4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!
Published 19 months ago by MollyL

2.0 out of 5 stars Good reading, but...
Not enough recipes. Good information. Nice photos. I thought it would be more of a recipe book. Still, very informative and good, easy reading.
Published 18 months ago by B Sharp

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Quick & Clean Diet: Lose The Weight, Feel Great, And Stay Lean For Life (Hardcover)
I have decided to never diet again but adapt the lifestyle of "eating clean". I bought this book along with another, more popular book on the market as I couldn't decide between the two. I have to say.. I love Dari's book! I liked the fact that she gave the concept, it was to the point. A lot of diet books just go on and on and take forever getting to the point of how to diet. I disagree with the other reviewer that says that this is nothing new if you know anything about clean eating. There are some nice recipes, tonight we just tried her flank steak marinade. Honestly.. this was by far the best marinade we have ever had! Absolutely delicious.. meat was incredibly tender and flavorful! I can't wait to try others!

This is a great book, but I've adapted it a little. I know she's out to tell people how to lose the most weight possible and is why so strict. But, I agree a little more with Tosca Reno's book in that you can have whole grains and still lose. So.. I have had whole grain brown rice.. will stay away from the starches for now.. I think a cross between the two added with Michael Pollan's book, Food Rules.. Michael Pollan made some good points. Bottom line.. eat food in it's natural state and don't eat it if a third grader couldn't pronounce it's ingredients. Good luck! If you want a book that gives you the concept without being too lecturing and to the point, along with some great recipes, then this is the book for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Is A Must Have!, March 15, 2013
I got this book, because I wanted to change my lifestyle. I couldn't cook very well, didn't know how to shop for healthy things.. but really had to motivation to change all that! This book really, really helped me. I cannot say that enough! It TEACHES you how to shop, gives you a 2 week clean meal plan, and the recipes are really easy to follow! In 2 weeks I lost over 12lbs! But most importantly I'm still on it, almost 2 months later. The food is AMAZING, and I feel soooo much better. I cannot say enough about this book!! If you have the motivation to change your lifestyle, this is a good place to start!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!, January 7, 2013
This book is well written. Love the break down on nutrition and explanation of the food to eat. Author show her knowledge. Would recommend this book for everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost 6 lbs. Within First 2 Weeks, April 28, 2013
I was very skeptical about the book but hoped for the best because I'd been trying to loose about 15 lbs. for months. Following the clean diet, not only helped me jump start my weight loss, but gave an added, unexpected bonus. It gave me a lot of Energy! I have been energy deprived for years and clean eating has noticably boosted my energy level. Three weeks later and I'm still losing weight and feeling great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing recipes and sound nutritional advice, January 11, 2013
I am so inspired by this book. Every recipe is clean, easy and amazingly delicious. After four days, I have dropped three pounds on the first phase of the program and I feel great. The fact that Dari went to culinary school comes through loud and clear. I have not found one recipe that was not delicious and satisfying. My goal is to look and feel as good as the author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost 14-lbs in first week. Was never hungry., January 19, 2013
I love this because I'm never hungry. And the provided diet meals are terrific. My wife (who doesn't need a diet) is enjoying the meals with me - after the initial 14-day diet list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this and use it, March 20, 2013
The title says it all. It is chock full of recipes that are very easy to put together and very tasty. I haven't found one I didn't think was Great. Fantastic taste, flavorful, and indeed very quick. Easy to make when you drag home from work late and need a meal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, January 19, 2013
This is a clear and encouraging and fun way to eat. Healthy, not crazy, and sustainable (I think and hope)! A beautiful book. Very pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars These recipes call for simple items at the grocery store, July 8, 2013
My sister likes the few items that calls for in the recipes. It is not over complicated and kept simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book! 10 out of 10, July 1, 2013
This is just what I needed to get my eating habits under control. I starting seeing real results after just 2 weeks!

Quick & Clean Diet: Lose The Weight, Feel Great, And Stay Lean For Life
Quick & Clean Diet: Lose The Weight, Feel Great, And Stay Lean For Life by Dari Alexander (Hardcover - January 1, 2013)
$24.95 $17.57