Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon David Ramirez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

on September 14, 2011
Jane Bamforth has compiled a wonderful book--with lots and lots of pictures--that serve as a guide to your final objective.

The book opens with a review of all kinds of salmon and offers tips on buying, storing and preparing salmon. A wide range of cooking procedures then follows.

The recipe section begins with soups and appetizers. It then moves along to light lunches, simple suppers, continuing on to complex dinner dishes. Well, complex to ME. I am not the cook in the family. But I did find my speed on page 54: "LOX with BAGELS and CREAM CHEESE" says the heading. This, hands down, being the easiest recipe in the book, I waited for Sunday morning and was ultimately successful.

The low price of this book made me skeptical at first, but when it arrived I found it to be considerably underpriced. There's a healthy variety of recipes here (70). My wife has tried some already and each has been delicious.

If you like salmon this book is for you. If you DON'T like salmon this book is DEFINITELY for you. You NEED this book if you don't like salmon because you obviously haven't been doing the right things with salmon. This book describes all the right things worth doing.

The book is published in England by Anness Publishing Ltd. and contains 96 semi-gloss 8.5 x 11 size pages. It is a beautiful book worth your time.

May I share an original salmon recipe with you? Hmmm? About fifteen years ago I devised the following recipe out of a need for a quick and healthy, good tasting meal. It continues to be a staple in my home. I call it:

RON'S QUICK AND DELICIOUS SALMON SALAD SUPREME

These are the items you will need: (1) skinned salmon fillets, (2) pre-washed packaged salad (of your choice) from the supermarket, (3) Kraft's Zesty Italian Dressing or one similar and Ken's Sweet Vidalia Onion Dressing or one similar, (4) extra virgin olive oil.

1. First we're going to cook up some salmon fillets. Cook it simply (without seasoning or flavoring). You can bake it, broil it, poach it, grill it, steam it, roast it, microwave it or fry it. I do mine in a convection/microwave on "low mix bake" for 14 minutes.

By the way, if you have eliminated dairy products from your diet--and many of us have in light of recent revelations--please know that salmon is rich in calcium. The Weaning of America: The Case Against Dairy Products

2. Now that your fillets are cooked, place one on a plate; the rest in the frig. Then cut the one into bite size pieces.

3. Open the bag of salad from the supermarket and pour a hefty amount onto your plate. The fish, the salad--it's all one dish. The fish is the salad and the salad is the fish. Mix it together.

4. The versatility of this recipe now comes to the fore: At this point you can add whatever else you like. For instance, my sister adds tomatoes; my brother-in-law incorporates a hard boiled egg; a friend of mine adds olives; another adds Swiss cheese. The point is, make your plate the way YOU like it. If you feel like green pepper, cut it up, toss it in.

5. Now for the salad dressings. You need not use them in equal amounts. For example, I use the Zesty Italian Dressing more sparingly than I do the Sweet Vidalia Onion.

6. Finally, extra virgin olive oil. Pour on as much or as little as you like. Let it drip down. Time to eat.

For tomorrow: All you need do is take one fillet out the frig and repeat the process without the cooking. Salmon hot or cold I love this dish.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Best of health!
on January 12, 2013
Excellent and tasty recipes, with lots of pictures and easy to follow instructions. Very good cook book for the money.
on April 15, 2015