewing 60 More Quick Knits , 60 Quick Baby Knits and 60 Quick Knits, and today, I'm reviewing the latest addition to the bestselling 60 Quick Knits series, 60 Quick Baby Blankets.

This book features a variety of quick knit projects from 30 up and coming designers using the versatile, colorful, and very affordable, Cascade 220 Superwash and Cascade 128 Superwash yarns.

Inside you will find designs that are whimsical, lacy, traditional, colorful and fun, such as Baby Beluga, A New Leaf, Lacy Chevron, Tickled Pink and Building Blocks. Bottom line, there is a great range of patterns that knitters are sure to enjoy and perfect to suit every skill level. This collection offers knitters well written pattern instructions, colorful photos of the finished projects, charts where needed and a wonderful bonus project, a sweet knitted little Lamb designed by Susan B. Anderson.

While this book is dedicated to "baby", there are also designs that could be used as lap blankets or throws for adults, such as the Zig and Zag, Criss-Cross Coverlet and Good Vibrations. So to me, this book is very versatile and could be used for all ages!

I give this latest addition two thumbs up! If you knit baby blankets for gifts or for your own children, this is a book to consider adding to your knitting library.
on April 11, 2013
Every book in this series is a MUST have. I highlighted about a third of the patterns that I intend to make. That is a pretty high number. Well written instructions and beautiful illustrations make this a beautiful addition to my library. I am so glad that I purchased this book that I did not need, but must have!!!!
on March 28, 2013
Here is yet another WONDERFUL "60 Quick..." book!! I now own all of them. This one offers SO many beautiful baby blankets. The designs will have something for all taste! There are some for beginner and many for advanced knitters. I think anyone that buys this will be pleased. I am SO glad I own it.
on June 12, 2013
I love the patterns. When knitting for babies and kids I look for comfort. I've tried a few swatches. These look comfortable, not too limp, too stiff, too knotty or too holey. The fun use of color makes the easy patterns more than gift-worthy. Several patterns have special details I plan to use on other projects. I like that many of the blankets can be used as a base for customized designs. I like that only 2 weights of yarn are used so that you can build up a collection of colors to try several blankets (and keep the cost per blanket down) and you don't have to have a dozen different needle sizes to make more than one of the blankets. I think some knitters and recipients expecting a lot of lace might feel disappointed (though there are some nice lace patterns like "Making Waves" with it's delicate ruffled edge), but I think the patterns are in keeping with today's trends for bold colors, simple lines and easy care. I absolutely love the "Shell Game" pattern with swimming turtles though I think if I make it for a baby or toddler I won't use I-cord for the turtle heads and feet due to the possibility that I might not sew them on well enough to prevent a choking hazard. I could make it as is for an older child. It's just too cute!